You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Looking for a good hunting bow

I have a Commander coming (I'm a lefty so God himself only knows when I'm gonna get it) and was actually trying to get a shorter bow for hunting. My current bow isn't too bad, but I'm not thrilled with it. Anyway, I figured instead of badgering the living daylights out of Chris (which I've already done LOL), what you guys thought would be a good Hoyt to fit the bill. Obviously, the Commander would be just fine, but I'm going to try and keep it in the best condition I have. Thanks for any thoughts. Sam

Quote Originally Posted by Sammy PSU View Post
    I have a Commander coming (I'm a lefty so God himself only knows when I'm gonna get it) and was actually trying to get a shorter bow for hunting. My current bow isn't too bad, but I'm not thrilled with it. Anyway, I figured instead of badgering the living daylights out of Chris (which I've already done LOL), what you guys thought would be a good Hoyt to fit the bill. Obviously, the Commander would be just fine, but I'm going to try and keep it in the best condition I have. Thanks for any thoughts. Sam

If you're only looking at hoyts and want a shorter bow you can't go wrong the vectrix. I have the xl and absolutely love it. Just curious, why are you limiting yourself to a hoyt. I think the drenalin would be a good choice if you're looking for a hunting only bow. It's very lightweight and I believe 33 inch axle to axle.

Carbon Matrix

Certified NASP Instructor

Quote Originally Posted by Clover & Oats View Post
    If you're only looking at hoyts and want a shorter bow you can't go wrong the vectrix. I have the xl and absolutely love it. Just curious, why are you limiting yourself to a hoyt. I think the drenalin would be a good choice if you're looking for a hunting only bow. It's very lightweight and I believe 33 inch axle to axle.
    the drenalin would be a good choice, as would a Vulcan, or a Guide serier tec hunter Extreme...
    I cut things up and split them down!

I would go with the Vectrix. But one question have you shot the Truth by Bear???? Very nice bow.

"HONDA"

Vectrix is a nice one, I have a xl, but for hunting, ill be shooting the trykon, The draw is alot smoother on the vecrix cams, the trykon has a bit harder draw. As far as accuracy, Id have to say its a toss up, their both great shooters, I get about 280 fps with a 400 gr arrow out of my trykon at 69 lbs at a 28.5 DL. I love it.

for one thing the name hoyt and "good hunting bow" or"good bow" for that matter don't belong in the same sentance kind of an oxymoron
    some were born perfect........the rest of us have to practice perfect.

06 alliegance,G5 sight, trophy taker rest
    2007 elite envy G5 sight, rip cord rest

sorry, but you had to know it was only a matter of time before somone did it.
    some were born perfect........the rest of us have to practice perfect.

06 alliegance,G5 sight, trophy taker rest
    2007 elite envy G5 sight, rip cord rest

The Vectrix is very smooth and is a good shooter.

Of course I'd buy an Allegiance.

Quote Originally Posted by rdt View Post
    The Vectrix is very smooth and is a good shooter.

Of course I'd buy an Allegiance.
    Allegiance another great hunting bow as well as the Switchback XT and the Diamond Black ICE......

At our shop we got a new hoyt lazer Tech w/ cam and a half. 70lbs. I think its a 2005-2006. Last year they made them. Its lefty and he's trying to get rid of it for $340.00. He will ship to ya too. Just a thought. Its a sweet bow.
    I would like to thank all my sponsers:Alpine Archery Pro Staff, Tru-Ball Releases Staff , Hydronics Archery Pro Staff,Victory Arrows Staff, Bohning Archery , Vibra-Check , TP Scope Lenses Pro Staff, Mossy Oak Pro Staff....
    RANGER BOW STRINGS

While you are looking at Hoyts check out the Vulcan, its a sleeper

Default ha sammy

I guess if you gotta hava hoyt & not a PSE
    I guess the best one ive setup is the drenlin..

MAN THAT HURT'S
    kbohunt

Bows,07PSE,MOJO-3D,05Flash
    Arrows..beman ICS hunter
    SURE-LOCK sights..Extreme scopes..TT rest
    FBSA-MEMBER
    Wheely Custom Quivers & Poston Stab's..Made in The U.S.A

All around awsome hunting bow would have to be the SB XT.

"HONDA"

Thanks for all the responses fellas. I got a smokin' deal on a Vulcan so that's what it's gonna be. Now the hunt is on for 28" cams, that should be fun . One thing I couldn't believe about it is the KE, it's sick. Hadn't seen a Commander in brush until yesterday, man is that a sweet looking bow, it was so quiet it was unbelievable. Shooting inside, only thing you heard was the arrow hitting.

Happy Easter!

Thanks for all the responses fellas. I got a smokin' deal on a Vulcan so that's what it's gonna be. Now the hunt is on for 28" cams, that should be fun . One thing I couldn't believe about it is the KE, it's sick. Hadn't seen a Commander in brush until yesterday, man is that a sweet looking bow, it was so quiet it was unbelievable. Shooting inside, only thing you heard was the arrow hitting.

Happy Easter!
    you like kenetic energy !! try the X-Force . 98# KE !!! thats alot...
    I would like to thank all my sponsers:Alpine Archery Pro Staff, Tru-Ball Releases Staff , Hydronics Archery Pro Staff,Victory Arrows Staff, Bohning Archery , Vibra-Check , TP Scope Lenses Pro Staff, Mossy Oak Pro Staff....
    RANGER BOW STRINGS

Quote Originally Posted by djkillaz View Post
    are they makin um lefty yet????

Quote Originally Posted by BOWMAN View Post
    are they makin um lefty yet????
    yes!! we got one on order in lefty!!! we got 5 sold in right and one left sold aint here yet.. just shot the 60# we got for a tester and they say " Sold" !!!
    RANGER BOW STRINGS

Ok so just what are you hunting that you will need 98#KE?????

Armored truck maybe???

"HONDA"

yes!! we got one on order in lefty!!! we got 5 sold in right and one left sold aint here yet.. just shot the 60# we got for a tester and they say " Sold" !!!
    you have them on order and they are making them is 2 different things.....

I shot them all and chose the switchback XT my 2 cents