You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.

Default o.k. heres one for you....

Binos on a $100 budget.....what should one look for and try???

and dont bother answering that I should waste my money on anything under $250.....I simply will not spend that much.....

I have a $100 gift card to gander and have decided thats what I want.....

8x50 or 8.5x50....semi compact.....

I already have the bino system...(chest strap)....and yes it fits.....
    I cut things up and split them down!

Site Guru

What are you using them for? Looking at birds? Deer? 3-D? all of the above?
    No I'm not dead

Yeah, need more info, however I don't know what brands Gander carries. Actually probably don't need more info, I think you're going to be very limited for that price. Can you even get 8x50 for under $100? I have a pair of burris binos that are 8x42 that were under $200. I'm more than happy with them, compact, lightweight and use them for both 3d and hunting. but, i know you're looking for under 100.

Carbon Matrix

Certified NASP Instructor

Did a little researching, don't know if gander carries these, they are not 8x50, I could not find any for under 100. These are close, however and they were all around or under 100. Hope this helps

Nikon 8x40 action ultra wide view

Zhumell Long Eye Relief 8x42 wide angle

Bushnell 8x42 prism

Barska 8x42 WP Benchmark

Carbon Matrix

Certified NASP Instructor

ny911bowhunter

I know you want the Gander deal cause of the card, but PLEASE, PLEASE check out the Vortex line up!

You will seriously be amazed at how much glass you can get for so little!

www.vortexoptics.com

Quote Originally Posted by BOWMAN View Post
    Binos on a $100 budget.....what should one look for and try???

and dont bother answering that I should waste my money on anything under $250.....I simply will not spend that much.....

I have a $100 gift card to gander and have decided thats what I want.....

8x50 or 8.5x50....semi compact.....

I already have the bino system...(chest strap)....and yes it fits.....
    Just sell a bow then you will have plenty of cash for the Bino's.

"HONDA"

Default Bushnell

I got a pair of bushnell auto focus from gander mountain. They work great glassing fields in the evening. You dont have to do any focosing. They where only $60 bucks and I wouldn't use anything diffrent. The only thing is that they are made for up close vewing. Of course if your using a 8X10 your not looking at anything closer than 50 yards anyways.

o.k. so 8-8.5 power......any size for mainly 3D......

something legal for IBO.....

Thanx everyone, I will be looking into all of them.....

just went to the vortex dealer locater and Kenco is a dealer
    Last edited by BUNNYMAN; 04-05-2007 at 01:56 PM.

ny911bowhunter

With your alotted budget, perhaps the Vortex Lightning in 8 X 32 will fit the bill. These MSRP at $130.

o.k. heres one for you.... - General Archery Forum

Mid-sized and value-priced
    This distinctive 8x32 binocular deserves your attention. Smaller and lighter in weight than full-sized binoculars, this mid-sized binocular proves that great size and striking value really do go hand in hand! In the bright light of day, you can adjust the eyecups so that when you wear sunglasses, you can still take in a satisfying field of view. The fully multi-coated lenses bring you sharper views of any scene, and make watching wildlife in woodland shade even more enjoyable.

Rugged waterproof compacts for rough travels
    The rough trails and stormy weather you face will prove no threat to the mid-sized Lightning binoculars:

Waterproof seals forbid entry of rain, sleet or snow.
    Fogproof optics prove their worth time and again as you head out on humid days, or move from one temperature extreme to the other.
    Sturdy rubber armoring protects the lightweight, polycarbonate chassis, and provides you with a more secure, comfortable grip.
    The Lightning binoculars are sure to be one of your favorite travel companions combining a compact size, comfortable viewing, and exceptional optical performance for this class of binoculars.
    I currently shoot the Sidewinders, which are now called the Diamondbacks, and they are ounce for ounce right up there with the Nikon Monarchs, but at an MSRP of $250, they are 100 bucks less!

Striking wide-field binocular power
    The 8x42 Diamondback offers great value, wide-field viewing, and easy handling in any situation with steady 8x magnification. Whether your adventure takes you across rocky, sand-carved terrain, or into the high timber of the Rockies, you can trust the rock solid performance of the Diamondback binocular.

Complete waterproofing with tight O-ring sealing locks out any concern over blowing dust or driving rains.
    Complete fogproofing keeps internal lenses clear in humid habitats, or as you go from one temperature extreme to the other.
    Consider the snake with its coat of tough, durable scales this same ruggedness is found in the finely textured armor worn by the Diamondback. This protective coating also gives you a sure grip that is easy to handle even when fingers grow numb in the cold.

Full size value terrific at twilight
    Taking their lead from the Diamondback's namesake, this rugged 8x42 binocular is striking in how well it detects life in harsh environments. Searching out wildlife at twilight is most effective with binoculars that pierce through the growing darkness and shadowy brush. That bright viewing is now possible with the Diamondback ... a binocular that keeps you on the lookout from the first rays of day to the last!

Phase corrected prisms deliver sharp, greatly contrasted images.
    BaK-4 prisms provide sharp images from one edge of the broad viewing field to the other.
    Fully multi-coated optics increase light transmission for higher image quality in all lighting conditions.
    Exceptional viewing for nature observation
    The 8x42 Diamondback binocular focuses smoothly on the fine details you prize as an outdoor enthusiast. Diamondback eyecups are built on a rock-solid frame with a tapered style for a more natural fit at your eye. Covered with tried-and-true rubber for cushioned comfort, these retractable eyecups promise years of relaxed viewing.
    Of course...... You could spend a mortgage payment on a pair of Swarovski's.......

OR SPEND HALF THAT AND GET EQUAL GLASS WITH THE VORTEX RAZORS!

I plan on getting a pair of these soon, hopefully by summer! They are the creme de'la creme of binos!

Binoculars designed for demanding observers
    Come to the cutting edge of optics! Designed by the world's leading optical engineers, the innovative Vortex Razor binoculars are winning admiration and approval from the most discriminating and demanding observers. European styling, features and performance are now yours for a most reasonable investment!

World-class image quality
    Experience razor sharp images from dawn to dusk, in sunshine or shadow. When natural color is what you want, the 8x42 Razor binoculars truly deliver! Patented multi-layered lens and prism coatings work relentlessly for unmatched image quality and color fidelity.

XD glass brings you truer color, finer resolution and detailing with extra-low dispersion glass.
    XR multi-layer coatings increase resolution and light transmittance for superior details at all times of the day.
    Phase corrected roof prism surfaces are expertly cut, polished and silver-coated.
    Rugged binoculars for a lifetime of viewing
    Durability, ruggedness and dependability are hallmarks of the Razor's solid design unyielding to the forces of nature. If you could look inside the Razors, you'd see how these binoculars are fortified with features for a long life of serious use.

Absolute waterproofing and fogproofing ensure carefree adventures in any climate or habitat.
    Argon gas purging is a remarkable process used for fogproofing and preventing the internal corrosion of mechanical components for an extremely long life of service.
    Rugged chassis with a lightweight carry.
    Ridged rubber armor with fingertip grips gives you a solid hold in any weather.
    Comfort is in the details
    Refined handling begins with thoughtful design and ends with your complete satisfaction. You'll enjoy longer hours in the field because the 8x42 Razor binoculars are well balanced with fine ergonomics that will leave you relaxed at the end of a full day.

Fine focus corrections are locked in place with a conveniently placed center diopter.
    Satisfying full field viewing comfort comes with tapered eyecups that retract to your choice of several distinct positions.
    Flared eyecups replace standard eyecups to block out bright stray light and keep image contrast at its best.

Learn MoreIncluded with the Vortex Razor 8x42 Binocular
    Of course, one of the best aspects of Vortex is their VIP Warranty, which is unlimited, unconditional, and TRANSFERRABLE!

Dont mean to hijack here bowman, but has anyone looked though a pair of steiner binos yet, a freind of mine got his dad a set for xmas, we were in the house looking at the back of a pepsi can at about 10 yards, you could read the ingreadince on the can, and it was crystal clear, ill be borrowing them soon to go look at some animals, i guess they have some kind of coating on the lenses that make animals stick out more.... I think they were 10x40.

Quote Originally Posted by bullspotter View Post
    Dont mean to hijack here bowman, but has anyone looked though a pair of steiner binos yet, a freind of mine got his dad a set for xmas, we were in the house looking at the back of a pepsi can at about 10 yards, you could read the ingreadince on the can, and it was crystal clear, ill be borrowing them soon to go look at some animals, i guess they have some kind of coating on the lenses that make animals stick out more.... I think they were 10x40.

its not hyjacking.......its about binos....
    funny you should bring this up....i just looked at a pair of....Predaters I think they were called???

crystal clear and ultra compact.....they were like 150 I think.....

I don't know too much about bino's but I just happen to be strolling through the sporting goods department last night in wal-mart and remembered this thread they have a pair of Nikon binos 10X50 for like $80. They are on the website also.

"HONDA"

Quote Originally Posted by BowhuntnHoosier View Post
    I don't know too much about bino's but I just happen to be strolling through the sporting goods department last night in wal-mart and remembered this thread they have a pair of Nikon binos 10X50 for like $80. They are on the website also.
    yeah that would be great but 10 power would not be legal for IBO.....

Quote Originally Posted by BOWMAN View Post
    yeah that would be great but 10 power would not be legal for IBO.....
    Oh........sorry bout that I'm not up on my rules. You know my motto.

"HONDA"

what about these.....i can get them at the shop i work at....for cheap money and i looked closer at them today and they seem pretty nice....the eye relief was pretty nice also.....

http://www.celestron.com/c2/product....=22&ProdID=162