You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.

Default Loop walking around the string?

Anyone had to deal with a loop that seems to want to walk around the string?

I shoot a BT release and my peep come back nice and straight. That is until my loop starts to walk around the string.

When the bow is at rest (ie not drawn), I make sure the loop is pointed straight back toward the archer. When it is like this it is fine and the peep is perfect. After a couple shots it starts working it's way around the string.

If I don't move it back the peep then starts to not line up. The more I shoot the worse the peep gets. I then move the loop back to it's pointed straight back and all it good for a couple more shots.

Anyone had this trouble? How do you keep the loop from spinning?
    Chris Christenson - Admin
    3DShoots.com - Find Archery Shoots near you
    ObsessionArchery.com - Archery Supplies

Yes, I had this same problem. It is very annoying. There are some easy fixes for this problem.

FIX #1:
    A tiny drop of fletching glue on the top and bottom loop knots, at the serving, will stop the the loop knots from moving. The glue breaks loose easily if you need to make adjustments. But, it seems to hold the loop in place for a ton of shots.

FIX #2:

Remove the loop. Personally, I can not see any increase in accuracy using the loop. Especially for a hunting rig.

FIX #3: (an idea)

Reverse the serving rotation. Instead of serving the string from bottom to top, serve it from top to bottom. This would create a thread pattern that would force the the loop to screw downward. Maybe this would fix it. Just a thought, but, it seems reasonable.

Chris, your issues with the loop moving is the sign of a quality string. If the string is served tightly and properly, the loop will easily move along the serving as does a nut on a screw thread. A loop that stays in place, without help, is a sign that the loop is tied onto loose serving, or, a loop that was tied by godzilla.
    Take a kid with you. Show them the Great Outdoors. Pass it on.

Chris-

Is your loop tied so that the part of loop material wraps around in opposite directions? It's had to explain without pictures. You want to make sure that as the loop is being started, that the top part of the loop (saddle) is on the opposite side as the bottom. By doing this the loop will fight against each other keeping it from spinning around the string.

I do have them tied on the same side. I'll untie it and move one of the knots to the other side.

Here's a picture someone sent me.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	d-loopcolage.jpg 
Views:	379 
Size:	21.0 KB 
ID:	3 - t3h 3d shoots  
    Chris Christenson - Admin
    3DShoots.com - Find Archery Shoots near you
    ObsessionArchery.com - Archery Supplies

Chris
    I tie a simple serve top and bottom of my loop (outsde the loop) and that keeps mine from moving on me

Quote Originally Posted by Chris
    Anyone had to deal with a loop that seems to want to walk around the string?

I shoot a BT release and my peep come back nice and straight. That is until my loop starts to walk around the string.

When the bow is at rest (ie not drawn), I make sure the loop is pointed straight back toward the archer. When it is like this it is fine and the peep is perfect. After a couple shots it starts working it's way around the string.

If I don't move it back the peep then starts to not line up. The more I shoot the worse the peep gets. I then move the loop back to it's pointed straight back and all it good for a couple more shots.

Anyone had this trouble? How do you keep the loop from spinning?
    We all need help sometimes,um um.
    You sold me some serve anchor,you need to get some,it works great before you put the loop on,once you get it where you need it wrench on the loop outward with some needlenose inside the loop it should stay put.
    I would only put it where the loop is,maintaining speed is quite touchy in that department if you know what I mean.

I have had the same problem... what I did to fix it was switch to a smaller diameter string for the loop. Specifically I use the string you would utilize in a release. Once you get it tied on then use a set of needle nose pliers, pushing it between the loop and string to tighten the knots. Once tightened the loop should stay put.

Quote Originally Posted by sullivt View Post
    I have had the same problem... what I did to fix it was switch to a smaller diameter string for the loop. Specifically I use the string you would utilize in a release. Once you get it tied on then use a set of needle nose pliers, pushing it between the loop and string to tighten the knots. Once tightened the loop should stay put.
    look what I found....the leader needs our help.....
    I cut things up and split them down!

Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    I do have them tied on the same side. I'll untie it and move one of the knots to the other side.
    Here's a picture someone sent me.
    I believe this probably fixed the problem.

"HONDA"

Quote Originally Posted by BowhuntnHoosier View Post
    I believe this probably fixed the problem.

schmoes, helpin the pros
    I cut things up and split them down!

in Dixie Home of the Brave and land of the Free

Quote Originally Posted by Pinky View Post
    Yes, I had this same problem. It is very annoying. There are some easy fixes for this problem.

FIX #1:
    A tiny drop of fletching glue on the top and bottom loop knots, at the serving, will stop the the loop knots from moving. The glue breaks loose easily if you need to make adjustments. But, it seems to hold the loop in place for a ton of shots.

FIX #2:

Remove the loop. Personally, I can not see any increase in accuracy using the loop. Especially for a hunting rig.

FIX #3: (an idea)

Reverse the serving rotation. Instead of serving the string from bottom to top, serve it from top to bottom. This would create a thread pattern that would force the the loop to screw downward. Maybe this would fix it. Just a thought, but, it seems reasonable.

Chris, your issues with the loop moving is the sign of a quality string. If the string is served tightly and properly, the loop will easily move along the serving as does a nut on a screw thread. A loop that stays in place, without help, is a sign that the loop is tied onto loose serving, or, a loop that was tied by godzilla.
    It is still gonna walk for I served it that way. I novel thought tho. HS

Switchback xt BYC LOOP- SHOOT NOW56# 385gr 2312 Eclipse 100gr Muzzy 256fps SEPTER RANGER STRINGS, 4th axis,335 jammers @ 61# =285 fps

get yourself a pare of string loop pliers and applie one drop of fletch tite to your nots before you pull them tight.
    kersey pa.
    mathews conquest Pro
    target
    Mathews LX
    hunting