You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Bow of Choice... Mathews, Hoyt, or Bowtech

Alright guys & girls please help me out here. Which bow would you buy and why, if you could choose any Mathews, Hoyt, or Bowtech. Primarily 3-D & hunting but should shoot well on a field course. Right now I shoot a Hoyt Supertech and am VERY pleased but have the opportunity to upgrade. Thanks in advance for all of your knowledge, experience, ....and opinions

Default It is a factor of personal preference.

You shoot a supertech now,so you kinda know what a good hoyt does shoot like.
    My opinion of this alone is that the overall braceheight as well s the axle to axle is a little small.
    I would not say compared to a protec,or elite series,to through it in the garbage,but,I prefer these hoyts if I was to shot any of them.
    I know some prefer the feel of spirals next to cam 1/2's,that there is another preference alone n the hoyt catagory,and changes everything,realistically.
    I shot Mathews for years,I loved the singecams feel,and never could amagine shooting a elite until I just happen to find out how much you can adjust one,as well as how much speed I was getting.
    I do however say that this years switchback is undeniably A sweet hunting bow,it sure is vibration free/no need for dampening that one and fast, and .,as well as the Apex being a ultimate tackdriver in 3d/target,it is a little slow,but if ya got a longer draw and put a sts on it,it might be the way it shoots for ya that can raise some numbers?
    I resided to go with a few Bowtech's this year due to there coming out with the binary equalizer system.
    I like the way it feels especially for hunting.
    The draw cycle is different and the wall is nice on both of them.
    I have a 29 1/2"Constitution for 3d/target at 61 1/2lbs,with a 352 grain arrow I am getting 284 fps.
    I intend on keeping ths bow forever seeing it is one of the first twenty made for one and two,this one doesn't lie one bit to you about being accurate.
    I got a Old Glory at 29" and am drawing 70 lbs.and getting 280fps with 400 grains.
    I was shooting it yesterday at 60 yards to finally get sighted in for hunting,and litterly drilling agroup the size of a popcan when I was done.
    I still have to get used to it,I am not use to the stabilization of a hunting rig after shooting that constitution being so rock solid and all.
    But I gather everthing will come together with just some practice.
    So,in thesis,I guess it all depends what you like,it is personal preference for sure.
    I love them all but choose to shoot what make it happen for me.
    I guess,my suggestion is to start shooting them all,and you will find out which one that does want to go home with you.

I currently shoot a Mathews LX and love it. I get plenty of speed witha 28" draw at 70#s. Thier new Switchback is a work of art. a freind of mine just purchased one and it is sweet. just as fast as my LX and as quiet as the Outback. With the new zebra string it is a great bow.

Default Thanks

Thanks for all of the usefull info guys

Default Did you get a bow?

I was wondering if you got a bow and have been getting sighted in with it yet?

Default Glenny

Glenny,
    Thanks for inquiring but the reason that I posted this is that I won a certificate for a Mathews “Promo Bow” for up to $679, at the Rinehart shoot in Holeman WI. Assuming the “Promo Bow” would be the one they are currently promoting, I thought I would try the Switchback, however thier “Promo Bow” happens to be the Classic. Mathews will not allow me to use the certificate towards another bow. The Mathews website shows the retail on the Classic @ around $560. so I would not get near the certificate value. I will gladly continue to shoot my Supertech as I feel it is far supperior to the Classic. My assumtion is that the Classic is somewhat older technology but I could be wrong. The cert. is good for a year so we’ll see if they switch it before time is up. Otherwise if that’s the way they want to play I’ll order one up for someone else and give them a break on it. You would think that Mathews would honor the thing for the amount of $$ that is says in the cert instead of playing their “Promo Bow” game. Tells me a something about the company. Why give away a $679.00 cert. and only have it apply to the one bow in the lineup that doesn’t sell? Do they have a bunch of spare parts around for the Classic. I thought a free bow certificate would be a great way to get someone to try a Mathews bow and possibly remain loyal to Mathews. However if the Classic remains the promo, then I will use it to help a friend upgrade and what ever $$ I get out of it will go towards a new Hoyt or Bowtech. Heck maybe one of those companies will honor it. Any comments are greatly appreciated. Thanks again

Default What ????

You talk to Chris about this yet?
    Why is it that the classic is there only promo....bow?
    It is last years bow....
    If I were you I would call mathews and ask them about the money value this certificate is worth and what you do want,which IS a Switchback....
    If they can tell you why there Classic from last year is there only promo bow,ask them for the sake of getting a mathews,you want the retail amount for a classic instead, so you can get a switchback.They really should honor your certificate for what it says it is worth,not a laughing matter to say the least.
    I know Chris sells them for almost about and around exactly that amount.
    If I won a certificate like that,and all I could get was a Classic,I would get it put it in a tree chipper and send it back to em in a bag and tell them there is something wrong with it,and you tryed fixing it,but it just wouldn't tune for ya...put a copy of the certificate in the bag and say thanks with a big smilyface on it that says HAVE A NICE DAY!

I don't know if I would do that until you talk to Chris first?,
    Hey Chris?
    Are ya out there?
    You smirkin at this one or what?

Thumbs down Mathews

Glenny,
    Yes I talked to Chris as soon as I won the thing. Also called Mathews they told me about the Classic being the Promo thing. I’ll have to come up with something, but like I said if it’s the Classic then I will sell it and never shoot a Mathews as long as I live because the value of the cert. would decrease by $120. up front and then who knows how much I would have to discount to sell it? The damn thing says up to $679.00 worth of "BOW" and I would expect to get that value of watever I want from Mathews. I should have traded it to the guy who one the "2ND" best prize at the "MATHEWS" shoot. It was a certificate for the bow of choice from Bowtech. It's a shame that Bowtech can donate more to a Rinehart shoot then Mathews when Mathew is supposed to be the one to sponsor it.

Question I don't understand

I can't say as I'd be that disappointed over a free $520 bow... and the fact that your free bow isn't the exact one you want is enough to make you never want to own a Mathews? That doesn't make any sense to me whatsoever.

So if they wouldn't have donated any bow to the cause, that would have made them a better company?

You want a Harley and you won a Honda, and you're upset?

Take the bow, say thank you, sell it and get what you want. Or better yet, give me the free bow certificate. I own a Switchback and a Ferguson Longbow, and would happily take a freebie.

Cool

Timba,
    I think you have it backwards. The problem is that I own a Harley (Hoyt) and they want to give me a Honda (Mathews) then they should let me choose the best one

LOL.... Now that was funny.
    Chris Christenson - Admin
    3DShoots.com - Find Archery Shoots near you
    ObsessionArchery.com - Archery Supplies

Default ??

I still don't understand... not saying I'm right, but I don't understand.

You won the bow, right? And the bow that Mathews donated was the current "promo bow", which today happens to be the classic? You even said it was listed as "up to" $680 or whatever the dollar amount was? Sounds to me like it could have been worded better, but I'd think the words "promo bow" would have raised a red flag from the get-go.

I can understand you being disappointed that you didn't win exactly what you thought you may have won, but you still "won" (did you "earn" it, or "win" it?) a $500+ item... Disappointed, yes, but upset?

It just seems to me that you're looking a gift horse in the mouth, but that's just me.

Whichever, good luck! And I do hope they work with you and give you the better bow. The Classic is a good entry level bow, but it's definitely no Switchback, or VTEC, or Patriot.

Good luck, and shoot straight.
    -Tim

Default Mathews

Sorry if It sounds like I'm whining about winning something but it was a Mathews sponsored shoot. This was the "GRAND" ($679.00 on the cert)prize so one would assume that if you own a 2 year old bow you should be able to upgrade to a Mathews, so I was pretty excited. I am just saying that the company is a cheap one....... Bowtech also had a certificate in the mix for "One Bowtech Bow Of Choice", so obviously the bowtech was a no bull crap certificate worth a lot more money. (AT A MATHEWS SHOOT) Any how it's no big deal now and I'm sure the top of the line Mathews are ok but there is no proof that they are better than my current bow. I will just enjoy my Supertech and find someone else who wants the cheaper Mathews. Maybe I'll order it up to fit my wife and for me I'll never know if Mathews is any good or not, because after this I sure as heck wont by one.

I agree that you should be angry. You won you should get the bow of your choice. I am assuming(yes I know what that say) that the prize wasnt listed and you just received the prize. I know Hoyt would never do this to you. LOL
    start a petition I'll sign it for you and maybe Bowtech or Hoyt would help you out and make a deal of this..........poke poke

Default That Is Bull S%#t

SHOWS WHERE MATHEWS CUSTOMER SERVICE IS ON A SCALE OF 1-10.

BUY A BOW-TECH. VERY FAST AND FRIENDLY. NOT TO MENTION THEY UNDERSTAND HOW TO PROPERLY OFFER A PROMO-BOW INSTEAD OF GIVING AWAY THEIR NON-SELLING, YESTERDAYS TECHNOLOGY, PIECE OF SPIT.

Default bows of choice

Quote Originally Posted by Sportsman
    Alright guys & girls please help me out here. Which bow would you buy and why, if you could choose any Mathews, Hoyt, or Bowtech. Primarily 3-D & hunting but should shoot well on a field course. Right now I shoot a Hoyt Supertech and am VERY pleased but have the opportunity to upgrade. Thanks in advance for all of your knowledge, experience, ....and opinions
    I switched from a high ctry to a mathews this season and could not be happier.It has performed very well in the field and on the range.I shoot at least 25 arrows a day rain or shine 24-7 and the smoothness of the mathews is second to none.

Sportsman, it don't matter what you shoot when you double lung'em! but if you are a real hunter you would shoot a Mathews! and quit shootin' that Mickey Mouse bow!!

Wink That's funny Junior

But with my Supertech, I've rarely seen one go over 30-50yds. It's like they don't even know they've been hit. The noise from my arrow slamming into the dirt beneath(thru) them must scare them a bit.....then they just look back and fall over

Sportsman, I was just messin' with you about the mickey mouse bow! These days they are all good bows it's just what you prefer.

Default Bowtech

Buy a Bowtech and you'd own a Tecate. You'd blast by the Harley and the Honda at twice the speed and not so damned noisy..................