You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Default Lumenoks or Firenocks??

What's your opinion, they will be used for hunting. I believe the firenocks are about $20 more. Which ones would you use and why?

Carbon Matrix

Certified NASP Instructor

Site Guru

neither? Get blaze orange nocks. feltch it with blaze orange and but a blaze orange arrow wrap. total cost will be under 3.00 / arrow
    No I'm not dead

Quote Originally Posted by Dredly View Post
    neither? Get blaze orange nocks. feltch it with blaze orange and but a blaze orange arrow wrap. total cost will be under 3.00 / arrow

I second the blaze orange wraps part of that.....
    Pathfinder Arrow Wraps

Quote Originally Posted by jcmorgan31 View Post
    I second the blaze orange wraps part of that.....
    You would'nt happen to know where a guy could buy some do ya???

"HONDA"

Site Guru

Quote Originally Posted by BowhuntnHoosier View Post
    I think our resident wrap maker could probably arrange something...
    No I'm not dead

I think our resident wrap maker could probably arrange something...
    I don't know I've heard great things about that Pathfinder Wrap guy.

"HONDA"

Quote Originally Posted by BowhuntnHoosier View Post
    Some good wraps here. Cheapest i know of.

http://arrowskins.com/

Default best skin no doubt, hands down best price too!

Quote Originally Posted by MickeyBee View Post
    Some good wraps here. Cheapest i know of.

http://arrowskins.com/
    My good friend Wayne make the best wrap there is, no doubt. For those who are interest in Firenock. Some exciting news. We have lighted nock now use missile and impact bomb technology to switch on and off, thus we no longer even need a magnet. We now have 5 color of field interchangeable nock. Not to mention the new battery which gives out 5,350 LUX at the tip of the 8,000 LUX LED. WARNING! Do not look directly into the LED or temporary blindness may occur! Now you know why we can claim visible up to 1.2 Miles in total darkness. It is not a joke.

more info visit www.firenock.com
    Dorge O Huang dorgeh@firenock.com Phone: (815) 780-1695 URL: http://www.firenock.com
    Operating Manager of Firenock LLC, The Most Advanced Lighted Nock® Company.
    Maker of Firenock®, Aerovane®, Aerovane Jig, iBowSight™, AeroRest™, APS (Arrow Preparation System), AeroPoint™, AeroInsert™, Lightning Nock®, AeroBolt™, and Hydro® systems.
    Use ProString, Posten Stabs

Default eather

I tried blaze orange & nock combo's,& solid white & neon-green nock's
    I can pick up the white & neon green better becouse of the folige in the fall has orange & red in it & white dosnt fit,so i can really see it going into a brown deer.
    My 2 cent's
    kbohunt

Bows,07PSE,MOJO-3D,05Flash
    Arrows..beman ICS hunter
    SURE-LOCK sights..Extreme scopes..TT rest
    FBSA-MEMBER
    Wheely Custom Quivers & Poston Stab's..Made in The U.S.A

I prefer white wraps with all white fletchings for hunting. This way I can get a good look at the blood and make sure I know where the animal was hit. but with the new rages all the deer went down within seeing distance from my stand. Not much need for tracking.

Carbon Matrix

Quote Originally Posted by Clover & Oats View Post
    I prefer white wraps with all white fletchings for hunting. This way I can get a good look at the blood and make sure I know where the animal was hit. but with the new rages all the deer went down within seeing distance from my stand. Not much need for tracking.
    whats the fun in that???
    I cut things up and split them down!

Quote Originally Posted by BOWMAN View Post
    whats the fun in that???
    It is sooooo much fun watching them go down. If I can see them go down then I stay in the tree and keep on hunting. I've pulled two doubles the past two years.

Lumenoks or firenocks????

Or does it really matter which one??

Carbon Matrix

They're both expensive and pretty heavy as well
    SAVE A BUCK--SHOOT AN OUTFITTER

Default Carbon Express Lumenok

Quote Originally Posted by STRO View Post
    What's your opinion, they will be used for hunting. I believe the firenocks are about $20 more. Which ones would you use and why?
    Have you used the carbon express lumenok? If so, did you like them?

Default Carbon express Lazereye

Quote Originally Posted by johnmoon View Post
    Have you used the carbon express lumenok? If so, did you like them?
    It is a manufactured processed Archer flame. It uses the Korean Fishing Bobber light with mould in nock and do not need that glue in wood like Archer Flame does. Have 3 colors, green, red and yellow. About 350 LUX in output light from the ones I can get my hand on to. The comparison chart below should give you some good idea of ALL lighted nock in the market

Lumenoks or Firenocks?? - General Archery Forum
    Dorge O Huang dorgeh@firenock.com Phone: (815) 780-1695 URL: http://www.firenock.com
    Maker of Firenock®, Aerovane®, Aerovane Jig, iBowSight™, AeroRest™, APS (Arrow Preparation System), AeroPoint™, AeroInsert™, Lightning Nock®, AeroBolt™, and Hydro® systems.

Default Quality

In my opinion, firenocks are far better than Lumenocks. However, I purchased a set of three last year and after a few weeks of shooting only one still worked (i.e., the other two were unable to survive errant shots and thereby I question their quality). In either case, I almost purchased another set of the new version today, but could not stomach the $50 price given the issues I had previously.

Default What happen to the warranty that comes with the nock?

Quote Originally Posted by bowden View Post
    In my opinion, firenocks are far better than Lumenocks. However, I purchased a set of three last year and after a few weeks of shooting only one still worked (i.e., the other two were unable to survive errant shots and thereby I question their quality). In either case, I almost purchased another set of the new version today, but could not stomach the $50 price given the issues I had previously.
    On the back of evey Firenock v2.0 package it stated very clearly that it comes with a 120 days warranty. A few weeks will be within the 4 month time period. Why did bowden not send it in for evaluation? And for those who have firenock still in their procession, they can send it in for upgrade/refresh.

Detail below
    http://www.firenock.com/Refresh%20and%20Upgrade.htm

FYI, Firenock G series starts at $19.95 for a single pack with 2 matched weight and all the way to $750.00 per 45 box. No magnet needed.

Default Lumenock? Naaaaaawwwwww

I bought 4 of them, only one worked out of the package, and it quit after 5 shots. Never again.

Tried making my own. Again, only one worked, but that could have been me.

I think that anything that depends on a mechanical switch is bound to fail prematurely. If I go this route again, it'll have to be a magnetic switch. But I use orange hens and a yellow **** for my Blazers and don't have a lot of trouble finding them.

Default I have used Lumenok

I do not like the Lumenok, I had a hard time getting them to work initially. then, I had one not work in the field, and another that has never worked while practicing. So, 1/3 ain't bad I guess.
    Mathews Switchback XT/ 70 lb/Easton ST Epic 340/Rage 3 blade/Sims Mini S coil/Trophy Ridge Outfitter 5 pin/Ripcord rest/TruBall release

"I'll see you around, 'round my home town"
    Charlie Robison

In response to Firenock, I, probably like many others, do not keep packaging for weeks, let alone read any fine print on the back. It may be just me, but if spend the time sighting in my bow with something and then it fails it is not much consolation to send these back in to be evaluated; Especially after paying over $50 for them. A warranty such as Firenocks offers is nice for the peace of mind it gives, but if the product fails, one is still disappointed with the product. However, I must again note that these nocks are far superior to Lumenocks on their brightness, so much so that even after being burned I am tempted to purchase another set. In regards to the comments about bright wraps and fletchings, these are incomparable to Firenocks. These may aid in allowing you to see your arrow, but Firenocks are so bright you cannot help but see your arrow's flight.