You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.

Thread: Plug and Pellet

Default Plug and Pellet

I saw a few guys from this site at Plug and Pellet for the 3d this weekend. How did everyone shoot? I shot decent. I thought it was set up nicely, but challenging. Some longer shots on some smaller targets. I liked the hilly terrain they have there.

Quote Originally Posted by sharpspur View Post
    I saw a few guys from this site at Plug and Pellet for the 3d this weekend. How did everyone shoot? I shot decent. I thought it was set up nicely, but challenging. Some longer shots on some smaller targets. I liked the hilly terrain they have there.
    where is the location???
    I cut things up and split them down!

Not good 263 was my score. Still getting used to my new vectrix. This thing is fast and with my fixed pins I wasn't quite sure where to hold for the inbetween shots. And there were a lot between 30 and 40. I am going to go with a moveable sight just need to get it sighted in. No lense just single pin. Will see if this helps the scores at all. Bowman, it's in Rockford IL, and it's probably the toughest courses around here.

Carbon Matrix

Certified NASP Instructor

clover,
    I found the same thing with my vectrix XL. My 65lbs. is throwing a 367 gr fatboy at 300-302. Shot it like crap a week a go at the mac qualifier. Spent saturday changing my pins and resighting the the hogg it. I went from 10 yard increments (20-30-40-50) to mixed yardage (20, 27, 35, 42, and a 47). It really seemed to help. The last two targets screwed with me a bit. I hate those darn tunnel shots. Lots of longer shots on smaller targets. First time I ever shot there, it was a tough course.
    Last edited by sharpspur; 03-26-2007 at 10:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by sharpspur View Post
    clover,
    I found the same thing with my vectrix XL. My 65lbs. is throwing a 367 gr fatboy at 300-302. Shot it like crap a week a go at the mac qualifier. Spent saturday changing my pins and resighting the the hogg it. I went from 10 yard increments (20-30-40-50) to mixed yardage (20, 27, 35, 42, and a 47). It really seemed to help. The last two targets screwed with me a bit. I hate those darn tunnel shots. Lots of longer shots on smaller targets. First time I ever shot there, it was a tough course.

it was a tuff course....was your comment......

now my question is will you go back there???

I only ask because I run a club and often wonder if guys want all chip shots or if they want tuff stuff???

Yes, I would definately go back and shoot there again. I shoot 3d for the fun and satisfaction of trying to do my best. I'm probably not ever going to win a tourny, unless the stars, sun, moon are all aligned on the 8th tuesday of the month. I shoot them to do the best I can do. Tough courses make a person a better shooter.

Quote Originally Posted by BOWMAN View Post
    it was a tuff course....was your comment......

now my question is will you go back there???

I only ask because I run a club and often wonder if guys want all chip shots or if they want tuff stuff???

Yes, I will go back there for a long time. We've shot this course for awhile and we love it. You won't get any better if all you shoot are easy courses. This course is not impossible but it is very challenging. I always laugh when people complain about how tough a course is. Doesn't everybody shoot the same course? If they think it is too tough for them personally they should probably move up a stake or two until they feel more comfortable with the longer shots.

Carbon Matrix

Quote Originally Posted by Clover & Oats View Post
    Yes, I will go back there for a long time. We've shot this course for awhile and we love it. You won't get any better if all you shoot are easy courses. This course is not impossible but it is very challenging. I always laugh when people complain about how tough a course is. Doesn't everybody shoot the same course? If they think it is too tough for them personally they should probably move up a stake or two until they feel more comfortable with the longer shots.
    so mixing up the distances like we have been is the way to go.....

so mixing up the distances like we have been is the way to go.....
    Keep em challenging and keep people flustered. If people complain you're doing a good job, but don't make it impossible for them bowman.

Carbon Matrix

so 100 yrds on a racoon is too far????

so 100 yrds on a racoon is too far????
    Not if you have some alien type of raccoon that is like 10 feet tall.

Carbon Matrix