You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Quick Spin Vanes

I'm brand new to the forum. I've got a Mathews Switchback 74lbs. I shoot Innerlock 100 grains with regular helical vanes. I have heard a lot about the Quick Spin Vanes. I have good groups now but I'm looking for some feed back on the Quick Spins. Also what about the Maxima shafts. Thanks for any insight you can privide.

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog1 View Post
    I'm brand new to the forum. I've got a Mathews Switchback 74lbs. I shoot Innerlock 100 grains with regular helical vanes. I have heard a lot about the Quick Spin Vanes. I have good groups now but I'm looking for some feed back on the Quick Spins. Also what about the Maxima shafts. Thanks for any insight you can privide.
    Maximas awsome......

quikspins awsome.....not as durable as some other vanes....

What Rest are you using???
    I cut things up and split them down!

I use quickspins for everything. Arrows fly great with them. I have not had any troubles with their durability. JMO

Carbon Matrix

Certified NASP Instructor

I use them on my spot arrows and my 3d arrows, likem lots!! havent used them for hunting yet, due to theirs not anything wrong with the vanes on my huntin arrows other wise i would.

I use the Matthews Drop Away rest. Will that work fine with the Maximas and the Quick spins. What length quick spins would be best for broadheads? Will nocks really matter? Thought about those luminocks. Thanks a lot for responding.

I use the Matthews Drop Away rest. Will that work fine with the Maximas and the Quick spins. What length quick spins would be best for broadheads? Will nocks really matter? Thought about those luminocks. Thanks a lot for responding.
    Well in theory the bigger the vanes the better flight you should get with broadheads. I use the 2 &1/4 quick spin vanes for hunting and 3d. I could be wrong on the length, they're the 2 and whatever length. It will depend how well your bow is tuned, what type of broadhead you're using and how fast you are shooting. I started shooting the rage expandables this past year and had no troubles at all with arrow flight. Except for that darn tree branch, but that's a whole new thread.

Carbon Matrix

should work fine.....

i like the new 3.125" quikspins for braodheads....light weight and more than enough spin to stabilize a fixed broadhead,....

Wink

I shoot Innerlocks 100 grains at 74 pounds. I think about 275, its been a while since I ran it thru a chrony. I would definitely set it up for hunting and shoot 3d when I can. Its been a couple years since I shot a 3D tourney. Time can be an issue so I lean toward the best set up for Hunting and go with what I have with 3D. Thanks guys.

Default My thoughts..

Search the forum for the field test I did where I compared quickspins vs blazers.

I was very excited about quickspins and in fact everyone here was very helpful with comments. However, after shooting them I was really not impressed one thing that was my biggest issue was the lack of durability and it was proven as I shot 2 rounds of 3 arrows and my groups were so tight that while shooting the 2 round I ripped a vane off due to how tight my groups were.

Now if you do not group your arrows then of course it would not be an issue. I have since moved over to the 2inch Blazers and have found that I shoot the same tight groups whether with quickspins or blazers. Also, they do just as well with my broad heads.

Thats just my two cents.
    Hoyt Magnatec Redline HO
    DW 65#
    DL 27"
    Toxonics 3 pin sight
    NAP Quicktune 3000
    26" Carbon Express Sidewinder 60's 324gr

"Bringing back the smack... one post at a time!!"

"You can lead, follow or just get the hell outta my way!!"

ripping a vane off an arrow is not a vane durability issue, its a bond issue.

Default Normally..

I would agree with you. As you would be correct.

However, in this situation the vane ripping was in fact due to the tight group as I and 3 others watched it happen. One of the spectators being the tech that fletched the arrows for me. I assure you this was not a bond issue.

Also, if you take a QS vane and hold it in your hand compared to a blazer. Manipulate the blazer you will see how they snap back into place even if you are rough. However, when you do that to a QS vane it will easily get outta shape and the rougher you are with it the worse it gets.

In my situation the vane actually ripped not only did it rip off but it tore.
    Hoyt Magnatec Redline HO
    DW 65#
    DL 27"
    Toxonics 3 pin sight
    NAP Quicktune 3000
    26" Carbon Express Sidewinder 60's 324gr

"Bringing back the smack... one post at a time!!"

"You can lead, follow or just get the hell outta my way!!"

as for luminocks go with firenocks they are magnetically turned on no more pulling the nock out of the shaft plus they light alot better i for the price about 50 bucks for three full sets they are well worth it
    hoyt ultratec
    29" 63#
    Carbon express 380gr
    trophy taker drop away
    nap 7" stab.
    viper 5pin hunter sight

Default fletching

im shooting around 290fps with my 380 gr arrows which are 261/2 long with 125 gr tips what do you guys think would be the best all around vane for me to use. thanks for any advise
    hoyt ultratec
    29" 63#
    Carbon express 380gr
    trophy taker drop away
    nap 7" stab.
    viper 5pin hunter sight

Quote Originally Posted by medlife04 View Post
    im shooting around 290fps with my 380 gr arrows which are 261/2 long with 125 gr tips what do you guys think would be the best all around vane for me to use. thanks for any advise
    I like the blazers much more they are more durable, lighter, and very accurate. But do a test yourself like 3 with blazers and 3 with QS then compare and see what you think.

"HONDA"

I got the new quick spin hunters. they are a little more rigid material. I like them better than the regular quick spins. I dont have an issue's w/ wrinkles any more!
    I would like to thank all my sponsers:Alpine Archery Pro Staff, Tru-Ball Releases Staff , Hydronics Archery Pro Staff,Victory Arrows Staff, Bohning Archery , Vibra-Check , TP Scope Lenses Pro Staff, Mossy Oak Pro Staff....
    RANGER BOW STRINGS

Quote Originally Posted by Pinwheel1969 View Post
    I got the new quick spin hunters. they are a little more rigid material. I like them better than the regular quick spins. I dont have an issue's w/ wrinkles any more!
    no issues w/wrinkles, even w/the dollar bills in your pocket.....

oh thats right, you bought QS hunters, you dont have any money left in your pockets.....

Quote Originally Posted by BOWMAN View Post
    no issues w/wrinkles, even w/the dollar bills in your pocket.....

oh thats right, you bought QS hunters, you dont have any money left in your pockets.....
    did I just feel you try to burn me!! LOL
    I had an arrow pass through a target w/ it not all wrinkled up.
    They arent that expensive!!!
    I would like to thank all my sponsers:Alpine Archery Pro Staff, Tru-Ball Releases Staff , Hydronics Archery Pro Staff,Victory Arrows Staff, Bohning Archery , Vibra-Check , TP Scope Lenses Pro Staff, Mossy Oak Pro Staff....
    RANGER BOW STRINGS

Quote Originally Posted by Pinwheel1969 View Post
    did I just feel you try to burn me!! LOL
    I had an arrow pass through a target w/ it not all wrinkled up.
    They arent that expensive!!!
    yeah your right $1 each isnt that bad......

I've use quickspins for the last two years, I use 3d shoots to keep myself in shape for hunting season. I'm really considering having my arrows re-flectched with blazers this year. I've test them and I think they offer more durability, as much control with a fixed blade, and cost!!! I'm shooting a Mathews Quest 2XL, 70lbs Draw, trophy taker drop away, and NAP 100 Grain Thunderheads.

I've have also considered staying with the quickspins and switching to a mechanical like a spitfire or rage slip cam. Is it really true mechanicals fly like a field point?? I believe proper bow tuning and setup is every bit as important the arrow and broad head you shoot when it comes to arrow flight. IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by TreeNinja78 View Post
    I've use quickspins for the last two years, I use 3d shoots to keep myself in shape for hunting season. I'm really considering having my arrows re-flectched with blazers this year. I've test them and I think they offer more durability, as much control with a fixed blade, and cost!!! I'm shooting a Mathews Quest 2XL, 70lbs Draw, trophy taker drop away, and NAP 100 Grain Thunderheads.

I've have also considered staying with the quickspins and switching to a mechanical like a spitfire or rage slip cam. Is it really true mechanicals fly like a field point?? I believe proper bow tuning and setup is every bit as important the arrow and broad head you shoot when it comes to arrow flight. IMO.

Yeah the higher quality mechanicals will fly exactly like field points. You can't go wrong with the two mechanicals you want to try. I just tried both of them last year. They both worked awesome, but I think the rage left a little bigger holes. I will be using the rages for a long time.

Carbon Matrix