You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Firenock View Post
    I am the inventor of Firenock, LLC. Right now all products are not out except Firenock v1.2, Brackets for Whisker Biscuit, and Brackets for Trophy Taker rest. I am more than willing to let you do a review when the products are out, that should be very soon.

Please note that the
    Firenock v2.0s is for standard carbon arrow and aluminum arrow with Uni-bushing
    Firenock v2.0a is for Axis arrow
    Lightning Nock v2.0s is for standard carbon arrow and aluminum arrow with Uni-bushing
    Lightning Nock v2.0c is for standard carbon crossbow bolts

For starters, please review the reviews and technical specifications so you get a better idea what make Firenock and Lightning Nock so special.
    i would need the lightning nock v2.0s, you can sacrifice 1 pack can't you??

Carbon Matrix

Certified NASP Instructor

Default Lightning Nock 2.0s...

I shall see what I can do. FYI, the first few shipments of v2.0s are totally sold out and all spoken for. If you do not mind the v1.2s, I may be able to come up with a pack. They are identical in electronics, except the packaging and nocks

Quote Originally Posted by Firenock View Post
    I shall see what I can do. FYI, the first few shipments of v2.0s are totally sold out and all spoken for. If you do not mind the v1.2s, I may be able to come up with a pack. They are identical in electronics, except the packaging and nocks
    I'd be more then happy to try them out. Shoot me a pm, I'd love to try these out turkey hunting.

Carbon Matrix

Certified NASP Instructor

Those will screw up yor arrow's FOC bigtime since they are not exactly light...
    Follow the advice posted and go with flourescent nocks and fletchings.

Ron

Default weight of Firenocks and Lightning Nock.

For your information on FOC issues. Firenock is one of the lighted in the maret for lighted nock.

Firenock v1.2s only add 19 grain to the arrow (it weight 31 grain as most nock itself is 12 grain)
    while v2.0s, v2.0a shall add 10 grains and 8 grains respectively.

For the budget archer, lightning Nock v.20s and v2.0c shall add 12.6 grain and 11.3 grain respecitvely.

Just move from 2 inched blazer to 4 inched quick apin will add more than that to affect your FOC. Unless one is shooting 85 grain broadhead or below, I do not see that big of a change.

Regards

I shoot those little quad tune a nocks, five grains, for target, and mini blazers, swap in a lumenock with no changes, and hit 3D vitals at 80 yards and over with no, or minor, sight changes. Increasing the weight in the ass actually seems to help stabilize the arrow with a broadhead. I know it shouldn't work, but I do it all the time. If you shoot at a animal late in the afternoon, in that evening twilight when the deer are running all over, you know if, and where you got the hit. You either find a bloody arrow with a taillight, or you might see the animal run off with a orange light sticking out. I love them. So do the other guys. At 30 -40 yards they make almost no effect on flight, and most shots are 30 and under anyway. I intend to try Firenocks when I find them, as they are not available in my area.
    Last edited by Sniper; 04-27-2007 at 06:42 PM.

Switching to a two inch Blazer vane about equals out the weight issue, and the minor increase in nock weight is not as imprtant as we are led to believe.

Default Firenock v1.2 avaliable now.

If anyone is interested, I still have some v1.2 left. When they are gone that will be it. I am moving to v2.0s on all lighted nocks. Firenock v1.2s is just way too expenseive to make and it is built like a tank. Like some one had said, who need a tank that flies. But for those who like flying tank's reliability, v1.2 is hard to beat.

Necro-Post!

Anyone does a recent test of the Lumenok, Tracer, and new Firenock?
    I looked on youtube and camospace... nothing.
    2006 PSE Diablo - 26"/68# |VBG Triangle | WB DX QS | ST Magnums
    TR One Piece Quiver | Doinker 7" M-Rod | Vibracheck HD | Scott Wildcat
    Box Family Archery Site / Diablo Owners Club / Maine Hunter Support Group

Default someone should!

Quote Originally Posted by Shaman View Post
    Necro-Post!

Anyone does a recent test of the Lumenok, Tracer, and new Firenock?
    I looked on youtube and camospace... nothing.
    I have been working on a detail comparison chart. I sure prefer a independent part would do it instead. Anyone interested, I shall send what I have in excel to you. Contact@firenock.com
    Dorge O Huang dorgeh@firenock.com Phone: (815) 780-1695 URL: http://www.firenock.com
    Operating Manager of Firenock LLC, The Most Advanced Lighted Nock® Company.
    Maker of Firenock®, Aerovane®, Aerovane Jig, iBowSight™, AeroRest™, APS (Arrow Preparation System), AeroPoint™, AeroInsert™, Lightning Nock®, AeroBolt™, and Hydro® systems.
    Use ProString, Posten Stabs

I would make my own. I saw a video on u tube under homemade lighted nock looks prety good and only $3

Quote Originally Posted by BowhuntnHoosier View Post
    You would'nt happen to know where a guy could buy some do ya???
    Some good wraps here. Cheapest i know of.

http://arrowskins.com/

Default best skin no doubt, hands down best price too!

Quote Originally Posted by MickeyBee View Post
    Some good wraps here. Cheapest i know of.

http://arrowskins.com/
    My good friend Wayne make the best wrap there is, no doubt. For those who are interest in Firenock. Some exciting news. We have lighted nock now use missile and impact bomb technology to switch on and off, thus we no longer even need a magnet. We now have 5 color of field interchangeable nock. Not to mention the new battery which gives out 5,350 LUX at the tip of the 8,000 LUX LED. WARNING! Do not look directly into the LED or temporary blindness may occur! Now you know why we can claim visible up to 1.2 Miles in total darkness. It is not a joke.

more info visit www.firenock.com
    Dorge O Huang dorgeh@firenock.com Phone: (815) 780-1695 URL: http://www.firenock.com
    Maker of Firenock®, Aerovane®, Aerovane Jig, iBowSight™, AeroRest™, APS (Arrow Preparation System), AeroPoint™, AeroInsert™, Lightning Nock®, AeroBolt™, and Hydro® systems.

He Who Drops His Bow Arm dbdcougar's Avatar

Add me to the neither list.
    Bear Kodiak Magnum, Easton XX75 Legacy w/Zwicky's, Great Northern Quiver
    Black & Pink package for the Princess: Martin Mystic, Sword Apex, Limb Driver
    FBSA emertus

Default Carbon Express Lumenok

Quote Originally Posted by STRO View Post
    What's your opinion, they will be used for hunting. I believe the firenocks are about $20 more. Which ones would you use and why?
    Have you used the carbon express lumenok? If so, did you like them?

Default Carbon express Lazereye

Quote Originally Posted by johnmoon View Post
    Have you used the carbon express lumenok? If so, did you like them?
    It is a manufactured processed Archer flame. It uses the Korean Fishing Bobber light with mould in nock and do not need that glue in wood like Archer Flame does. Have 3 colors, green, red and yellow. About 350 LUX in output light from the ones I can get my hand on to. The comparison chart below should give you some good idea of ALL lighted nock in the market

Lumenoks or Firenocks?? - General Archery Forum

Default Quality

In my opinion, firenocks are far better than Lumenocks. However, I purchased a set of three last year and after a few weeks of shooting only one still worked (i.e., the other two were unable to survive errant shots and thereby I question their quality). In either case, I almost purchased another set of the new version today, but could not stomach the $50 price given the issues I had previously.

Default What happen to the warranty that comes with the nock?

Quote Originally Posted by bowden View Post
    In my opinion, firenocks are far better than Lumenocks. However, I purchased a set of three last year and after a few weeks of shooting only one still worked (i.e., the other two were unable to survive errant shots and thereby I question their quality). In either case, I almost purchased another set of the new version today, but could not stomach the $50 price given the issues I had previously.
    On the back of evey Firenock v2.0 package it stated very clearly that it comes with a 120 days warranty. A few weeks will be within the 4 month time period. Why did bowden not send it in for evaluation? And for those who have firenock still in their procession, they can send it in for upgrade/refresh.

Detail below
    http://www.firenock.com/Refresh%20and%20Upgrade.htm

FYI, Firenock G series starts at $19.95 for a single pack with 2 matched weight and all the way to $750.00 per 45 box. No magnet needed.

Default Lumenock? Naaaaaawwwwww

I bought 4 of them, only one worked out of the package, and it quit after 5 shots. Never again.

Tried making my own. Again, only one worked, but that could have been me.

I think that anything that depends on a mechanical switch is bound to fail prematurely. If I go this route again, it'll have to be a magnetic switch. But I use orange hens and a yellow **** for my Blazers and don't have a lot of trouble finding them.

Default I have used Lumenok

I do not like the Lumenok, I had a hard time getting them to work initially. then, I had one not work in the field, and another that has never worked while practicing. So, 1/3 ain't bad I guess.
    Mathews Switchback XT/ 70 lb/Easton ST Epic 340/Rage 3 blade/Sims Mini S coil/Trophy Ridge Outfitter 5 pin/Ripcord rest/TruBall release

"I'll see you around, 'round my home town"
    Charlie Robison