You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by djkillaz View Post
    No prob buddy!! Cup is filled !! for this week !! Good news all .... WAHOOOO !!! my strings came in today. And a special thanks for my buds at Vapor Trail on getting them made up for me and sent out FAST...
    Now I can get back to sitting my peeps on the pine. !!! And be on top once again!!!!
    Good shooting hoagie!!!! But its all over but the crying!!!! LOOL
    Thanks for the refill buddy.

Congrats on the new strings. I hear Vapor Trail strings are great.

"HONDA"

Default My Vote...

I think we stay the course. I love this the way it is. It totally rawks.. It helps me set goals and get ready for the big NFAA shoots when I am ready to enter one.

I like 3d's however, it seems that most of you all have tourneys happening all over the place on the weekends. Unfortunately for me I dont have that luxury. If we moved to a more 3d style I would have to bow out because there is just not much of that around where I live. Most of the archerers here compete in NFAA sanctioned events and shoot spots. I love spots.

I dont want to change maybe we could mix things up with the way we score or use different paper targets.

My vote: Keep things the way they are with some mix up NO to 3d's as I do not have access. Sorry Wheels.. just get used to the spots!! LOL
    Hoyt Magnatec Redline HO
    DW 65#
    DL 27"
    Toxonics 3 pin sight
    NAP Quicktune 3000
    26" Carbon Express Sidewinder 60's 324gr

"Bringing back the smack... one post at a time!!"

"You can lead, follow or just get the hell outta my way!!"

Default One More Thing...

Congrats to Hoagie!!!

Redneck Girl you did real good keep it up nice to see a woman up here every now and then... Of course congrats to me coz cuz is smokin!!

Also congrats to you all its nice to shoot with y'all you make this a reall competitive competition.

DJ, hows that pine feelin?
    Hoyt Magnatec Redline HO
    DW 65#
    DL 27"
    Toxonics 3 pin sight
    NAP Quicktune 3000
    26" Carbon Express Sidewinder 60's 324gr

"Bringing back the smack... one post at a time!!"

"You can lead, follow or just get the hell outta my way!!"

Quote Originally Posted by ByteMe View Post
    I think we stay the course. I love this the way it is. It totally rawks.. It helps me set goals and get ready for the big NFAA shoots when I am ready to enter one.

I like 3d's however, it seems that most of you all have tourneys happening all over the place on the weekends. Unfortunately for me I dont have that luxury. If we moved to a more 3d style I would have to bow out because there is just not much of that around where I live. Most of the archerers here compete in NFAA sanctioned events and shoot spots. I love spots.

I dont want to change maybe we could mix things up with the way we score or use different paper targets.

My vote: Keep things the way they are with some mix up NO to 3d's as I do not have access. Sorry Wheels.. just get used to the spots!! LOL

I dont havea problem leavingit the wayit was...I just thought that w/the low attendance that maybe people were bored

I like doing it this way...all though unless someone else wants to take over sitting everyone down on modays....you guys are going to have to wait until I get out of work on Monday nights....before to long I will be very busy at work and not able to visit durring the day.......
    I cut things up and split them down!

Quote Originally Posted by BOWMAN View Post
    I dont havea problem leavingit the wayit was...I just thought that w/the low attendance that maybe people were bored

I like doing it this way...all though unless someone else wants to take over sitting everyone down on modays....you guys are going to have to wait until I get out of work on Monday nights....before to long I will be very busy at work and not able to visit durring the day.......
    I do not get a chance to shoot 3D either and spots works for me. I can wait til monday night when you can find time in your busy schedule.

"HONDA"

Congrats Hoagie...

I think we should leave the format alone...Bowman, You and I have alot of 3d access but I think the 5 spot thing is easier for the masses...also it's fixed yardage so it an even field...

Quote Originally Posted by brokenarrow View Post
    Congrats Hoagie...

I think we should leave the format alone...Bowman, You and I have alot of 3d access but I think the 5 spot thing is easier for the masses...also it's fixed yardage so it an even field...
    cool cool.....I am following.....

Sounds good to me, I suck at spots so I better use it to improve

Quote Originally Posted by Wheels3 View Post
    Sounds good to me, I suck at spots so I better use it to improve
    improve or die trying

at least the spots will help w/ 3d I guess!!! My spot bow is officially put up till winter..
    I would like to thank all my sponsers:Alpine Archery Pro Staff, Tru-Ball Releases Staff , Hydronics Archery Pro Staff,Victory Arrows Staff, Bohning Archery , Vibra-Check , TP Scope Lenses Pro Staff, Mossy Oak Pro Staff....
    RANGER BOW STRINGS

improve or die trying
    Yep thats me.

"HONDA"

Site Guru

What about a little "handicap"?

How about something cool... like if you shot 50 points or more below the leader (so if you shot a 250 or less basically) then the next week you shoot 7 rounds instead of 6 and drop the low round.

If you shot 75 points off the leader the week before then you shoot 7 and keep all 7.

Basically it would give people who typically aren't in the top runnings to catch up a bit...

thoughts?
    No I'm not dead

the indoor league I shoot in has aprogram that hanycaps the shooters and puts them into teams.....maybe i can get the program and put it in my computer??? anybody know of a program??? hey dredly your the comp wiz,you and two shoes right???

the indoor league I shoot in has aprogram that hanycaps the shooters and puts them into teams.....maybe i can get the program and put it in my computer??? anybody know of a program??? hey dredly your the comp wiz,you and two shoes right???
    yes, I know the program !! We use it in our spot and 3d league. I'll see if I can get a copy and send it to ya!!!
    I would like to thank all my sponsers:Alpine Archery Pro Staff, Tru-Ball Releases Staff , Hydronics Archery Pro Staff,Victory Arrows Staff, Bohning Archery , Vibra-Check , TP Scope Lenses Pro Staff, Mossy Oak Pro Staff....
    RANGER BOW STRINGS

Now that handicap idea makes me smile I try my hardest but I'm still a pretty newbie at all this even though I'm improving week after week but yes that would give us non sharp shooters a better chance. I do have to stop tweeking my sight every week cause then it takes me like 40 min or so to get things back in order LOL.
    FBSA Member and Concierge
    Hoyt UltraElite 25" 40#, Carter Fits Me Too, Shibuya Compound Sight & Black Eagle scope, TT Spring Steel I, Slingbraid Custom Bow Slings, Quick Stand Bowstand, Carbon Express Nano XR

YOU! Get in my belly! two_shoes's Avatar

What the........ Not a comp wiz... more like Cheese Whiz. I'm a control systems/turbine/intrumentation geek. I could come up with an Excel spreadsheet that would average scores and then give 80% of the difference for a handicap.... I think
    Last edited by two_shoes; 04-05-2007 at 12:42 AM.
    "The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."
    -Thomas Jefferson

Eph. 2:8-10

Quote Originally Posted by chelleo View Post
    Now that handicap idea makes me smile I try my hardest but I'm still a pretty newbie at all this even though I'm improving week after week but yes that would give us non sharp shooters a better chance. I do have to stop tweeking my sight every week cause then it takes me like 40 min or so to get things back in order LOL.
    I was having that same problem... it was an inconsistant grip.
    I understand how that feels...... I'm getting better now.
    "The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."
    -Thomas Jefferson

Wink Handicaper?

Humbly submitted for your perusal.
    So here is an Excel spreadsheet that all you do is plug in the weeks scores (yellow section) and it will give you total average, points per round given @ 80% handicap and what the total overall would look like. Right now it requires 3 weeks scores. I can change it and the percent given to 90% but 80% seems good....... Let me know what you think.
    p.s. The lines don't show up in the .PDF, they are there in the .xls...... BOWMAN, PM me with your email address so I can send it to you or just send me some data for a trial run and I can post up something.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    -Thomas Jefferson

Site Guru

Quote Originally Posted by two_shoes View Post
    Humbly submitted for your perusal.
    So here is an Excel spreadsheet that all you do is plug in the weeks scores (yellow section) and it will give you total average, points per round given @ 80% handicap and what the total overall would look like. Right now it requires 3 weeks scores. I can change it and the percent given to 90% but 80% seems good....... Let me know what you think.
    p.s. The lines don't show up in the .PDF, they are there in the .xls...... BOWMAN, PM me with your email address so I can send it to you or just send me some data for a trial run and I can post up something.
    good work dude... and I didn't have to do it so i think its perfect! (I'm an Analyst... I learned long ago to praise others and sit on my butt doing nothing )

Are we going to a team based thing now? What about multiple teams w/ a handicap?

The only reason I ask is if one team has 10 shooters who all shoot and the other team has 5 there is no fun in it.

If every team has 4 shooters in it and we drop the low score so each team turns in their best 3 scores then one person can not shoot if personal stuff gets in the way.

I don't want to say thats the ultimate solution as it may turn some people off from shooting if their scores get dropped but....
    No I'm not dead

Quote Originally Posted by Dredly View Post
    good work dude... and I didn't have to do it so i think its perfect! (I'm an Analyst... I learned long ago to praise others and sit on my butt doing nothing )
    Thanks! It can be changed up to match the needs of the league. I wouldn't mind continueing on with the paper through the summer......
    -Thomas Jefferson