You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.

Default Need input please!

I'm new to the sport and by that I mean I've shot others bows 2 or 3 times and have finally decided to get me own. There's a bow shop just down the road and their service has been great, been there a few times talking for over an hour and they've answered all my questions. Finally shot a couple bows last time and I'd like some honest opinions out there about service issues, quality, value. Also, since I'm new I don't have any brand loyalty.

I shot 3 bows, the Diamond Liberty, Bowtech Tribute, and Mathews Drenalin. Being new, I wasn't quite sure what to look for regarding hand shock, noise, etc. They all felt similar which is why I need to go shoot them again. The one thing is all three were not set up the same, diff draw wt and length but they were close. The one thing I noticed was if the guy told me right the Bowtech was at 70# and the Drenalin at 60#, the Bowtech seemed easier to pull???

Any input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Decoy View Post
    I'm new to the sport and by that I mean I've shot others bows 2 or 3 times and have finally decided to get me own. There's a bow shop just down the road and their service has been great, been there a few times talking for over an hour and they've answered all my questions. Finally shot a couple bows last time and I'd like some honest opinions out there about service issues, quality, value. Also, since I'm new I don't have any brand loyalty.

I shot 3 bows, the Diamond Liberty, Bowtech Tribute, and Mathews Drenalin. Being new, I wasn't quite sure what to look for regarding hand shock, noise, etc. They all felt similar which is why I need to go shoot them again. The one thing is all three were not set up the same, diff draw wt and length but they were close. The one thing I noticed was if the guy told me right the Bowtech was at 70# and the Drenalin at 60#, the Bowtech seemed easier to pull???

Any input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

to the forum And to the wonderful world of archery. All 3 bows you mentioned are nice bows. Its all a matter of what feels comfortable to you. Make sure the DL is correct for you that is the number one thing to make sure of. I like the Mathews better but that is just me. Had it not been for the SB XT last year I would probably be shooting a Tribute right now. Not alot of difference to me but enough that I felt the XT was better for me. Shoot as many bows as possible before you purchase one. And have fun doing it.

"HONDA"

Thanks. I'm planning on shooting them again but paying more attention to the little things. Have you heard of quality issues between these brands? The guy I've talked to at the bow shop seems to push Mathews but he says it's because he gets the best service with them.

Thanks. I'm planning on shooting them again but paying more attention to the little things. Have you heard of quality issues between these brands? The guy I've talked to at the bow shop seems to push Mathews but he says it's because he gets the best service with them.
    All major manufacturers have excellent service now days. Do not let a dealer push you into a purchase you are not happy with. I believe in making suggestions not pushing an item.

"HONDA"

I agree with Hoosier on this, dont let the dealer push you on something, Now granted the dealer will pry know alot more about items then someone just starting out, so do listen to him. Shoot as many bows as you can, also what do you plan on doing with the bow, just shoot spots, compeat, hunt only, you need to not only find a bow you like to shoot, feels good, but will also perform for what you need from it. and remeber what works and shoots for others, may not for you, From the bows you listed, it looks like your going to spend a good amount of your hard earned $$ so make sure you get what you like and want....

The intended use will be for hunting, maybe more in the long run once I get into the sport more. Yeah, I don't mind spending the extra cash on a good bow, most of it is Christmas money so I don't look at it as all my money

Thanks for the input

Site Guru

The intended use will be for hunting, maybe more in the long run once I get into the sport more. Yeah, I don't mind spending the extra cash on a good bow, most of it is Christmas money so I don't look at it as all my money

Thanks for the input
    real men shoot Bowtech!
    No I'm not dead

in Dixie Home of the Brave and land of the Free

Quote Originally Posted by Dredly View Post
    real men shoot Bowtech!
    Ask him if he shoots a matthews> Huuuum would this make em a sissy?

good to have ya on baord and enjoy our antics for we belive in havin a large time around here as well. HS

Switchback xt BYC LOOP- SHOOT NOW56# 385gr 2312 Eclipse 100gr Muzzy 256fps SEPTER RANGER STRINGS, 4th axis,335 jammers @ 61# =285 fps

dont worry about those bows, theres only one bow that would be right for you.... MARTIN

Thanks all for chiming in. On another note, I was looking at other posts and some of you were discussing vibration with the Drenalin. Since this is a bow I'm looking at it caught my eye. I'm sure this will be a stupid question but remember I'm new. What was everyone talking about when they said to add an STS???

Here's an STS. It stops the string's forward travel and if set right it removes some after buzz from the shot. http://shop.3dshoots.com/default.php?cPath=23_63

Thanks all for chiming in. On another note, I was looking at other posts and some of you were discussing vibration with the Drenalin. Since this is a bow I'm looking at it caught my eye. I'm sure this will be a stupid question but remember I'm new. What was everyone talking about when they said to add an STS???
    STS=Shock Terminator Suppressor.....it takes out string noise and vibrations.

Click on the link to the STS home site. http://www.stsarchery.com/

"HONDA"

am I lost, when did bucks and ducks buy out Joe Goads????
    I cut things up and split them down!

Thanks everyone. Well I'm going in Monday night to shoot them again and I'll probably make my decision. I'm getting excited for the weather to warm up so I can shoot!

Thanks for all the input. I went last night and shot them again and decided on the Drenalin. I had them both setup the same and there really was no difference that I could tell. Also, I was able to get there show price for the Drenalin so it ended up being a little cheaper than the Tribute. Well, my next task is choosing accessories. I'll starting searching around here for info on sights, rests, arrows, etc. Thanks again.