You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.

Thread: Tuning problem

Default Tuning problem

I have a bit of a tuning problem. I have a 2001 Hoyt with command cams. 59# draw weight. 28" arrow CX300. I use a drop away rest and am using a release with a loop. Bare shafts are hitting to the right of fletched which would indicate to weak an arrow however the CX website calculator indicates the 300 or even the 200 could be used. I have adjusted for centershot. Also the bare shafts enter the bale at a different angle than do the fletched shafts. The bare shafts angle of entry looks like they have been shot from left of where I am standing. Help!!!
    Thanks Mike

First things first. Have you had someone time the cams? This is a two cam bow and make sure that is correct first.
    Chris Christenson - Admin
    3DShoots.com - Find Archery Shoots near you
    ObsessionArchery.com - Archery Supplies

hilblly,
    Your arrows are too stiff. I had this same thing a couple years ago. An easy way to see if this is so is to add about one turn to the limb bolts and see if the bare shaft flies better. If so you will have several options. The cheapest is to shoot them at a heavier weight (peak weight), or shoot a heavier point and/or with feathers. The other is to get some CX200's.

Are planning on shooting broadheads with them? I would also offer this advice. Don't get too caught up in the bareshaft idea. It's a very good way to tune, but I'd try the arrows fletched and see how well they group. A little on the stiff side is almost always acceptable. You might be pleasantly surprised.

I agree with the above post. Shoot your arrows fletched, get them to group good and don't worry about it. I've never shot my bow with a bare shaft, some may like to do this, but good arrow group is what you want anyway. It may take several attempts to find the correct arrow, it did me.I finially settled on the GoldTip 5575's, but I shoot 65#. Try some different arrrow shafts, and see if that helps.