You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 28
  1. #1
    Senior Member Southernfryedyankee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    SC
    Posts
    955

    Default The string silencers on my Bowtechs strings are breaking

    The little arms are finally bustin off of them. What should I replace them with?
    Her hair glistened in the rain like a nose hair after a sneeze.

    http://www.godscountryoutdoors.net
    http://http://www.meanvarchery.com/home.html

  2. #2
    Senior Member 'SIN'ERGY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Reading PA
    Posts
    1,143

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nylouie516 View Post
    The little arms are finally bustin off of them. What should I replace them with?

    If you like those you can get the same ones to replace them with. Or see how it sounds without them, I know a guy that took them off and put a STS on and loves it. Sounds the same as it did before.
    SAVE A BUCK--SHOOT AN OUTFITTER

  3. #3
    are u a fat boy? kbohunt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Moseley,Va
    Posts
    3,237

    Default string's

    Quote Originally Posted by nylouie516 View Post
    The little arms are finally bustin off of them. What should I replace them with?
    Man ny, is your bow fallin apart or are you shootin the strings off it ?
    Your d loop is frayin & your wiskers are commin apart!
    2 choices replacem or buy a new rig.
    I know a guy,when he needs brakes on his truck he just trades it in on a new one.
    If you shoot that much u might want to invest in a backup rig if u dont allready have one!
    kbohunt

    Bows,07PSE,MOJO-3D,05Flash
    Arrows..beman ICS hunter
    SURE-LOCK sights..Extreme scopes..TT rest
    FBSA-MEMBER
    Wheely Custom Quivers & Poston Stab's..Made in The U.S.A

  4. #4
    Senior Member Southernfryedyankee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    SC
    Posts
    955

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kbohunt View Post
    Man ny, is your bow fallin apart or are you shootin the strings off it ?
    Your d loop is frayin & your wiskers are commin apart!
    2 choices replacem or buy a new rig.
    I know a guy,when he needs brakes on his truck he just trades it in on a new one.
    If you shoot that much u might want to invest in a backup rig if u dont allready have one!
    I KNOW I have been shooting alot. I definitly dont need a new bow (knock on wood) even the last D-loop frayed alot Im gonna get some q tips tomorrow and check for a burr on my release even on my draw check tool. As far as the string silencers "arms" coming off I think it has to do with the STS system stopping that string on a dime because I didnt have that particular issue till I put the STS on.
    Her hair glistened in the rain like a nose hair after a sneeze.

    http://www.godscountryoutdoors.net
    http://http://www.meanvarchery.com/home.html

  5. #5
    are u a fat boy? kbohunt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Moseley,Va
    Posts
    3,237

    Default sts

    Quote Originally Posted by nylouie516 View Post
    I KNOW I have been shooting alot. I definitly dont need a new bow (knock on wood) even the last D-loop frayed alot Im gonna get some q tips tomorrow and check for a burr on my release even on my draw check tool. As far as the string silencers "arms" coming off I think it has to do with the STS system stopping that string on a dime because I didnt have that particular issue till I put the STS on.
    Im glade to here that. You dont hear much about the pros & cons of the sts system.
    When new products come on the market alot of people just want the new gadget & some times theres drawbacks that people dont see until later!!
    Any way if you cant get the release thing stright,that shouldnt be a costly fix unless you use an expensive one.
    You might want to change to a metal d-loop thats what i use on all my bows after a rope d-loop exploded on me in front of a nice buck,would never change back!
    Last edited by kbohunt; 05-01-2007 at 10:11 PM.
    kbohunt

    Bows,07PSE,MOJO-3D,05Flash
    Arrows..beman ICS hunter
    SURE-LOCK sights..Extreme scopes..TT rest
    FBSA-MEMBER
    Wheely Custom Quivers & Poston Stab's..Made in The U.S.A

  6. #6
    I pray for you! BUNNYMAN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    the Hutch
    Posts
    29,901

    Default

    get some BowJax.....they rock....
    I cut things up and split them down!

  7. #7
    Bisquit....... BowhuntnHoosier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Hoosierville
    Posts
    13,884

    Default

    You better just go buy a Mathews. J/K I have never used anthing on my strings except for CATWHISKERS. So are the Bowjax any good??? How much are they???


    "HONDA"

  8. #8
    are u a fat boy? kbohunt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Moseley,Va
    Posts
    3,237

    Default bowjax

    They work
    Like stickin little rubber dog bones between your strings.
    kbohunt

    Bows,07PSE,MOJO-3D,05Flash
    Arrows..beman ICS hunter
    SURE-LOCK sights..Extreme scopes..TT rest
    FBSA-MEMBER
    Wheely Custom Quivers & Poston Stab's..Made in The U.S.A

  9. #9
    I pray for you! BUNNYMAN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    the Hutch
    Posts
    29,901

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BowhuntnHoosier View Post
    You better just go buy a Mathews. J/K I have never used anthing on my strings except for CATWHISKERS. So are the Bowjax any good??? How much are they???
    now you want me to go out to the truck????
    I cut things up and split them down!

  10. #10
    I pray for you! BUNNYMAN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    the Hutch
    Posts
    29,901

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kbohunt View Post
    They work
    Like stickin little rubber dog bones between your strings.
    pretty much!!!
    I cut things up and split them down!

  11. #11
    Bisquit....... BowhuntnHoosier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Hoosierville
    Posts
    13,884

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BOWMAN View Post
    now you want me to go out to the truck????
    Why would I want you to go out to the truck??


    "HONDA"

  12. #12
    I pray for you! BUNNYMAN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    the Hutch
    Posts
    29,901

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BowhuntnHoosier View Post
    Why would I want you to go out to the truck??
    you asked how much they were and I have the dealer price sheet in the truck.....
    I cut things up and split them down!

  13. #13
    Senior Member Holy Smokes's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    in Dixie Home of the Brave and land of the Free
    Posts
    6,715

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BowhuntnHoosier View Post
    Why would I want you to go out to the truck??
    Could it possibly be that is where he keeps all his receipts so Marie won't know how much he has invested in ARCHERY?



    Switchback xt BYC LOOP- SHOOT NOW56# 385gr 2312 Eclipse 100gr Muzzy 256fps SEPTER RANGER STRINGS, 4th axis,335 jammers @ 61# =285 fps

  14. #14
    I pray for you! BUNNYMAN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    the Hutch
    Posts
    29,901

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Holy Smokes View Post
    Could it possibly be that is where he keeps all his receipts so Marie won't know how much he has invested in ARCHERY?
    you stop that right now and please delete that post........












































    she may see it........
    I cut things up and split them down!

  15. #15
    Bisquit....... BowhuntnHoosier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Hoosierville
    Posts
    13,884

    Default

    No need to run to the truck. As for the receipts I am sure she already knows.


    "HONDA"

  16. #16
    I pray for you! BUNNYMAN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    the Hutch
    Posts
    29,901

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BowhuntnHoosier View Post
    No need to run to the truck. As for the receipts I am sure she already knows.
    I am sure she dont....for I would not be here typing if she new.....
    I cut things up and split them down!

  17. #17
    Bisquit....... BowhuntnHoosier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Hoosierville
    Posts
    13,884

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BOWMAN View Post
    I am sure she dont....for I would not be here typing if she new.....
    That reminds me of a joke I was e-mailed.

    The Broken Mower

    When our lawn mower broke and wouldn't run, my wife kept hinting to me that I should get it fixed. But, somehow I always had something else to take care of first, the truck, the car, playing golf - always something more important to me.

    Finally she thought of a clever way to make her point. When I arrived home one day, I found her seated in the tall grass, busily snipping away with a tiny pair of sewing scissors. I watched silently for a short time and then went into the house. I was gone only a minute, and when I came out again I handed her a toothbrush.

    I said, "When you finish cutting the grass, you might as well sweep the driveway."

    The doctors say I will walk again, but I will always have a limp.

    Moral to this story : Marriage is a relationship in which one person is always right, and the other is the husband.


    "HONDA"

  18. #18
    Wheely Threads Wheely's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Oregon
    Posts
    5,602

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BowhuntnHoosier View Post
    That reminds me of a joke I was e-mailed.

    The Broken Mower

    When our lawn mower broke and wouldn't run, my wife kept hinting to me that I should get it fixed. But, somehow I always had something else to take care of first, the truck, the car, playing golf - always something more important to me.

    Finally she thought of a clever way to make her point. When I arrived home one day, I found her seated in the tall grass, busily snipping away with a tiny pair of sewing scissors. I watched silently for a short time and then went into the house. I was gone only a minute, and when I came out again I handed her a toothbrush.

    I said, "When you finish cutting the grass, you might as well sweep the driveway."

    The doctors say I will walk again, but I will always have a limp.

    Moral to this story : Marriage is a relationship in which one person is always right, and the other is the husband.
    JOKE?? Sounds like a true story to me

  19. #19
    Bisquit....... BowhuntnHoosier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Hoosierville
    Posts
    13,884

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wheels3 View Post
    JOKE?? Sounds like a true story to me
    Hmmm...................could be.


    "HONDA"

  20. #20
    Senior Member Holy Smokes's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    in Dixie Home of the Brave and land of the Free
    Posts
    6,715

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BowhuntnHoosier View Post
    Hmmm...................could be.
    I have learned i can be right or I can be happy. I have often quoted this and my Rosebud reminded me of that this am. Smokes



    Switchback xt BYC LOOP- SHOOT NOW56# 385gr 2312 Eclipse 100gr Muzzy 256fps SEPTER RANGER STRINGS, 4th axis,335 jammers @ 61# =285 fps

Similar Threads

  1. Right way to install String silencers?
    By Mathews Man in forum General Archery Forum
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 06-04-2008, 11:43 AM
  2. string silencers
    By southernbowhunter in forum General Archery Forum
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 08-13-2007, 09:21 PM
  3. String Silencers
    By Mepperson in forum Bowhunting forum
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 08-01-2007, 12:09 AM
  4. Breaking news! Mathews...
    By Dredly in forum General Archery Forum
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 11-22-2006, 03:05 PM
  5. More Breaking News....
    By BUNNYMAN in forum General Archery Forum
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 11-22-2006, 12:38 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •