You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.

Default IBO World Qualifier June 23 & 24

Massachusetts Bowhunters Association and Wankinquoah Rod and Gun Club team up for an IBO World Qualifier Event - The event will be a two day event held at Wankinquoah on June 23 and 24. It is a outdoor 3D 60 target course. The club is loctated off Route 495 in Southeastern Massachusetts in the Town of Middleboro - Just minutes from Cape Cod and historic Plymouth - Meals will be served both days Breakfast is from 5:30 AM to 10:30 AM Lunch from 11:30 AM to 2:30 PM. There will be a Saturday 1/2 Barbecue Chicken dinner with all the fixings - reservations required. Bring your hiking shoes as this course will take though the 325 acres of club property. Sodas and water can be had at the club house or at every 10 targets on the trail - There will be vendors, raffles, special shoots and loads of fun!

Hope to see you there!

Mike -
    Last edited by Chris; 04-17-2007 at 02:45 PM.

Default IBO World Qualifer June 23 & 24

Wankinquoah Rod and Gun Club will be holding a IBO world Qualifier 3D Outdoor shoot June 23rd and 24th. The shoot is Co-Sponsored with Massachusetts Bowhunters Association. This Two Day shoot will have 30 IBO Qualifying targets on one course and 30 3D targets on a second course, set up over 325 acres. The cost for the adult shoot is $40 Pre register and $45 at the door - pre registration ends June 20th.

For the cost of the shoot you can shoot 30, 60 or 120 3D targets over two days. There is also a IBO Archer Shoot off Sunday with an award of $200.00 only open to IBO shooters. You do not need to be an IBO member to shoot the course, with two exception being level 5 and 6 archers.

The Club will have the kitchen open for breakfast, lunch both days. Saturday evening there will be a dinner consisting of half a baroque chicken with all the fixings - there will be kids meals available for 14 and under. The dinner is by reservation as space is limited to 200.

During the shoot the club house will remain open for a rest area. There will be a vendors showcase, specialty shoots, raffles, demonstration and movies in the club house to keep the kids happy.

The club is located 45 minutes South of Boston Massachusetts with good access from major highways - Make it a mini vacation as the club is 15 minutes from historic Plymouth and Scenic Cape Cod.

There are many campgrounds in the area for campers. If you rather not rough it we have made arrangements at the Days Inn of Middleboro with a special IBO rate during the shoot.

For more information or entry forms email merwin10@comcast.net or go to our web site www.wrgclub.org .

Come on Down and have some FUN!

Mike -
    Last edited by merwin10; 05-02-2007 at 08:35 PM.

Default IBO shoot Extravaganza

IBO shoot Extravaganza information -

This course of 120 targets can be shot in three different ways -

First, it is a IBO World Qualifier you will qualify on 30 targets only. Then it's up to you shoot 30, 60 or 90 more 3D targets over the two days.

Second, shoot the Extravaganza 60 targets on Saturday and 60 on Sunday, you can choose to keep your score or not. This is a FUN Shoot!

Third Sunday Only - Tri-County 30 target scheduled shoot -

OK so what is the cost - $45.00 for the IBO, $40.00 for the Extravaganza, and $10.00 for the Tri-County.

BEST DEAL IS THE IBO - Remember you don't need to be a IBO member here is what we are offering for IBO Shooters. IBO SPECIAL INCENTIVES for the first 80 archers to PRE-REGISTER. Your PRE-entry Fee of $45.00 allows you to shoot the IBO course to qualify, Shoot the rest of the 90 targets over two days, enters you in the $200.00 shoot off, gives you a 50% off any dozen arrows of your choice at REEDY'S ARCHERY of Middleboro (in stock arrows only), and a IBO Event T-Shirt. PRE-entry incentives alone valued at upto $120.00 depending on arrows of choice and T-Shirt. Now how can you beat that? We are practically paying you to shoot. PRE REGISTRATION ends June 20th. Archers entering after June 20th and are not one of the first 80 Pre Entrees are still entered in the $200.00 Shoot off you loose the Early bird INCENTIVE!

The Club will have the kitchen open for breakfast, lunch both days. Saturday evening there will be a dinner consisting of half a baroque chicken with all the fixings - there will be kids meals available for 14 and under. The dinner is by reservation as space is limited to 200. Dinner cost is $12.00 and $7.50 for 14 and under.

During the shoot the club house will remain open for a rest area. There will be a vendors showcase, specialty shoots, raffles, demonstration and movies in the club house to keep the kids happy.

The club is located 45 minutes South of Boston Massachusetts with good access from major highways - Make it a mini vacation as the club is 15 minutes from historic Plymouth and Scenic Cape Cod.

There are many campgrounds in the area for campers. If you rather not rough it we have made arrangements at the Days Inn of Middleboro with a special IBO rate during the shoot.

For more information or entry forms email merwin10@comcast.net or go to our web site www.wrgclub.org .

-or download directly -

General Information

Information Sheet

Brochure

IBO Entry form

Extravaganza Entry form

Come on Down and have some FUN!

Mike -
    Last edited by merwin10; 05-06-2007 at 10:17 PM.

Senior Member vonottoexperience's Avatar

Looks interesting

Default Ny Shooters

We would love to have some New York Shooters - They do shoot 3D Arachery in New York don't they? Only Kidding! So far it looks good for a great turn out and the vendors are lining up to sell their wares.

Mike -

Quote Originally Posted by merwin10 View Post
    We would love to have some New York Shooters - They do shoot 3D Arachery in New York don't they? Only Kidding! So far it looks good for a great turn out and the vendors are lining up to sell their wares.

Mike -
    nope they dont shoot that here......

we do shoot archery though
    I cut things up and split them down!

oops! guess I should use the spell checker, good pick up Bowman! Do you think there is any interest out your way?

Mike -

oops! Guess I should use the spell checker! Good catch Bowman! Do you think there is any interest in this shoot out your way!

Mike -

Default Good Catch!

Opps! I will do anything to get a reply! - Good catch Bowman!!

Mike -

Unhappy Sorry Everyone!

I guess I owe a apology to every one for repeating myself! I thought the post did not get thru because I did not see it! Most forums use add pages for post beyond page 1. Just noticed today the little message "More replies below current depth..." Oh well Sorry for the repeated message I will have to remember that on this site!

Mike -

Lightbulb Pre Entry incentive

Hi Guys and Gals,

The incentive program for 50% off a dozen arrows for early sign up is filling up fast. Some shooters have told me what they have saved - how does $90 off dozen X10's sound - Reedy's Archery has all the big brands arrows from Easton - Carbon Express - PSE and others. The deal ends when the first 80 archers sign up! BE one of the First 80! These arrows are cut to your length shafts, field points and inserts, your choice of fletching ready to shoot arrows! This is a huge incentive and you can easily get your money worth just for being one of the first 80 archers signed up!

Your pre entry fee of $45.00 gets you 30 IBO World Qualifier targets top 20 shooters in each class will get invited to the next stage of IBO shoots - then there is 90 more 3D targets over the two days, 60 each day. As if that was not enough there is 50% off a dozen arrows of your choice in stock and a free IBO World Qualifier t-shirt. Again this offer is for the first 80 pre-entrees and ends June 20, 2007.

Information on this shoot can be found in the above post or you can E-mail merwin10@comcast,net .

Thanks Again

Mike -

Default IBO Equipment rule -

Hi All -

There has been several questions as to how we are going to handle the IBO equipment rule III A 1 & 2. Althought the rule book is confusing here is how we are going to handle the situation. Which by the way conforms to how it was handled on the first leg of the IBO Triple Crown.

The method of checking equipment for draw weight and arrow speed.
    Wankinquoah Rod and Gun Club IBO World Qualifier will be checking equipment in accordance with IBO Rule III A -1 & 2 "Equipment Grains per pound and Arrow Speed" For clarification of this rule we turned to IBO and the response was as follows:

The bow would be weighed on a bow scale. The peak weight in that process is the bows weight. I would suggest you weigh the arrow first then the bow. Grain scales are just a little more consistent. Say the arrow weighs 300 grains. The rule for arrow weight to bow weight says that 300 grains is legal to 60 pounds. With allowance the bow could weigh up to 62 pounds and no more.

Ken Watkins

The procedure we will use is as follows:

1 - We will choose an Arrow from your quiver you will shoot it through a chronograph if the arrow travels at less than 280 fps (variance of 3% 288.4 maximum) you may move on to the course

2 - If the Arrow is greater than 280 fps (variance of 3% 288.4 maximum), then we will weigh the arrow then pull the bow for peak draw weight We will divide the arrow weight by 5 and the result is the required bow weight plus allowances. Example: Arrow weight 300 grains Bow peak draw weight can NOT be more than 60 pounds, (62 pounds with the allowance).

Note: The scales will be certified by the local Weights and Measures officer the day before the shoot.

If you have any questions about this please post them here or email me
    at merwin10@comcast.net

Mike -

This just kills me. I'm 20 minutes from this. I have my nephews wedding that weekend, and I like him.

there is interest but I cant make it.....

Quote Originally Posted by BOWMAN View Post
    there is interest but I cant make it.....
    That would be a cool roadtrip though......

Quote Originally Posted by brokenarrow View Post
    That would be a cool roadtrip though......
    well do you have to shoot both days???

Exclamation

Bowman -

NO! you can shoot as much as you want or as little as you want - The World Qualifier is only 30 never shot at targets. Then there is another 30 you can shoot at that we use just for our league set up to league rules. If you want to come back Sunday there is another 60 targets to shoot. Your one time IBO fee of $45.00 covers the 120 targets. If you are not interested in IBO and just want to shoot 60 targets on Saturday and 60 on Sunday it is $40.00 - This is more of an for fun endurance shoot we have dubbed the EXTRAVAGANZA!. There are no prizes for the EXTRAVAGANZA! nor do any of the incentives or $200.00 shoot off prize involved. Remember the first 80 pre entrées get 50% of a dozen arrows. I just bought a dozen Predators for $189.00 special fletching and field points. I could have saved over $94.00 being one of the first 80 pre entrées. Why didn't I? Committee members are exempt from this incentive.

We do have special IBO hotel rates locally at the Days Inn in Middleboro 508.946.4400 - mention "IBO" to get the rate.

Hope this helps!

Mike -
    Last edited by merwin10; 06-06-2007 at 05:35 PM.