You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.

Thread: deer attractant

Talking deer attractant

Hey has anyone used that stuff deer craze or any of that type of stuff. I was looking at it I have never tried any of it. Hell it smells like candy any knowledge out there on this stuff I would like to hear the goods and bads does any of it work.
    You never know untill you try

no I havent. but I use Lucky buck. It works awesome. I go through about 8 buckets every hunting season and about 6 buckets in the off season. The minerals and sweet smell and taste really attract the deer. Plus it really helps horn size and mass. We have been using it for 3 years now. and have noticed the amount of bucks in the area that werent on the trail cams in the prior years. Also, the 3 bucks we were watching that had some promise. Averaged 2-4" in length per year. they are brothers and 2 1/2 years old. they started out as 6 and 4 pointers when we found them 1 1/2 years ago and are 8 and 10 pointers. the 10 has a drop tine w/ some nice mass. I am a firm beleiver in this stuff.
    I would like to thank all my sponsers:Alpine Archery Pro Staff, Tru-Ball Releases Staff , Hydronics Archery Pro Staff,Victory Arrows Staff, Bohning Archery , Vibra-Check , TP Scope Lenses Pro Staff, Mossy Oak Pro Staff....
    RANGER BOW STRINGS

Well thanks for the info I'll look into that. I would like to start using something I have found an area that has about 4 huge trails coming out of the huge wooded area that all run into one area that all seem to head out into this huge field where I am sure the deer are going to in the evening time. So I figure it would be a good place to set up a stand and maybe put some of this stuff out to see how the deer react to it. I want to use this area for experimenting with different things to see how it all works.
    You never know untill you try

Default Scent's!

I use several scents,lure's,& attractant's
    In the off season, just last week, i tilled up a area about 50yds by 50yds
    Planted bio-logic green/patch mixed with imperial whitail clover.
    I have a lock-on stand at one end & a ladder stand 15yds off a trail comming in 80yds away. this set-up has downed 6 bucks in the last three years.
    I counted 20 does & fawns at one time in this patch.

Scents: I use Tinks,silver vixion foxpee
    Tinks-69 doe in rut
    Buck-stop white oak acorn jell, this stuff is awesome but draws misquito's when it's hot out.
    Also when you set-up your food-plot in the spring put out a large miniral block & a salt block to help drawem before the greens come up,then leave it alone until that magic time!!!!!!!

This patch is set-up in the middle of 800acres,on a gas line with nothing on it but pines & oaks and 2 creeks around it, no crops near by thats why all the deer in the area come to it until the acorns drop, so early october it works!

Dont waste your time planting a food plot if its right next or across the road from a corn field it wont get as much attention, as if it was by itself.
    Use your head & think like a deer & you'll see & take more.
    Good, luck!
    kbohunt

Bows,07PSE,MOJO-3D,05Flash
    Arrows..beman ICS hunter
    SURE-LOCK sights..Extreme scopes..TT rest
    FBSA-MEMBER
    Wheely Custom Quivers & Poston Stab's..Made in The U.S.A

yep!! I've got a few honey holes in the deep woods that I food plotted w/ my quad.
    I would like to thank all my sponsers:Alpine Archery Pro Staff, Tru-Ball Releases Staff , Hydronics Archery Pro Staff,Victory Arrows Staff, Bohning Archery , Vibra-Check , TP Scope Lenses Pro Staff, Mossy Oak Pro Staff....
    RANGER BOW STRINGS

IVE USED XTREME SCENTS... ITS WORKS GREAT... THEY HAVE ALOT OF DIFFERNT STUFF. THEY ARE A LOCAL COMPANY AND THERE STARTING TO EXPLODE! HERES A LINK IF YOU WANT TO CHECK THEM OUT. http://www.xtremescents.com/xtreme/
    FBSA MEMBER
    http://www.thefbsa.com/
    counting down till next season!

sorry about all caps.... didnt notice at the time..
    FBSA MEMBER
    http://www.thefbsa.com/
    counting down till next season!