You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.

Thread: New Targets

Default New Targets

One of the clubs I belong to got their new targets and one of them is the Rinehart Moose. That darn thing is big and heavy, but looks great. I can't wait to put that thing out and shoot at it. They also got the Bedded Elk, which looks awesome. The Detail on the bedded elk is not what I expected from Rinehart.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Heres another Picture of the Moose...
    Attached Images Attached Images

NOoooo not a poor little skunk!!! You can't shoot those....I had 2 as pets a long time ago. Send it to me I"ll rescue it LOL....
    FBSA Member and Concierge
    Hoyt UltraElite 25" 40#, Carter Fits Me Too, Shibuya Compound Sight & Black Eagle scope, TT Spring Steel I, Slingbraid Custom Bow Slings, Quick Stand Bowstand, Carbon Express Nano XR

Site Guru

where is this? As far as I can tell my local one shut down and I don't know of any other 3dshoots around other then Redding... but I'll get shot trying to get there
    No I'm not dead

I gotta say Rienhardt is comming a long way in the looks department......

they used to be ugly as sin.......
    I cut things up and split them down!

Nice looking target there Jay. Looks like an awesome assortment of target and a nice range. You are so lucky to have something like that by the way how far do you live from the range??

Poor little skunk.......are you nuts those things are the only thing to make me detour in the woods around here.

"HONDA"

Quote Originally Posted by Jay Are View Post
    Heres another Picture of the Moose...
    Is it just me, or are the moose's antlers on backwards??? Looks like they need to be turned around and put on the other side of the head.

Cool looking targets though.
    Nick
    2005 Hoyt Vtec 28/70

Site Guru

Quote Originally Posted by hoyt_hunter007 View Post
    Is it just me, or are the moose's antlers on backwards??? Looks like they need to be turned around and put on the other side of the head.

Cool looking targets though.
    we don't have any of dem der mooses in dees parts!
    No I'm not dead

Quote Originally Posted by BowhuntnHoosier View Post
    Nice looking target there Jay. Looks like an awesome assortment of target and a nice range. You are so lucky to have something like that by the way how far do you live from the range??

Poor little skunk.......are you nuts those things are the only thing to make me detour in the woods around here.
    I live down the street from the club, just a few minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by Dredly View Post
    where is this? As far as I can tell my local one shut down and I don't know of any other 3dshoots around other then Redding... but I'll get shot trying to get there
    Limerick Bowmen is about 1/2 hour south of Allentown.

http://www.limerickbowmen.com

Site Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Jay Are View Post
    Limerick Bowmen is about 1/2 hour south of Allentown.

http://www.limerickbowmen.com
    crap, where do you live man? I'm in Allentown right now. about 5 minutes from the airport.

I don't remember where Limerick Bowman is though...
    No I'm not dead

Sent ya a PM

is that a fun shoot ,i've been thinking about going to the one in ohio this year kinda would like to go to that one also

If you like the looks of these, wait till you see the new Elk.
    Chris Christenson - Admin
    3DShoots.com - Find Archery Shoots near you
    ObsessionArchery.com - Archery Supplies

Smile

I'm in the club. We are working hard to make a a real success. The targets are just one part of our efforts. We got a real good bunch working on multiple projects, short and long term. We are 15 - 20 minutes west of King of Prussia, towards Pottstown, off RT422. Yes, the antlers were on backwards in the solo picture. Corrected for the group photo. It is a real Monster! We got 30 Rineharts easy, now. Bunch of McKenzies Rinehart seems to be making the targets harder, and changing the finishes. Some look great, some they changed the paint sceme from the photos on the website. It was a big investment, but worth every penny. We have 35 wooded acres, and will be setting up at least one new 3D course this summer, and another by next year.
    We will be really worth a trip for you guys this summer. And the best part is, I get to shoot it too!

Quote Originally Posted by Sniper View Post
    I'm in the club. We are working hard to make a a real success. The targets are just one part of our efforts. We got a real good bunch working on multiple projects, short and long term. We are 15 - 20 minutes west of King of Prussia, towards Pottstown, off RT422. Yes, the antlers were on backwards in the solo picture. Corrected for the group photo. It is a real Monster! We got 30 Rineharts easy, now. Bunch of McKenzies Rinehart seems to be making the targets harder, and changing the finishes. Some look great, some they changed the paint sceme from the photos on the website. It was a big investment, but worth every penny. We have 35 wooded acres, and will be setting up at least one new 3D course this summer, and another by next year.
    We will be really worth a trip for you guys this summer. And the best part is, I get to shoot it too!
    35 acres and you planning on 2 seperate courses???

my club has 75 acres and we had all we could do to set up one course....just be sure to have someone stand were the targets would go and have another few people ....go to all the spots were other targets would go even if you dont think it is close....I speak from experience......
    I cut things up and split them down!

Site Guru

Still pretty sure I'll be heading down to the one coming up in May... I doubt I'll hit any of those pretty new targets but it should be fun
    No I'm not dead

Yea, we got 35 + acres, and the surrounding area is woods, partly owned by a couple life members, ajoining a section owned by the guy that sold us the land 51 years ago, and ajoining a couple other wooded sections unused by owners. We don't have townhouses behind our targets, so the impact areas are safe. We are real lucky. We got two creekbeds that join on the property, that give us vertical safety by the valleys and slopes. It works good. And We would not run multiple courses at once. We would set up different courses every few months, with variations of each. 30 - 40 targets in the woods is no problem to shoot safely. Out practice range has butts to 70 (could go 80) yards, with a berm behind. A Long Distance range with accurate marks in the ground from 55 - 120 yards, a motorized running deer, two mechanicals that move back and forth 20 feet, and one that turns 90 degrees, a tower on the practice field, and one tower and one stand in the woods. As I said, we got a good crew with skills and enthusiasm on the job, and are getting everything up and running in the next few months. We benefit from the efforts of generations past. You know how these things go. Every so often things slow down, and people get tired, pissed off, and burned out. That happened here. Now we are on a major upswing. We did selective logging last winter to get out some of the 80 foot Tulip trees, ash, and a few Oak. The Tulips especially were past mature, and becoming widowmakers. They had to go anyway, and we made some money of them. This will let our Oaks and Hickory grow, and encourage our Hemlocks and Pitch Pines to thrive. We are cleaning up tops, but that's the price you pay. The forester said we should have cut far more. I have been at war with Multiflora Rose, Russian Olive, and Wild Grape on the wood edges for a year. Burning a big pile this weekend. I will not let that stuff take over and crowd out or native species the way I see it do at other clubs. We also layed out a new 14 target field course in the woods, and are putting it in now. We will restring the High Intensity lights last, and have it up and running by our Thursday Night Shoots starting the middle of June. Our membership is actually increasing, with new members, and former members returning. That is the real indicator of success. Increased participation.
    Last edited by Sniper; 04-27-2007 at 01:25 AM.