You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.

Default Newbie needing answers to the 64 thousand dollar question....Drenalin or Guardian????

I find that going to the "real professionals" (people who live and breathe this kind of stuff) is the best way to make a decision. I'm going to upgrade my bow that I have been shooting for 10 years. I've been reading online and in magazines and I can't seem to find out which one is better the Mathews Drenalin or the Bowtech Guardian. I went today and shot them both. I would shoot 2 arrows from one, put it down and then shoot two arrows from the other. I then would shoot one arrow from one and then one arrow from the other. Folks I have to tell you.....I can't tell the difference! It's crazy..I know. I can speak from experience from friends who shoot Mathews. They stand behind their product. The salesman told me he has two sons and one shoots a Mathews and one a Bowtech. He said they both love them. He shoots a Mathews, but it was given to him. He couldn't help me make the decision. He did say that he gets better results when he tries to contact Mathews. He said he always has to leave messages and then someone has to return his call when he deals with Bowtech. Long story short "I had a friend who bought a Mathews second hand from an online auction website. He shot a huge buck one day and in all the excitement laid his bow down, went to get his truck to load the deer and forgot all about his bow and backed the truck over his bow. Dummie! He bent one of his riser's. He called Mathews up, told them the story and they told him...we appreciate your honesty and fixed his bow for shipping charges only! Now that's standing behind your product and he is a Mathews fan for life. I have yet to find someone who can speak about Bowtech's service after the sale. Bottom line comes to $30 bucks. The Mathews is $699 and the Bowtech is $669. Can someone help me here?

They are both great bows, shoot them both and buy the one that feels the most comfortable. Personally, I think the guardian is the best between the two. But, I shot those two and the vectrix xl and am now a happy owner of a vectrix xl.

Carbon Matrix

Certified NASP Instructor

Thanks! If I can't make up my mind....I'll probably try the Hoyt.

Quote Originally Posted by Chillypete View Post
    Thanks! If I can't make up my mind....I'll probably try the Hoyt.
    Doesn't hurt to shoot it and try it out. I would go out and shoot every bow I could before making a purchase. Don't chose a bow just because a friend tells you it is the best one out there. All my friends shoot matthews and they give me a hard time because I shoot a hoyt. I did shoot matthews the last three years. But, I wanted a new bow this year and after shooting a few, my preference was with the new hoyt.

Carbon Matrix

Welcome to you.....hope you enjoy your stay

ummm did you shoot ANY other bows??

if its that tuff maybe a blindfold is in order......close your eyes and point.....

the only thing I noticed between the 2 was the Guardian feels heavier to me....but I like a little more weight in my bows.....

will this be a hunting only bow or are you going to be the next Jeff Hopkins???
    I cut things up and split them down!

Default Both are good!

Its your decision bud!
    Thats a hard one,i heard the bowtech is a better bow,& ive heard if you dont like it that next year maybe you want to get a new model the mathews holds its value better!
    Me id try more than these two The new browning marage Risor is awesome Picked up more speed this year,The pse X-force fastest in town.
    There are a lot of great bows out this year i wouldnt say these two are the best!
    Find the one that feels good in your hand! The grip on bows desides it for me!
    kbohunt

Bows,07PSE,MOJO-3D,05Flash
    Arrows..beman ICS hunter
    SURE-LOCK sights..Extreme scopes..TT rest
    FBSA-MEMBER
    Wheely Custom Quivers & Poston Stab's..Made in The U.S.A

I will be using this Bow primarily for hunting. I've done some research on the new PSE also. PSE is what I have always shot in the past but for about $100 bucks more, its not worth picking up a few more feet per second. Thanks for all your help

Welcome to the forum....
    nothingtodo18.gif

I would save myself some dough and find a 1-2 year old used bow inthe classifieds and use the money saved to get some really good accesories....

Quote Originally Posted by BOWMAN View Post
    I would save myself some dough and find a 1-2 year old used bow inthe classifieds and use the money saved to get some really good accesories....
    Not a bad idea, you will not notice a whole lot of difference in a bow that is 1-2 years old versus one of the new models. There are only minor differences.

Carbon Matrix

to the forum glad you joined and posted up. Now this is only my opinion but I disagree on the used bow purchase. If you are like me I buy a new bow about every 10 years or so. So when I purchase I want new top of the line. Not neccisarily the new years model but a new bow whether it be a Dren or a 2007 SB XT. If money is tight then go with the used ones. But you definately need to shoot as many bows as possible.

Now to your question I personally liked the Dren more than the Guardian. So if I were buying one right now it would be the Dren. But there are many other bows out there I would have to shoot first before deciding. Good luck and have FUN

"HONDA"

Thanks everyone for the advice. I definately want a new bow. I have never been one to go the used route. I'm sure there are some good used bows out there, but I'm a little picky about my stuff. I guess anal retentive would be a better term. I am upgrading for the first time in 10 years myself and hopefully I will be happy with my decision for the next 10 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Chillypete View Post
    Thanks everyone for the advice. I definately want a new bow. I have never been one to go the used route. I'm sure there are some good used bows out there, but I'm a little picky about my stuff. I guess anal retentive would be a better term. I am upgrading for the first time in 10 years myself and hopefully I will be happy with my decision for the next 10 years.
    one bow i also think you should go look at is the Diamond Black Ice......great looking, balanced very well, awsome grip.....