You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.
Results 1 to 4 of 4
  1. #1
    Senior Member Holy Smokes's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    in Dixie Home of the Brave and land of the Free
    Posts
    6,715

    Default KBH How close Are Ya to Fort Belvior

    I have read some great reviews about this Army Post up in Northern Va.
    I understand it bow only?
    Ever been there? Smokes



    Switchback xt BYC LOOP- SHOOT NOW56# 385gr 2312 Eclipse 100gr Muzzy 256fps SEPTER RANGER STRINGS, 4th axis,335 jammers @ 61# =285 fps

  2. #2
    are u a fat boy? kbohunt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Moseley,Va
    Posts
    3,237

    Default Northern va

    Quote Originally Posted by Holy Smokes View Post
    I have read some great reviews about this Army Post up in Northern Va.
    I understand it bow only?
    Ever been there? Smokes
    Nope iv never been there.
    I do know in northern va they closed deer season about 7 years ago, the deer were all over the place & they had to re-open 2 years ago some huge bucks were taken up there.
    If youve got a map i live in the corner of powatan & amelia county im about 20 miles from camp pickett.
    I have hunted there & up near you in pulaskey county at radford army amunition plant giant bucks!!!
    kbohunt

    Bows,07PSE,MOJO-3D,05Flash
    Arrows..beman ICS hunter
    SURE-LOCK sights..Extreme scopes..TT rest
    FBSA-MEMBER
    Wheely Custom Quivers & Poston Stab's..Made in The U.S.A

  3. #3
    Senior Member Holy Smokes's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    in Dixie Home of the Brave and land of the Free
    Posts
    6,715

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kbohunt View Post
    Nope iv never been there.
    I do know in northern va they closed deer season about 7 years ago, the deer were all over the place & they had to re-open 2 years ago some huge bucks were taken up there.
    If youve got a map i live in the corner of powatan & amelia county im about 20 miles from camp pickett.
    I have hunted there & up near you in pulaskey county at radford army amunition plant giant bucks!!!
    Yup heard about tha place never been there. I have always wanted ta go to Ft Belvior.
    Ya have ta git up there and go to a 1/2 day class and shoot and hit a paper plate size target 4 out of 5 times at 20 yards. <Cake>



    Switchback xt BYC LOOP- SHOOT NOW56# 385gr 2312 Eclipse 100gr Muzzy 256fps SEPTER RANGER STRINGS, 4th axis,335 jammers @ 61# =285 fps

  4. #4
    are u a fat boy? kbohunt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Moseley,Va
    Posts
    3,237

    Default paper plate

    Quote Originally Posted by Holy Smokes View Post
    Yup heard about tha place never been there. I have always wanted ta go to Ft Belvior.
    Ya have ta git up there and go to a 1/2 day class and shoot and hit a paper plate size target 4 out of 5 times at 20 yards. <Cake>
    In all of the gov. dept. lands in virginia you have to take a short bowhunter test 20 questions multi choice<cake> & you have to shoot from a 12ft platform & hit 2 out of 3 nine inch paper plate at 20yds & 30yds <cake>
    You get a bowhunter card for that year on all Government department owned and operated land with restrictions on times your aloud to hunt & archer quota.
    Example: lottery drawings for 40 archers on radford, 10 on sat only every week for four weeks.
    kbohunt

    Bows,07PSE,MOJO-3D,05Flash
    Arrows..beman ICS hunter
    SURE-LOCK sights..Extreme scopes..TT rest
    FBSA-MEMBER
    Wheely Custom Quivers & Poston Stab's..Made in The U.S.A

Similar Threads

  1. Shoot in a Napoleonic Fort England
    By Devon Archer in forum Tournament Discussions
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-14-2008, 05:29 PM
  2. Getting Close!
    By brandon45 in forum Bowhunting forum
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 05-29-2008, 03:44 AM
  3. How close to my scope...
    By Dredly in forum General Archery Forum
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 08-09-2007, 10:36 AM
  4. someone close to home
    By sleepytrucker in forum Beginners Archery Range
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 08-04-2007, 01:42 AM
  5. Fort Smith, Ark Shoot pictures
    By Daniel Boone in forum General Archery Forum
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 07-23-2007, 10:46 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •