You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.

Thread: Extreme Sights

Default Extreme Sights

Does anyone have any experience with sights from Extreme? Apparently Cobra is waiting on pins from their supplier (I called Cobra to verify) and I am litterally climbing the walls to shoot my set up. Any help will be greatly appreciated!!!!!!!!!!!

Bill

Quote Originally Posted by bill10418 View Post
    Does anyone have any experience with sights from Extreme? Apparently Cobra is waiting on pins from their supplier (I called Cobra to verify) and I am litterally climbing the walls to shoot my set up. Any help will be greatly appreciated!!!!!!!!!!!

Bill
    I should have added that I am looking at the RT900 series sights, but any other sights that they offer will suffice.

I just put an RT900 on my Ross bow and so far I am very impressed. The sight is light, but very srong and the pins are very bright.

Thanks for the help.....Does anyone else have any information???? How about the difference between the Cobra Sidewinder series and the Extreme RT 900 Series?

I use a viper sight, I think it's a predator hunter. Viper and extreme sights are about identical. I love my viper. It seems pretty tough and the 0.19 pins I am using are super bright.

Carbon Matrix

Certified NASP Instructor

I use Etreme's scopes and they are top notch.....
    I cut things up and split them down!

I've got an Extreme RT900 on my Black Ice, and another on one of my Allegiances... I've got Spot Hoggs on my other bows.

Pros:

Very durable yet lightweight. Much more solid and harder-constructed metal of similiarly priced Copper John sights that allowed the pins to "wallow" out the track, making it difficult to adjust.

Extremely bright with the length of the fibers running all the way through the extension bar; there's no need to buy the sight light, but it's a nice feature just to have the threaded hole already tapped in case you did.

Cons:

Hard to loosen the locking screws which hold the pins in tight and move them just a hair. I've found that when I do loosen that screw, it moves my pin and I sorta have to guess where I was and where I need to be going. You can eventually get lucky and get it exactly where you want the pin to be tightened down... but it's a bit of trial and error and takes way more time than say, my Spot Hoggs with their worm drive adjustability.

All in all, though, for the money, it's a great sight. Once you get the pins where you want them, you never have to worry about it. And I like the fiber optics running through the bar to keep them protected. I've got two so far, and may end up getting one more for a Guardian I haven't set up yet.

yeah! thats about the only negative thing I'd say about extreme sights. Tthey are hard to access the set screws. I recently removed them on a 5 pin. to replace the fiber w/ fitz fiber and to make the fiber longer for Larry Popa light. and had a heck of a time getting the pins back in and tightend down!! other than that. they are very good...
    I would like to thank all my sponsers:Alpine Archery Pro Staff, Tru-Ball Releases Staff , Hydronics Archery Pro Staff,Victory Arrows Staff, Bohning Archery , Vibra-Check , TP Scope Lenses Pro Staff, Mossy Oak Pro Staff....
    RANGER BOW STRINGS

Talking

Thanks for all the replies. I am finally going back up to Silver City NM to pick up my sights that have finally came in. The reason that it took so long was that I am the only person in my right mind. I originall had the shop owner order in a Cobra Sidewinder, but at that time, they were having problems with the sight pins. So then I ordered the Extreme RT 900. I have not even sent an arrow down range as of yet!!!!!! And I have had most of my set-up since Feb!!!!!!!!!

TIME TO MAKE UP FOR LOST TIME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That's great you can finally start shootin'...
    Post a pic or 2 of the new sight and let us know what you think of it...We're always interested in a product review...

WWWWWWWWWOOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWWWWIIIIIIIIEEEEEEEEEE E!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

After the 6th shot, I I took the fletching off an arrow at 20 yards. The shop owner replaced it for free. I put the set-up away so I drive back home and shoot some more here. My arms and shoulders hurt like all get out.

As far as posting a pic, I'll try and see what happens.

I AM NOW ADDICTED!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That's great...congrats...new stuff is always good...

Here goes with the revised pics
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Mathews SwitchBack XT
    29"
    60# Draw
    Extreme RT900 w/additional pin
    Trophy Taker Rest

http://www.3dshoots.com/forums/index.php?referrerid=2124

sweet looking setup there bud, them critters dont stand a chance......
    I cut things up and split them down!