You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.

Default Target/3D Setups

Well I've decided that i'm ready to make the plunge and start shooting a scope instead of pins for 3D & 300. I've been doing alot of looking and I think I've narrowed it down to 2, sites any how. Copper John ANTS field/3D or Sure-Loc Supreme 400. Scopes on the other hand I don't know much about, what brand or size do you guys shoot? I was looking at some from Beiter but i don't know. What are your guys oppinions on the ANTS and the Supreme? Also, is the Supreme worth getting over the Challenger series?? I've heard really good things about the Copper John but what do you guys think?? Alot of questions I know but this target stuff is confusing. Not to mention expensive!!

My preference is the Supreme by Sureloc.
    Chris Christenson - Admin
    3DShoots.com - Find Archery Shoots near you
    ObsessionArchery.com - Archery Supplies

I also prefer the sure loc but would like to try the new accell sights by tru ball also.......
    I cut things up and split them down!

in Dixie Home of the Brave and land of the Free

Superme is a mighty fine sight Bar. I have been doing eem for years> I am sure there are others out there though. Still if you will look at all tha top shooters for the most part it is Sureloc> HS

Switchback xt BYC LOOP- SHOOT NOW56# 385gr 2312 Eclipse 100gr Muzzy 256fps SEPTER RANGER STRINGS, 4th axis,335 jammers @ 61# =285 fps

I have a Sure-Loc........

Check out Custom Bow Equipment sights also. They make very good sights that have a lot of different options.

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed View Post
    Well I've decided that i'm ready to make the plunge and start shooting a scope instead of pins for 3D & 300. I've been doing alot of looking and I think I've narrowed it down to 2, sites any how. Copper John ANTS field/3D or Sure-Loc Supreme 400. Scopes on the other hand I don't know much about, what brand or size do you guys shoot? I was looking at some from Beiter but i don't know. What are your guys oppinions on the ANTS and the Supreme? Also, is the Supreme worth getting over the Challenger series?? I've heard really good things about the Copper John but what do you guys think?? Alot of questions I know but this target stuff is confusing. Not to mention expensive!!
    Shoving this back to the top.
    I'm in the exactly same dilemma you are in. Everyone please give feedback.

Ron

I have a supreme, but the Copper John is a really nice sight too. I'll also add that the customer service at CJ is second to none!

I just found these pics over on AT.....this thing looks sweet.....I think the guy even does custom paint jobs.....if he does I may be selling my sure loc....
    Attached Images Attached Images

and a few more.....
    Attached Images Attached Images

in Dixie Home of the Brave and land of the Free

Quote Originally Posted by BOWMAN View Post
    I just found these pics over on AT.....this thing looks sweet.....I think the guy even does custom paint jobs.....if he does I may be selling my sure loc....

If those have worm gears like the old checkits they will wear out fairly quick. Get alot of paly in them. It is a sweet looking puppy though> HS

Switchback xt BYC LOOP- SHOOT NOW56# 385gr 2312 Eclipse 100gr Muzzy 256fps SEPTER RANGER STRINGS, 4th axis,335 jammers @ 61# =285 fps

I have an old toxonics that works great. Sureloc makes some great sights though. Check out the classifieds sections you may find a great deal there.

"HONDA"

Banned

I decided to buy my first target setup a couple of months ago and looked at both the ANTS and Sureloc. I decided on the Sureloc but my local pro shop guy was just about to leave for the big archery trade show in Atlanta. He convinced me to wait. He came back excited about the new Truball Axcel and I waited another 3 weeks until his order arrived. Last week I got it and a Classic scope. Since it's my first, I can't compare it to others, but I love it.

Default sights

I use CBE 3DXL sight and CR Apex scope.
    I would like to thank all my sponsers:Alpine Archery Pro Staff, Tru-Ball Releases Staff , Hydronics Archery Pro Staff,Victory Arrows Staff, Bohning Archery , Vibra-Check , TP Scope Lenses Pro Staff, Mossy Oak Pro Staff....
    RANGER BOW STRINGS