You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.

Thread: 3d Targets

Default 3d Targets

I am looking to buy some 3d targets and was hoping to get some help on which brand and target would be the best for my money. I have shot the glendel buck but after a while the arrows were almost passing through. I know McKenzie is a big name I just have never shot them, and I know there is others I just want quality. I appreciate the help.

Quote Originally Posted by MdBowhunter View Post
    I am looking to buy some 3d targets and was hoping to get some help on which brand and target would be the best for my money. I have shot the glendel buck but after a while the arrows were almost passing through. I know McKenzie is a big name I just have never shot them, and I know there is others I just want quality. I appreciate the help.
    well right know i am not extremely happy w/Mckenzie but they are a great looking target.....you pay a little more for the ugly Rhienharts but they are also a quality target.....avoid delta....and now that delta ownes Mckenzie....I would avoid them for a while.....
    I cut things up and split them down!

Quote Originally Posted by BOWMAN View Post
    well right know i am not extremely happy w/Mckenzie but they are a great looking target.....you pay a little more for the ugly Rhienharts but they are also a quality target.....avoid delta....and now that delta ownes Mckenzie....I would avoid them for a while.....
    If you can afford Rhinehart they will last the longest in my opinion...But McKenzie makes a good target also that will last a long time in the backyard...

Default target's

Quote Originally Posted by MdBowhunter View Post
    all ive got is mckenzie/hd except for a turkey
    ive never shot reinheart bet ive heard they only hold up as good as the standard mckenzie so i would pay a little more and get the high density mckenzie.stay away from standard delta wont last no time if you shoot alot.
    i payed $147.00 mckenzie/hd large deer i have 3.1/hd-bear.
    kbohunt

Bows,07PSE,MOJO-3D,05Flash
    Arrows..beman ICS hunter
    SURE-LOCK sights..Extreme scopes..TT rest
    FBSA-MEMBER
    Wheely Custom Quivers & Poston Stab's..Made in The U.S.A

my club brought some R&W 3D targets 3 years ago that are holding up good. in fact we bought 6 more this past week. phone no. is 828-626-2600. are you can go to R&W targets were they have a catalog.

Quote Originally Posted by longcut36 View Post
    my club brought some R&W 3D targets 3 years ago that are holding up good. in fact we bought 6 more this past week. phone no. is 828-626-2600. are you can go to R&W targets were they have a catalog.
    how many different targets do they offer???
    I cut things up and split them down!

Quote Originally Posted by BOWMAN View Post
    how many different targets do they offer???
    Here's the link....
    http://www.randwtargets.com/index.html

my vote is for the rhienharts.

It all comes down to "How much you are willing to spend?" and what you are going to use it for?

Mckenzies and Rineharts are top of the line and both hold up well. @ $200 + for a deer target, it may be worth the money to invest in one depending on what you are going to use it for. Rineharts look like cartoons, while McKenzie targets have a more realistic look to them.

R&W and Hinton are unknown names in the target world, but hold just fine at a cheaper cost of the big guys.(http://www.randwtargets.com/index.html) (http://www.hintontargets.com/)

Delta's / Cabela’s targets are not very well made, but have cheap replacement vitals. You will blow threw them in no time, and replace vitals 2-3 times a year. (Targets under $100 and vital around $30)

I personally have a Cabela deer in my yard that I use for hunting season to shoot braodheads into and leave it out for the real bucks to beat up.

Unless you are looking for setting up a small practice range in your yard to go pro, I would say save your money... go cheap and utilize your local 3D shoots. This way you spend $10 to shoot at a club, you will be able to shoot 30 different targets every week and not worry about target maintenance.