You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.

Thread: Foc

Default Foc

I was wondering how many of you worry about FOC on your arrows?

I always make sure that my FOC for my arrows is about 10% for 3DÖ On my hunting arrows, I donít care as long as I can hit a target and group at 20 and 30 yards.

About 8% on both my hunting and 3d arrows.
    www.Missouriwhitetails.com
    Trophy Rock Pro Staff
    Hunt Hard, Hunt Safe, Pass It On

in Dixie Home of the Brave and land of the Free

I do have tha tool guide ta do it but I haven't done it since tha late 80's as my arrers would not make it. I have been gettin' some really good flight out of em'.

Please do entertain us with the thoughts on the Front Of Center weight system and how it works. thanks Smokes

Switchback xt BYC LOOP- SHOOT NOW56# 385gr 2312 Eclipse 100gr Muzzy 256fps SEPTER RANGER STRINGS, 4th axis,335 jammers @ 61# =285 fps

Quote Originally Posted by Holy Smokes View Post
    I do have tha tool guide ta do it but I haven't done it since tha late 80's as my arrers would not make it. I have been gettin' some really good flight out of em'.

Please do entertain us with the thoughts on the Front Of Center weight system and how it works. thanks Smokes
    Entertain? I'm sure I can be entertaining at times, but this won't be one of them.

I am wondering if everyone (or any) is concerned with it as I am ....or is it like paper tuning (over rated).

With arrows and vanes as light as they are now and point weights that have not changed (for me), I have not thought much about it and don't measure it or anything. It would be interesting to see the difference in the flight of arrows with different FOC percentages, all other things being equal (total arrow weight and length, same bow).

Ron

As long as the pointy thing hits the target I don't care.

"HONDA"

I started using more FOC (12% or higher) Seems like my groups are better and its a little more forgiving

Quote Originally Posted by Jay Are View Post
    Entertain? I'm sure I can be entertaining at times, but this won't be one of them.

I am wondering if everyone (or any) is concerned with it as I am ....or is it like paper tuning (over rated).
    Nope!! I never even worry about FOC . As long as I'm spined correctly and its paper tuned. I have never needed to worry about it.
    I would like to thank all my sponsers:Alpine Archery Pro Staff, Tru-Ball Releases Staff , Hydronics Archery Pro Staff,Victory Arrows Staff, Bohning Archery , Vibra-Check , TP Scope Lenses Pro Staff, Mossy Oak Pro Staff....
    RANGER BOW STRINGS

My FOC on ACC 3-60's are 11.04% with a total grain difference of 1.5. I worry more about my total grain difference, tuning and form more than anything.
    Keith
    NBEF Instructor
    South Dakota - Iowa

I check it to make sure I have a minimum of 8-10%.....but after that, if they fly good, dont worry about it.....
    I cut things up and split them down!

Quote Originally Posted by BowhuntnHoosier View Post
    As long as the pointy thing hits the target I don't care.
    I think the same way.
    08 Constitution 50# 29"
    08 Allegiance 70#
    07 Guardian 77#
    http://www.3dshoots.com/forums/index.php?referrerid=478
    FBSA Member