You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.

Default Hoyt Man with Mathews Questions

I was looking for a Good bow for shooting indoor and outdoor spots with. I am looking into another ProElite or a ProTec but I have some questions about some mathews. Would the Ovation be a good bow for shooting spots? I know that the Apex is good and I have looked at some C3 and C4's but I searched the ovations and it seems you could probably get some a little cheaper. I don't know that much about mathews but just trying to keep the options open........Also is draw length changes on mathews a big deal or is it pretty resonable? Any help would be great
    Target: Hoyt ProElite XT3000 C2, 60# 30", CBE Quad Lite, CBE 3x .019, Trophy Taker, Easton Fatboy 400's(indoor) lightspeed 400 (outdoor)

Hunting: 2009 Alphamax35 (Blacked out) 70#, 29", HHA Slider, Bisquit, Easton ACC 3-60, Rage 100 gr. 2 blade

you really that desperate?? LOL
    I would like to thank all my sponsers:Alpine Archery Pro Staff, Tru-Ball Releases Staff , Hydronics Archery Pro Staff,Victory Arrows Staff, Bohning Archery , Vibra-Check , TP Scope Lenses Pro Staff, Mossy Oak Pro Staff....
    RANGER BOW STRINGS

just keepin an open mind
    Target: Hoyt ProElite XT3000 C2, 60# 30", CBE Quad Lite, CBE 3x .019, Trophy Taker, Easton Fatboy 400's(indoor) lightspeed 400 (outdoor)

Hunting: 2009 Alphamax35 (Blacked out) 70#, 29", HHA Slider, Bisquit, Easton ACC 3-60, Rage 100 gr. 2 blade

Quote Originally Posted by Radar View Post
    I was looking for a Good bow for shooting indoor and outdoor spots with. I am looking into another ProElite or a ProTec but I have some questions about some mathews. Would the Ovation be a good bow for shooting spots? I know that the Apex is good and I have looked at some C3 and C4's but I searched the ovations and it seems you could probably get some a little cheaper. I don't know that much about mathews but just trying to keep the options open........Also is draw length changes on mathews a big deal or is it pretty resonable? Any help would be great
    I picked up a very nice used Ovation from a seller on this site for indoor 5 spot and it's awsome. I'm not sure I'd shoot it for unknown yardage like 3D since it's a pretty slow bow, relatively speaking. It's rock solid and I don't regret for an instant picking it up. I 'normally' shoot Bowtech/Diamond. Goes to show you that you don't have to be brand loyal. Just shoot what feels comfortable. I love that Ovation.

Ron

I know a couple of people that love shooting the ovation for indoors. I've had many say it's the best indoor bow mathews every produced. Don't count it out, that's for sure.
    Chris Christenson - Admin
    3DShoots.com - Find Archery Shoots near you
    ObsessionArchery.com - Archery Supplies

Ovation is a great indoor bow.....very solid.....nice shooting bow....If you have at least a 28 inch draw you should be fine......

there are a bunch of guys on this site I beleive that are shooting ovations for indoor spots......
    I cut things up and split them down!

I am a 30" Draw. I was really considering the ovation but it seems all the ones I find are 70# with a 27 or 28" draw. Not in any big hurry right now just trying to look ahead. Plus maybe use it for field league........ not sure....... I would still like to find a Protec or a ProElite like my other one. I figured get something close to what I am shooting for 3D's and am very comfortable with. But Like I said before........trying to keep an open mind

I am a 30" Draw. I was really considering the ovation but it seems all the ones I find are 70# with a 27 or 28" draw. Not in any big hurry right now just trying to look ahead. Plus maybe use it for field league........ not sure....... I would still like to find a Protec or a ProElite like my other one. I figured get something close to what I am shooting for 3D's and am very comfortable with. But Like I said before........trying to keep an open mind
    You said it right. Keep an open mind. There are a lot of really nice shooting bows out there. I'm finding that out and I am really humbled by what the manufacturers have these days.

Another really nice bow for target is the Bowtech Commander. Oh man it's a really nice shooter. It also seems to be quite a bit faster than the Ovation so it might be a good candidate for indoor and 3D and hunting (if you like the longer ATA). I just cannot justify forking up the cash for one.

Ron

The Ovation is an awesome shooter especially for spots when you do not have to worry about speed.

"HONDA"

I shoot an Ovation for spots and love it. I tried to shoot 3D with it, but I'm not that good at the yardage guessing game and it is just too slow.

Well I am not looking for speed, I have my Pro Elite Shooting fast enough, which is the bow that I shoot for 3D. I am just looking for a good 300 rnd/ Field bow.

Well I am not looking for speed, I have my Pro Elite Shooting fast enough, which is the bow that I shoot for 3D. I am just looking for a good 300 rnd/ Field bow.
    great 300 bow
    I cut things up and split them down!

Ya I look at all the specs and say hey......that thing should be a nail driver. But that is the same thing that I thought about the Bowtech constitution that I bought for 3D and hated it. I never even shot a 3d with it and sold it.