You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I did it!!

Quote Originally Posted by ByteMe View Post
    The Chicken or the egg...

Sure if you have a bow that fits you, of course you will shoot better but because your form/technique will be far more suitable for shooting correctly. Improperly fit bows lead to slacky technique/form which leads to bad shots. 95% of archery is form/technique. Which encompasses making sure that your bow is fit to you which helps promote an environment that assures your form/technique are on point. It all comes down to one word... Mechanics!! Understanding the mechanics makes it easy to apply to any bow that is fit to you. This is why its possible to shoot accurately even if cables are in the way. You should be able to shoot accurately even if the bow is not the top of the line bow.

SO THERE!!!
    So, there ya go, I was good with a crappy unfitted bow, just wait till I get warmed up with the XT

Quote Originally Posted by Wheels3 View Post
    So, there ya go, I was good with a crappy unfitted bow, just wait till I get warmed up with the XT
    thats a pretty strong statement.......
    I cut things up and split them down!

Quote Originally Posted by BOWMAN View Post
    thats a pretty strong statement.......
    I still am good Better?

The Chicken or the egg...

Sure if you have a bow that fits you, of course you will shoot better but because your form/technique will be far more suitable for shooting correctly. Improperly fit bows lead to slacky technique/form which leads to bad shots. 95% of archery is form/technique. Which encompasses making sure that your bow is fit to you which helps promote an environment that assures your form/technique are on point. It all comes down to one word... Mechanics!! Understanding the mechanics makes it easy to apply to any bow that is fit to you. This is why its possible to shoot accurately even if cables are in the way. You should be able to shoot accurately even if the bow is not the top of the line bow.

SO THERE!!!

But for those of us who do not nor neither will have perfect form then a forgiving bow will help us score better.

"HONDA"

Quote Originally Posted by BowhuntnHoosier View Post
    But for those of us who do not nor neither will have perfect form then a forgiving bow will help us score better.
    thank you.......there is now way some of us joes, could shoot a Mathews Black Max II as good as the same joe could shoot a Apex 7 or Switchback

thank you.......there is now way some of us joes, could shoot a Mathews Black Max II as good as the same joe could shoot a Apex 7 or Switchback
    Exactly very good comment.

"HONDA"

Default Is ANYTHING ever Perfect???

Quote Originally Posted by BowhuntnHoosier View Post
    Bow, its not about perfection. We as humans will never be perfect!! But you can get that form in check. Practice, practice, practice!!!! I have lots of tricks up my sleeve to help you y'all stay away from sloppy technique.

Y'all know that I have been shooting casually for like 8 years. All along I have been working on my technique, and even to this day.. I cant say its perfect although it gets better every day. As long as there is continuous improvement we are all on the right path. Thats what its about continuously improving from one day to the next, and never giving up. Dont stop because you think that something is as good as it gets.. keep striving for the best. I had to contrive some interesting methods to keep my practices focused on form/technique and not hitting the center of the target all the time. That will come.. Like my southern brotha says... those pins aint going anywhere!!

Thats my rant,
    ~Byte~
    Hoyt Magnatec Redline HO
    DW 65#
    DL 27"
    Toxonics 3 pin sight
    NAP Quicktune 3000
    26" Carbon Express Sidewinder 60's 324gr

"Bringing back the smack... one post at a time!!"

"You can lead, follow or just get the hell outta my way!!"

Default and...

Y'all thought I would go away!!! I am back now.. rarin' ta go!!!

So theres yer daily motivator for today...

Now get yer buts outta my way.. I got some shootin ta do.. I needs ta get my butt of this pine!!!

Laters,
    ~Byte~
    Hoyt Magnatec Redline HO
    DW 65#
    DL 27"
    Toxonics 3 pin sight
    NAP Quicktune 3000

Bow, its not about perfection. We as humans will never be perfect!! But you can get that form in check. Practice, practice, practice!!!! I have lots of tricks up my sleeve to help you y'all stay away from sloppy technique.

Y'all know that I have been shooting casually for like 8 years. All along I have been working on my technique, and even to this day.. I cant say its perfect although it gets better every day. As long as there is continuous improvement we are all on the right path. Thats what its about continuously improving from one day to the next, and never giving up. Dont stop because you think that something is as good as it gets.. keep striving for the best. I had to contrive some interesting methods to keep my practices focused on form/technique and not hitting the center of the target all the time. That will come.. Like my southern brotha says... those pins aint going anywhere!!

Thats my rant,
    ~Byte~

I agree that you should never be content with your form or shooting ability and you should always strive to be better. But changing equipment can improve your scoring sometimes.

Now I am sure that DJ could shoot a PSE Nova (nothing against PSE here not bashing) better than I could shoot a Mathews Apex 7. But I can shoot the A7 better.

"HONDA"

Thats my rant,
    ~Byte~
    so what if I already am the best.....

Default then...

so what if I already am the best.....
    Get dressed in that french maid outfit and gets ta servin us piney folk, pal!!! Oooh and this time FISHNETS BUDDY!!! Keep the stillettos, cept change to the hot red ones.. they work better for your figure!!!

WOW... to coin my friend Bowman, I am a fruit.. ~shakes head~
    Hoyt Magnatec Redline HO
    DW 65#
    DL 27"
    Toxonics 3 pin sight
    NAP Quicktune 3000

YOU! Get in my belly! two_shoes's Avatar

Pride goes before the...???

Congrats on a great bow. It will step up your game, confidence (like you need more) and lower your scores.

Good luck!
    "The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."
    -Thomas Jefferson

Eph. 2:8-10

in Dixie Home of the Brave and land of the Free

That makes the shooter... Its tha shooter that makes the bow folks!!! So as far as I am concerned I will take the cobbler from Wheels and lets see we can have Chello making the Green Bean Casserole LOL!!

Congrats on yer new bow Wheels... now get that form/technique on point and thats when the real shootin.. starts...

Had ta take a break for some good ole smack ya know.. I can only let you all go so long without any smack from me and I mean what.. its been like a few days... Work is got me beat.. I have 5 Hospitals I am working with coordinating complete network re-designs with all the bells and whistles... so please I know you guys miss me lots.. just didnt want y'all to go to long without hearing from me b'fore the tears start to fall!!! I mean after all some of us here do have to work for a living!!! I know that sux I mean we all cant have cake jobs like Dredly and Bowman! Or just able to stay home while the other half works.. ~Cough~ Wheels!!!

Laters,
    ~byte~

Whadaya mean stay at home and let the other 1/2 work... Ya could take her at work and go get her then you could be a real "go getter"

Switchback xt BYC LOOP- SHOOT NOW56# 385gr 2312 Eclipse 100gr Muzzy 256fps SEPTER RANGER STRINGS, 4th axis,335 jammers @ 61# =285 fps

That makes the shooter... Its tha shooter that makes the bow folks!!! So as far as I am concerned I will take the cobbler from Wheels and lets see we can have Chello making the Green Bean Casserole LOL!!

Congrats on yer new bow Wheels... now get that form/technique on point and thats when the real shootin.. starts...

Had ta take a break for some good ole smack ya know.. I can only let you all go so long without any smack from me and I mean what.. its been like a few days... Work is got me beat.. I have 5 Hospitals I am working with coordinating complete network re-designs with all the bells and whistles... so please I know you guys miss me lots.. just didnt want y'all to go to long without hearing from me b'fore the tears start to fall!!! I mean after all some of us here do have to work for a living!!! I know that sux I mean we all cant have cake jobs like Dredly and Bowman! Or just able to stay home while the other half works.. ~Cough~ Wheels!!!
    Laters,
    ~byte~
    Hey now, I probly work harder than any of you, just being a mom/housewife

Hey now, I probly work harder than any of you, just being a mom/housewife
    That is hard work!!!
    I would like to thank all my sponsers:Alpine Archery Pro Staff, Tru-Ball Releases Staff , Hydronics Archery Pro Staff,Victory Arrows Staff, Bohning Archery , Vibra-Check , TP Scope Lenses Pro Staff, Mossy Oak Pro Staff....
    RANGER BOW STRINGS

I think there is a song about that????

Default Its all good...

Work that it is.. My wife has her days too.. So I respect the Home-makers of the world.. Without them.. I wouldnt be able to get out to work on sendin y'all to the pine!!!!!

You know I have'ta trash talk but I do respect y'all!

~Byte~
    Hoyt Magnatec Redline HO
    DW 65#
    DL 27"
    Toxonics 3 pin sight
    NAP Quicktune 3000