You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    YOU! Get in my belly! two_shoes's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dredly View Post
    yeah the guy has a point...

wait... are you a pro? Didn't we make a no pro rule for our weekly shoot!?!? (If I keep pushin I'll be able to shoot a 280 and win every week as long as I get everyone above me DQ'ed hehehe)
    .... just a "Joe" not a "Pro" far from it.
    "The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."
    -Thomas Jefferson

Eph. 2:8-10

I thought that was Bowtecher's opinion to say they are the ambassador of our sport? You are probably right with your opinion as well, I hope that you were referring to Bowhuntinhoosier asking him to spell it out for him as your "anonimity" because that looks like the only post on this thread where someone might have to man up if they were face to face.
    SAVE A BUCK--SHOOT AN OUTFITTER

Quote Originally Posted by two_shoes View Post
    I disagree with this statement to some extent. We (& some select Pros) are the ambassadors of our sport. Don't get me wrong, I know Mathews has programs like NASP, bows for our troops and such as well as Bowtech, (in fact, a kid there was fletching arrows to be sent with bows for our troops while I was there at the factory proshop) but who does "Joe Public" see at the ranges & out in the woods? I have yet to see an archery company run as a "not for profit" entity. I appreciate what a few have given back to the community.
    We again have where someones opinions have struck a nerve and with the anonimity of the internet people go typing what they'd never say to your face.

-Judson Knowles
    Not sure where you were going with the whole "anonimity" part... you kind of lost me.

But there again you said you were "Joe", but your name is Judson?

Quote Originally Posted by "SIN"ERGY View Post
    I thought that was Bowtecher's opinion to say they are the ambassador of our sport? You are probably right with your opinion as well, I hope that you were referring to Bowhuntinhoosier asking him to spell it out for him as your "anonimity" because that looks like the only post on this thread where someone might have to man up if they were face to face.
    Hey "SIN"ERGY, (not a rude Hey either, a friendly Hey)

I wasn't calling anyone out in this thread. I wasn't spelling it out for BHH either. I was just making a general statement about how easily "bashing" gets started and why it is so pervase on the net in public forums.
    I've experienced where someone can get real "lippy" with you on the phone, but when you are there face to face, they tend to mellow out. There are only a few people I've met that thrive on confrontation, face to face. (they are out there)
    The internet allows a barrier or buffer that we can hide behind or put up a false "tough guy/gal" front with no one to call us on it.
    Not that my opinion matters, I was typing out loud.
    "The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."
    -Thomas Jefferson

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by Jay Are View Post

Not sure where you were going with the whole "anonimity" part... you kind of lost me.

I'm not suffering from mutliple personalities, we enjoy every minute of it!
    -Thomas Jefferson

I agree

Wink

I hope post #24 clears up what my thoughts were with the "anonimity"
    I'd type slower, but I don't think it'd help!
    -Thomas Jefferson

I hope post #24 clears up what my thoughts were with the "anonimity"
    I'd type slower, but I don't think it'd help!
    I think I got it now.... but any trash talking I do here, I will do in person. But the problem is that I can't back it up with my scores!!!!!

Hey "SIN"ERGY, (not a rude Hey either, a friendly Hey)

I wasn't calling anyone out in this thread. I wasn't spelling it out for BHH either. I was just making a general statement about how easily "bashing" gets started and why it is so pervase on the net in public forums.
    I've experienced where someone can get real "lippy" with you on the phone, but when you are there face to face, they tend to mellow out. There are only a few people I've met that thrive on confrontation, face to face. (they are out there)
    The internet allows a barrier or buffer that we can hide behind or put up a false "tough guy/gal" front with no one to call us on it.
    Not that my opinion matters, I was typing out loud.

brokenarrow calls me out on my tuff guy attitude all the time.....
    I cut things up and split them down!

I think I got it now.... but any trash talking I do here, I will do in person. But the problem is that I can't back it up with my scores!!!!!
    I'm ashamed to even post mine.....
    But the trash talk is in good fun..... as it should be. I would hope that Dredly or BOWMAN or anyone would know that my comments are made in fun, I'm not out to hurt anyone, there are plenty of other things in the world for that. If I were to have a beef, I'd PM the individual.... and I'd hope they'd do the same with me. (that reminds me.... BOWMAN! j/k )
    -Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by BOWMAN View Post
    brokenarrow calls me out on my tuff guy attitude all the time.....
    Check your spelling.....
    -Thomas Jefferson

I disagree with this statement to some extent. We (& some select Pros) are the ambassadors of our sport. Don't get me wrong, I know Mathews has programs like NASP, bows for our troops and such as well as Bowtech, (in fact, a kid there was fletching arrows to be sent with bows for our troops while I was there at the factory proshop) but who does "Joe Public" see at the ranges & out in the woods? I have yet to see an archery company run as a "not for profit" entity. I appreciate what a few have given back to the community.
    We again have where someones opinions have struck a nerve and with the anonimity of the internet people go typing what they'd never say to your face.

-Judson Knowles
    The pro's and semi pro's walk out to the big shoots with a companies name on there back, and the average joe does the same with it on his bow. There was not a nerve struck here, just a concern with where our sport is going.
    I also do not use the internet as a barrier, you can pm me and we can talk about that.
    2005 Allegiance

Quote Originally Posted by BOWTECHER View Post
    The pro's and semi pro's walk out to the big shoots with a companies name on there back, and the average joe does the same with it on his bow. There was not a nerve struck here, just a concern with where our sport is going.
    I also do not use the internet as a barrier, you can pm me and we can talk about that.
    I don't think he was talking about you.

If you were not talking to me I apologize two shoes.
    2005 Allegiance

Wink

If you were not talking to me I apologize two shoes.
    Apology accepted and thanks for the hug!
    I wasn't trying to single anyone out. Everybody has been pretty well behaved as of late. One of the problems with text is you do not have the inflection of voice (tone) to tell how the words are intended. We loose a lot without it. The only way to get a little back is by using bold, CAPS! or underline and italics OR ALL THREE if you really need to get a point across
    I work off of sarcastic humor and mild inuendo......
    -Thomas Jefferson

So where is our sport going?? And isnt a pm still over the internet?

Apology accepted and thanks for the hug!
    I wasn't trying to single anyone out. Everybody has been pretty well behaved as of late. One of the problems with text is you do not have the inflection of voice (tone) to tell how the words are intended. We loose a lot without it. The only way to get a little back is by using bold, CAPS! or underline and italics OR ALL THREE if you really need to get a point across
    I work off of sarcastic humor and mild inuendo......
    I think most of us on here do this. I would not purposefully bash anyones equipment. I may kid around but its all in fun. I consider you all part of the family. But just to let you know my bow is better.

"HONDA"

Quote Originally Posted by BowhuntnHoosier View Post
    I think most of us on here do this. I would not purposefully bash anyones equipment. I may kid around but its all in fun. I consider you all part of the family. But just to let you know my bow is better.
    and when you start taking an internet forum as more than just fun and/or a place to get info.....you need to step back and take a look at your self and your equipment.....and figure out why you are so unhappy w/what you have......

Are you saying you are unhappy?

Quote Originally Posted by "SIN"ERGY View Post
    Are you saying you are unhappy?
    ummm yeah.....i am just as guilty as the next guy about getting worked up from time to time....and i promise after I think about it I go on about my bussiness.....