You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.

Hybrid View

Default Archery check in stations 4 WN County Illinois?

Is it confirmed yet that we just call in all bow harvested deer and that the only CWD testing that will occur is for shotgunners? I keep checking the DNR site but I don't see it.

Default Anybody out there bow hunt in WN county?

Isn't anyone planning on bow hunting this year? I'm not to worried about CWD aspect, I have taken many deer even from the CWD hot zone and even a 4+ year old doe didn't test positive. My concern is the lazy DNR creating this call in system to record deer. Now people will use there same set of tags all year long instead of buying more and call in Bucks as Does to avoid the 2 buck max. This could really jeopardize the deer herd if people don't practice quality deer management.

Default As far as it goes.

The only check stations that will be available would be for for testing perhaps?,where I do not know?
    I know that when I take my deer to be processed they can have it checked there if I want to.
    I am sure that all the deer in my property does not have it,and told them that from the getgo.
    They came out to do there survey the year before last to see if they could find CWD here.
    They also said they only shot 5 or 6 deer,the owner got a letter from the DNR saying that there final result was 15 deer killed and tested.no cwd.
    This really has no signifigance to us on saving any money on deer tags or license or even a place to hunt,lease,or check in my deer really.
    I do however wonder why this is such a big deal to go about saving money for the dnr.
    Will this make it so that they can roam around during archery season and check people in there property for tags or licenses more often?
    What are they gonna do with all this spare time?Build a park?
    I think that they should really consider opening up the parks for archery season for a fee if they want to make even some more money,and who don't?
    Instead of trying to save it by leaving it wide open to having deer not being checked in,after all,there are more deer in the parks than anywhere I know of to hunt.
    A signifigance of management for all wildlife species is never considered ere in winn.,I know the deer are so thick in some parks due to all the subdivisions going up that they deer don't have much a choice of where to go.The winn. board made them decisions for development without any consideration for anything but more money for property taxes.
    Who on the board said you can't hunt in city limits?pretty soon all of it will be city limits.
    A decision that soley is made by the board to say the least of what does get built or located for development.they don't ask the DNR if the building a 3 lane highway and 7 subdivisions on a certain 500 acre wooded area would affect a deer or turkey population or even a bug population...They want walmart shopping close to home.
    Then the Dnr can relocate hundreds of turkeys all over the place due to numbers being so high in the parks?,why is it any different with deer management is the question.
    I seldom think that the broad picture of what does save the dnr money doesn't...
    This is really funny, how come every county around us,or next to us seems to think of ways of making deer or wildlife managemnt or even hunting better except Winn.county.I think of what the county does for the DNR is avoid them as much as possible.
    They obviously don't need checkstations....
    It is the facts that this is about making money,not saving it,and as for who gets the money?.... is the question? If ya ask me,of course anyone who is making the money off development would see or understand no signifigance in this matter and would tend to dissagree or vote against hunting or managing it for wildlife,because it is not a matter of wildlife management,but how to make even more money.
    The state made the decisions to remove all checkstations for deer this year perhaps due to what,insufficeint funding?
    Why not,there too busy making parks and wildlife management areas around here for sure.
    Right?
    Checkstations are like wildlife management areas,who needs em'
    BLAH BLAH BLAH

I talked to the DNR yesterday. They confirmed, No Archery checkstations. You will phone in your deer harvest.
    Chris Christenson - Admin
    3DShoots.com - Find Archery Shoots near you
    ObsessionArchery.com - Archery Supplies

Default Imagine that

I thought that's what the lack of information was pointing to on the DNR sight. Wonder if it has something to do with Blagojevich tightening up the $$ for the DNR. This state pisses me off more every year as far as hunting and fishing goes. Many of us already go to the Illinios State Park (WISCONSIN) to fish and ATV, WHEN I have to do it to hunt I will move across the border. Maybe they are saving money to buy up the remainer of the river bottoms & wetlands to prevent us from hunting at all. CWD doesn't bother me much but what kind of message is sent by ignoring it? Perhaps they need to save enough money to provide a successful poaching season this year for the Forest Preserve's and DNR? I do feel for them though they need more ATV's, Rifles, Scopes,Spot lights, and Bait Piles. However make sure you as a citizen don't use any of the above, be an ethical hunter, and don't worry about the CWD.

Default Checkstations are a good thing.

You had to take your deer into a checkstation,register them there,no questions.
    I would say all you got to do to get a poached deer is make it home.
    Now that you don't do that the only 2 people who will ever even know you got a deer are your processor or your taxidermist.
    How will this work?
    You call the Dnr at there hours to recieve a number they give you?
    If I shoot a deer and can't get it into a processor because they are not open I am going to be so steamed.
    Anyone got the lowdown on how this is gonna happen?
    I am still waiting for tags to come into the shop.