You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default sweet portable bow press

Ive been making these for all my friends for some time now. They recently talked me in to selling them on e-bay. I had someone from this site tell me that i should try to sell them here also. It is a very simple design, i sell just the 2 tee's with the rings on them and you supply the ratchet strap. They are not to be used on split limb bows. You slip the tee in behind the cam on both ends of the bow, then use a ratchet strap hooked to the rings and slowly ratchet the limbs together. Its very easy and it has saved me lots of trips to the pro shop. It only weights 5oz, so you wouldnt have any problem taking it everywhere you go. Im selling them for $20.00 TYD Or with a good ratchet strap incuded $30.00 TYD I will try to post pictures. They are rubber coated so it will not harm your bow. Im set up to use paypal. You can e-mail me at

coolhandlabs@yahoo.com
    By the way if you were wondering if they were very strong that is a pic of my 700lb quad being winched into the air using one of the tee rings. COOL STUFF!!!!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by rockslut; 03-18-2007 at 11:04 AM.

Im selling the heck out of these things on Archery talk. I havent even had a PM from you guys. I know you 3-D guys need to work on your bows at the range. And some of you guys hunt. I think for 20.00, thats a small price to pay for piece of mind when in the field. My faverite thing to do is pack back in 5-6 miles to get were there isnt any one else but BIG BUCKS and me. I always take a extra string and my little bow press. Every thing fits in a smal camra bag, 1lb isnt that much to pack. If it means walking all the way out and cutting my trip short to have your bow fixed. Too much prep go's into a big hunt like that.
    Sorry for running on and on i just thought i would spark some intrist.
    Thanks Mike

TTT

OK, I'll bite...

That's a really good idea. However I have a couple of questions.

When you release the tension on the ratchet strap don't that bow/limbs snap back to their un-drawn position pretty violently ?
    Also, when you release tension don't the back of the ring where the 'T' is welded on slam into the limbs ?

I'm not being critical of the idea at all in a negative regard, I'm just wondering aloud how gentle it is on the bow.

Ron

Site Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Ronhop View Post
    OK, I'll bite...

That's a really good idea. However I have a couple of questions.

When you release the tension on the ratchet strap don't that bow/limbs snap back to their un-drawn position pretty violently ?
    Also, when you release tension don't the back of the ring where the 'T' is welded on slam into the limbs ?

I'm not being critical of the idea at all in a negative regard, I'm just wondering aloud how gentle it is on the bow.

Ron
    Exactly my concern as well. how do you slowly let out the tension?
    No I'm not dead

I think all ratchet straps Quick release. You need to learn how to let it down one click at a time. Its hard to explain in words and it takes a little pratice. To quick release you release the handle all the way flat. you dont want to go that far. you take the handle to a little past 45 degrees , with the handle locked you put pressure on the handle like you would if you were to tighten it. with pressure on the handle pull the release to the ratchet. With the release pulled you let up on the handle that will allow the strap to relaxe 2-3 ratchets at a time. You realy need to practice this on something else besides your bow .Try hooking your truck to your bench in your shop put tention on the strap and practice letting the tention down. Its not hard it just takes a little practice. I hope this answers your ??.Ive had this question asked so many times. I had to put it on a word doc and now i just cut and paste it. Thanks for asking i was wondering if i was getting ignored for some reason. Im selling these real good on Archery Talk.com. But you guys are the first to even reply.

I think I understand what your saying but I need to try that out in the garage. I have a few ratchet straps of different sizes/quality.

Thanks for the info.

Ron

It takes a bigger rathet strap. then you would think. I think it all come down to how long the handle is you just need the extra leveage for the higher poundage bows. This is the one that i found and i recomend

http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/cta...emnumber=95067

up up and away.....this is a great idea guys....
    I cut things up and split them down!

Quote Originally Posted by rockslut View Post
    It takes a bigger rathet strap. then you would think. I think it all come down to how long the handle is you just need the extra leveage for the higher poundage bows. This is the one that i found and i recomend

http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/cta...emnumber=95067
    I have a Harbor Freight close to me. I'm going to check those straps out and possibly give your 'rings' a try. I'll let you know.

Ron

Ron, that would be nice to have one right next to me. I have to drive about 60 mi one way but it still beats paying for shipping. Let me know

Any ? guys let me know. They ship out same day if order recieved before 4:00pm California time. Thanks everyone for the orders, Mike

Quote Originally Posted by rockslut View Post
    Any ? guys let me know. They ship out same day if order recieved before 4:00pm California time. Thanks everyone for the orders, Mike
    Will the T fit in a Bowmaster Split Limb adaptor?

Tek I couldnt tell ya, i havent messed with the bowmaster before Ive seen them but never handeled one. I have a split limb version if thats what you are after ill try to post a picture for ya. Its the same price and can be used on both split limb and standared limbs. Let me know what you think..
    Last edited by rockslut; 05-20-2007 at 02:09 PM. Reason: spelling

Any ?? out there i can answer.. Thanks for all the business guys..

ttt any ?

Default Nice!!!!

I want one.

George, you might be able to use that type of gadget when you come down to wokr on these three bows.

Mike
    Sterner Duttera – Rhino 34
    Muzzy Zero Effect Rest
    DW 69# - DL 29" – Gold Tip 3575 – 302 fps

"Its about family, its about tradition, Its about ethics, its about respect.

It’s about preserving those fondest memories of childhood, of a celebrated season, when everything in your heart and mind was right.
    Pass on these traditions to your children's children, as it belongs to them anyway, and NEVER take for granted the PRIVILEGES that Mother Nature has to offer."

Here are a few pics of how to let a ratchet strap down one click at a time.
    It is really simple when you actually do it.
    There is the ratchet handle and a 1 way locking mechanism that you have to work with your other hand, alternating from one hand to the other when backing it down.
    I have a Ratchet Lok press and really enjoy using it.
    New Breed Archery-Genetix 28.5"/ 60lbs & 365gr. = 285 FPS
    New Breed Archery- Eclipse 65/28.5" & 370gr. = 291 FPS
    Bowtech- 82nd Airborne 28.5"/ 60lbs. & 325gr. = 327 FPS
    Strother Archery- SR-71 28.5"/65lbs. & 370gr. = 303 FPS

Thanks for the picturs. TTT

TTT any questions, Im selling these like hot cakes on Arcerytalk and Ebay seems to be slow on this site. I know you guys work on your bows when you go to 3D shoots . you can put your whole press in your glove box.
    Thanks, Mike