You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.

Thread: Good 3D Targets

Default Good 3D Targets

Im looking for a new 3D target. I had a Delta but I hate those stupid plastic legs, when you hit them it can be near impossible to pull out. Are there any cheaper 3D targets that dont have plastic legs?

Usually Good 3D Targets and Cheap 3D Targets do not go in the same sentence. The best ones are Rineharts. They are also the most expensive. They do however last the longest and easy to pull arrows from.

One option I can think of is the Glendell buck. Not sure if that is how it's spelled. It has a layered foam core.

how bout the new ones made by the people who make the block? they any good?
    Here's my setup Mathews Outback, Alpine Soft-Loc 5 arrow Quiver, Impact Solo-site, NAP Quicktune 2000 RG Arrow rest, Vibracheck stabilizer, Sims Ultra Limb Savers, Scott Mongoose NCS Release. Shooting Easton Axis Arrows (400's)

"The beast is dead, Long live the beast!"

I have a R&W Deer that is 10 years old. I have replaced the vital twice. They have a dang good product in my opinion.

If R&W has a website, I can't find it.

Here is a link to some pics of the targets on Archery Exchange.....

R&W Targets

Our club uses McKensie targets for shoots. They are good ones. I just prefer the R&W for personal use. They really hold up.
    Take a kid with you. Show them the Great Outdoors. Pass it on.

TUFF SHOT Mckenzie targets are a good cheap target... They have IBO scoring rings on one side and vitals on the other.. It has a replaceable mid section.. Average cost for one is about 100 dollars.. They dont have a big variety.. I think they have a Hog, Deer, Bear, and Turkey.. Bass Pro Shop sells them.. I dont know of any other place..

I have had the Morrell Bionic buck for many years... you can pull your arrow out with two fingers. I have shot many targets and I feel this is definately the best. They are also affordable at $164. I plan on buying the Bionic Bear next.

You want to remember the old saying you get what you pay for. Rineharts are the best out there, they hold up great, and you can get the inserts with no delays. The glendale buck, has some difficulty in the layered foam. fine if you hit it right, impossible to get arrow out if you hit it anywhere else. Try a Rinehart youll never go back. There targets are carried in Gander Mtn. stores nationwide.

RINEHARTS There is none other. They hold up & are easy to pull arrows out of. They also have IBO & ASA inserts.

one of the best out there is Rinehart 3d Targets. They are alittle expensive, but its the old saying you get what you pay for. try a little one, you wont go back to the others.

Don't hit the legs.....
    ha aha
    Good shooting to you!

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Play4u2
    Don't hit the legs.....
    ha aha
    Good shooting to you!
    LOL that is what I was fixing to say

I like the deltas because they are less expensive yet they are still a quality target for the price. but you cant beat the quality of the rinehart targets and the selection. I wish they would make a bavk yard buck that is a little less expensive so I could afford one for the house.

My vote is for Rinehart, too. McKenzie is too hard to pull arrows, and the price has really shot up of late---unless you buy the el-cheapo's. Those are the $100 variety, or less. Since using the Rineharts I can honestly say that McKenzie has some catching up to do. They've sat on their laurels long enough.

Mckenzies are POC compaired to Rineharts!