You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I did it!!

Default I did it!!

I went tonight and shot my new Mathews XT for the first time . WOW! I cannot wait until it is all set up and in my hands again. He said I should be able to start shooting it saturday. But he has to order a new cam for my DL. So he will just put a string loop on for now, until the cam comes in. I cannot believe the difference, the XT makes my Alpine feel like a rough ride. I feel like a little kid at Christmas time
    I am posting this in the Smack Down section cuz when I get my XT...let the games begin . The real shooten starts and you will be the ones baking cobbler and cookies for me!

You dark - sider!!!

Carbon Matrix

Certified NASP Instructor

lol !! nope !! you'll still be cooking. just w/ a nicer bow now! LOL
    I would like to thank all my sponsers:Alpine Archery Pro Staff, Tru-Ball Releases Staff , Hydronics Archery Pro Staff,Victory Arrows Staff, Bohning Archery , Vibra-Check , TP Scope Lenses Pro Staff, Mossy Oak Pro Staff....
    RANGER BOW STRINGS

in Dixie Home of the Brave and land of the Free

Quote Originally Posted by djkillaz View Post
    lol !! nope !! you'll still be cooking. just w/ a nicer bow now! LOL
    Now that wuz a very nice way to put that DJ>

Why you are becomin a Gentleman>

I do totally agree with it as well. HS

Switchback xt BYC LOOP- SHOOT NOW56# 385gr 2312 Eclipse 100gr Muzzy 256fps SEPTER RANGER STRINGS, 4th axis,335 jammers @ 61# =285 fps

Congrats on the XT. That's a great choice and a great shooter.
    Chris Christenson - Admin
    3DShoots.com - Find Archery Shoots near you
    ObsessionArchery.com - Archery Supplies

Quote Originally Posted by Holy Smokes View Post
    Now that wuz a very nice way to put that DJ>

Why you are becomin a Gentleman>

I do totally agree with it as well. HS
    youll be crying when you guys are cooking and and she is still shooting...
    I cut things up and split them down!

Quote Originally Posted by BOWMAN View Post
    thanks Bowman

Yeah but my Princess tells me I am a good cook....Just make to big ofa mess in tha kitchen. Soooo..... with my score this round.....whats ya'lls order. If I can git a volunteer ta clean up and maybe you can serve it Mr Bowman.> HS

Switchback xt BYC LOOP- SHOOT NOW56# 385gr 2312 Eclipse 100gr Muzzy 256fps SEPTER RANGER STRINGS, 4th axis,335 jammers @ 61# =285 fps

Quote Originally Posted by Wheels3 View Post
    I went tonight and shot my new Mathews XT for the first time . WOW! I cannot wait until it is all set up and in my hands again. He said I should be able to start shooting it saturday. But he has to order a new cam for my DL. So he will just put a string loop on for now, until the cam comes in. I cannot believe the difference, the XT makes my Alpine feel like a rough ride. I feel like a little kid at Christmas time
    I am posting this in the Smack Down section cuz when I get my XT...let the games begin . The real shooten starts and you will be the ones baking cobbler and cookies for me!
    Oh Yeah! Grats on tha new XT Wheels, you gonna love it, love it, love it . Ya gonna love it> I set one up for hunting .They are a class act>

ALRIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CONGRATS Wheels nice bow of choice.

Looks like this (girl) is gettin serious here guys.

I may have to start shootin with at least one eye open.

"HONDA"

Oh nice going Wheels hehe those little boys think that we women won't pervail...well now you gots you a nice new bow and you will be topping them off into pine land very soon. In our league last night I bettered my score from last week by like 40pts so I'm working on it.
    FBSA Member and Concierge
    Hoyt UltraElite 25" 40#, Carter Fits Me Too, Shibuya Compound Sight & Black Eagle scope, TT Spring Steel I, Slingbraid Custom Bow Slings, Quick Stand Bowstand, Carbon Express Nano XR

Default It aint tha bow....

That makes the shooter... Its tha shooter that makes the bow folks!!! So as far as I am concerned I will take the cobbler from Wheels and lets see we can have Chello making the Green Bean Casserole LOL!!

Congrats on yer new bow Wheels... now get that form/technique on point and thats when the real shootin.. starts...

Had ta take a break for some good ole smack ya know.. I can only let you all go so long without any smack from me and I mean what.. its been like a few days... Work is got me beat.. I have 5 Hospitals I am working with coordinating complete network re-designs with all the bells and whistles... so please I know you guys miss me lots.. just didnt want y'all to go to long without hearing from me b'fore the tears start to fall!!! I mean after all some of us here do have to work for a living!!! I know that sux I mean we all cant have cake jobs like Dredly and Bowman! Or just able to stay home while the other half works.. ~Cough~ Wheels!!!

Laters,
    ~byte~
    Hoyt Magnatec Redline HO
    DW 65#
    DL 27"
    Toxonics 3 pin sight
    NAP Quicktune 3000
    26" Carbon Express Sidewinder 60's 324gr

"Bringing back the smack... one post at a time!!"

"You can lead, follow or just get the hell outta my way!!"

Quote Originally Posted by ByteMe View Post
    That makes the shooter... Its tha shooter that makes the bow folks!!! So as far as I am concerned I will take the cobbler from Wheels and lets see we can have Chello making the Green Bean Casserole LOL!!

Congrats on yer new bow Wheels... now get that form/technique on point and thats when the real shootin.. starts...

Had ta take a break for some good ole smack ya know.. I can only let you all go so long without any smack from me and I mean what.. its been like a few days... Work is got me beat.. I have 5 Hospitals I am working with coordinating complete network re-designs with all the bells and whistles... so please I know you guys miss me lots.. just didnt want y'all to go to long without hearing from me b'fore the tears start to fall!!! I mean after all some of us here do have to work for a living!!! I know that sux I mean we all cant have cake jobs like Dredly and Bowman! Or just able to stay home while the other half works.. ~Cough~ Wheels!!!

Laters,
    ~byte~

I agree that the bow does not make a difference to an extent.....but there are some bows that do shoot better than others for me

I agree that the bow does not make a difference to an extent.....but there are some bows that do shoot better than others for me
    I might have to agree with Bowman on this one, considering my situation. I think the alpine is too short A2A, too light for me, the stablizer was too short, the draw length was 1/2 inch too long, and the grip hurts my hand when I shoot too much. Oh, and let's not forget the cable issues . And even with all this, I still shoot OK. I have a feeling the XT is going to shoot a lot better for me, since it will actually fit ME

Quote Originally Posted by ByteMe View Post

Laters,
    ~byte~
    Yes but, if you find a bow that fits you better then you will shoot better.

"HONDA"

correct bh!!!!
    I would like to thank all my sponsers:Alpine Archery Pro Staff, Tru-Ball Releases Staff , Hydronics Archery Pro Staff,Victory Arrows Staff, Bohning Archery , Vibra-Check , TP Scope Lenses Pro Staff, Mossy Oak Pro Staff....
    RANGER BOW STRINGS

Quote Originally Posted by djkillaz View Post
    correct bh!!!!
    what do you know.....

Bowman, I think he is trying to catch you in post count, he sure has a lot of nothin to say

Quote Originally Posted by Wheels3 View Post
    Bowman, I think he is trying to catch you in post count, he sure has a lot of nothin to say
    I think she is a little jealous of your scores DJ.

"HONDA"

Default Which came first...

The Chicken or the egg...

Sure if you have a bow that fits you, of course you will shoot better but because your form/technique will be far more suitable for shooting correctly. Improperly fit bows lead to slacky technique/form which leads to bad shots. 95% of archery is form/technique. Which encompasses making sure that your bow is fit to you which helps promote an environment that assures your form/technique are on point. It all comes down to one word... Mechanics!! Understanding the mechanics makes it easy to apply to any bow that is fit to you. This is why its possible to shoot accurately even if cables are in the way. You should be able to shoot accurately even if the bow is not the top of the line bow.

SO THERE!!!
    Hoyt Magnatec Redline HO
    DW 65#
    DL 27"
    Toxonics 3 pin sight
    NAP Quicktune 3000
    26" Carbon Express Sidewinder 60's 324gr

"Bringing back the smack... one post at a time!!"

"You can lead, follow or just get the hell outta my way!!"