You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Bowtech Warranty?

OF those who have had limb problems(Bowtecher) or other problems, how has Bowtech treated you in regards to your warranty. Did you have to show proof of purchase as original owner or any thing like that? I was just wondering considering everyones warranty says original owner.

BOWTECHER U HAVE SOME PM"S BUDDY
    Elite Status

Is Bowtecher the only person that has had limb problems on here?
    Elite Status

not many bowtech shooters here
    I cut things up and split them down!

As a bowtech dealer, I can tell you their warranty is very good. I don't think you will have trouble getting warranty work done on the bow.
    Chris Christenson - Admin
    3DShoots.com - Find Archery Shoots near you
    ObsessionArchery.com - Archery Supplies

I've heard they're warranty is good I just wondered if they question original ownership.
    Elite Status

Senior Member Southernfryedyankee's Avatar

I shoot a Bowtech tribute, and so far the biggest probs I have had has been my cam screw came loose once and my d-loop keeps turning turning on my string (but thats not Bowtechs fault) I hope this helps
    Her hair glistened in the rain like a nose hair after a sneeze.

http://www.godscountryoutdoors.net
    http://http://www.meanvarchery.com/home.html

Senior Member Southernfryedyankee's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ELITE STATUS View Post
    I've heard they're warranty is good I just wondered if they question original ownership.
    As far as my understanding its limited to the original owner. I am still trying to understand how they can be sold on ebay and still have the warranty honored if yo ucant by them from actual dealers over the net
    Her hair glistened in the rain like a nose hair after a sneeze.

http://www.godscountryoutdoors.net
    http://http://www.meanvarchery.com/home.html

dont they have a warrenty registration process, like other companies???

all you should need is your name.....

Quote Originally Posted by BOWMAN View Post
    dont they have a warrenty registration process, like other companies???

all you should need is your name.....
    You can either fill out and mail the registration card or go to their website and fill it out and submit it electronically.

I have a 2005 Diamond Victory that was mis-adjusted by Gander Maountain for draw length. The Cam over-rotated repeatedly and the cable broke at full draw, blowing the limbs to heck and smashing the cam to the ground, bending the heck out of it.
    Bowtech/Diamond replaced everything on the bow except for the riser, and upgraded the limbs to the 2006 versions (with the end caps). They had it about 2 weeks total. I just had to reimburse my shop $21 for shipping.

That's pretty damn good in my book. That's one of the reasons I bought an Allegiance.

Ron

Quote Originally Posted by ELITE STATUS View Post
    OF those who have had limb problems(Bowtecher) or other problems, how has Bowtech treated you in regards to your warranty. Did you have to show proof of purchase as original owner or any thing like that? I was just wondering considering everyones warranty says original owner.

BOWTECHER U HAVE SOME PM"S BUDDY
    I am the original owner, I did not need proof of purchase, and I returned it to the shop I purchased it at. The shop contacted there Bowtech rep. and he took it from there.
    2005 Allegiance

Seems like Bowtech is usually the company that people are asking about when it comes to warranty work. Hmmmmmmmm.
    SAVE A BUCK--SHOOT AN OUTFITTER

Quote Originally Posted by "SIN"ERGY View Post
    Seems like Bowtech is usually the company that people are asking about when it comes to warranty work. Hmmmmmmmm.
    Yeah I don't know why either because its only Elite that has problem with their warranty claims.

"HONDA"

I hear what you're saying but take a step back. Bear with me for a minute and I don't mean to start a war. I'm just talking the facts...

There are tons of companies out there (in all areas of consumer goods) that think their products are so good that if something goes awry it MUST be the customer who is at fault. And the customer usually gets screwed because in their eyes the customers are idiots. Obviously that is not true in most cases.

This is not about bashing companies or suggesting a company has a cronic quality problem. I'll use Bowtech as an example... It's about discussing Bowtech's warranty policy, or better yet, Bowtech's willingness to make things right no matter what their policy is in writing. I happen to think Bowtech/Diamond has their act together based on the facts from personal experience, not emotion. They do things for the customer because they want to keep people in the sport and care about customer satisfaction, not because they are abliged to because of a piece of paper they give you in the box the bow came in.

A lot of consumer products' companies could learn a lesson from that, and profit from it.

Remember back when compound bows had steel cables that would cause extreme riser/limb vibration and split limbs after a few hundred shots ? Remember the problems with the 'wonderful/high tech' 'fastflight' strings that used to wear and break all the time because the physics were just too much for that technology ? Remember when you had to jump through hoops to get 220 fps ? Remember when cast risers would crack and fail because of excesive vibration due to totally unforgiving steel cables, strings, arrows, etc... Remember how damn ugly the bows used to look ?

I don't remember people bashing companies back then. Everyone was just trying to figure out how to fix the problems and make the equipment better and customers happy. I don't see that as being different now, we're just running out of issues to have to address aside from shooter ability.

Now we're so critical that if we 'detect' a 16" of cam lean at full draw (which is very common, and even more) we have a cow and the company who manufactured the bow is suddenly demoted to the 'B' list.

I like Vapor Trail's motto: "Quit Your Crying"...

I'm giving Vapor Trail my business these days for the same reason I give Bowtech business.

Ron
    Last edited by Ronhop; 04-18-2007 at 12:36 AM.

"HONDA"

My concern with the bigger companies is the time it takes to get the repair done.
    Example: 2005 bowtech, top limb cracks, from the day the shop called the rep. (I KNOW BECAUSE I WAS THERE) it took three weeks for that shop to receive the limbs for a two year old bow. I'm sure the bigger companies like Mathews, Hoyt, Bowtech, have a small stock of replacement limbs.
    Three weeks may not seem like a long time, however that is the only bow I own.
    2005 Allegiance

Quote Originally Posted by BOWTECHER View Post
    My concern with the bigger companies is the time it takes to get the repair done.
    Example: 2005 bowtech, top limb cracks, from the day the shop called the rep. (I KNOW BECAUSE I WAS THERE) it took three weeks for that shop to receive the limbs for a two year old bow. I'm sure the bigger companies like Mathews, Hoyt, Bowtech, have a small stock of replacement limbs.
    Three weeks may not seem like a long time, however that is the only bow I own.
    I was the tech in a shop that sold PSE a few years ago.....its was a 48 hour or less turn around w/them......If I called say on a monday at 9:00am....I had the limbs in my hand on wed at 9:00 am....

and the best part......All you had to do was give them the seriel number...they did not care if it was the original owner and they NEVER wanted the limbs back.....

in my opinion that is why to this day, PSE is still number 1 in world sales...

Quote Originally Posted by BOWMAN View Post
    I was the tech in a shop that sold PSE a few years ago.....its was a 48 hour or less turn around w/them......If I called say on a monday at 9:00am....I had the limbs in my hand on wed at 9:00 am....

and the best part......All you had to do was give them the seriel number...they did not care if it was the original owner and they NEVER wanted the limbs back.....

in my opinion that is why to this day, PSE is still number 1 in world sales...
    You bet Ole Pete knows how to satisfy his customers.

"HONDA"

I wasn't trying to start a war i was just joking around with the Bowtech guys; ie:Bowtecher.
    SAVE A BUCK--SHOOT AN OUTFITTER

I wasn't trying to start a war i was just joking around with the Bowtech guys; ie:Bowtecher.
    so i am guessing you guys know each other???