You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.

Default Looking for info on a few Mathews

LX, MQ1, and Legacy. Looking for a measurement. At brace, if you extended the string straight out past the cam, the distance from this line square down to the center of the cam's axle. I'm trying to get an idea of how much the lobe of the cams sticks out at brace. If you have one of these could you throw a tape or ruler on it please. Thanks.

If I am hearing what you are sayin, and doing it right, I put a magazine on my string and through the center of my cam, and the measurement was 2 1/8". Thats on a legacy. Hope this was it.

Looking for info on a few Mathews - General Archery Forum

Carl
    Last edited by CarlV; 05-21-2007 at 12:44 PM. Reason: needed to add pic

Lets see if the pic works.

Is this right?

Lets see if this works.

Hope this is right.

okay this thing is bein goofy. I measured mine and I got 2 1/8". Hope this goes through. Lets see if I did it right and gave you the measurement you were lookin for. This is for a legacy.

Hey Red. I am gonna try again. I got 2 1/8" on the measurement. If I understood you right. I have a pic but when I try to put it on here it gets anal.

If you go to the Mathews forums and PM Bob Jenkins with this question, he can probably tell you everything you need to know.
    Pathfinder Arrow Wraps

Thanks jc. I have the Legacy number, just need an LX and MQ1.

back up for this one.....so Papito is pestering me about the Icon....and he is also pesteringme about making it faster.....so here is my question.....

if we left the large Idler from the Icon on......and swictched to say a Prestige cam.....

#1....he isa 27.5 draw....would we order a 27.5 draw Prestige cam.....

#2....would it make it noticible faster???

#3....would it be better just to order a prestige cam and put a smaller idler whell on the bow....

#4....should we also look to getting heavier limbs for it or just leave the 40-50lbs limbs on it...the bow maxes at 55lbs....would the smaller cam get us to 60-65 lbs???

#5....has anybody here done anything like this???
    I cut things up and split them down!

Quote Originally Posted by BOWMAN View Post
    back up for this one.....so Papito is pestering me about the Icon....and he is also pesteringme about making it faster.....so here is my question.....

if we left the large Idler from the Icon on......and swictched to say a Prestige cam.....

I think you'd have to keep the diff in ATA and BH in mind. We know there is a 1 1/2 diff when going from an A cam to A7 cam. Ex: a 30" Apex cam on an A7 is 28.5", and we suspect the 26.5" A7 cam will be 25 on the Prestige. The icon is between the Prestige and A7 in ATA. BH diff between Prestige and Icon is what, 1 5/8", the prestige cam won't stick out as far at brace as the concentric cam, so not knowing where the brace height starts at makes it tough to figure which DL cam, but I think the BH is sure to be more than on the Prestige, probably closer to the A7.
    Million dollar question.
    #3....would it be better just to order a prestige cam and put a smaller idler whell on the bow....
    I would use the smaller wheel. Although the diff in circumfrence could be figured for string lenth, for some reason Mathews pairs all three bows that use this cam with the small wheel. Your not going to be able to keep the string bumpers in anyway.
    #4....should we also look to getting heavier limbs for it or just leave the 40-50lbs limbs on it...the bow maxes at 55lbs....would the smaller cam get us to 60-65 lbs???
    I'd try what you got first and see where you end up with for lbs. Hard to say, you'd think the smaller cam would bump up the lbs, it would on a wheel bow or dual cam, but look at the max cam/minimax, does the opposite.
    Not yet dang it, I waiting for you to.

Quote Originally Posted by BOWMAN View Post

Sounds like you need to talk to MACOLOS or Bob over at www.forums.mathewsinc.com I hope they can help you out.

"HONDA"

I pretty sure they would advise to use the cam that is made for the bow. Otherwise, any warrantee would be void. Not going to go there with this.

Quote Originally Posted by red44 View Post
    I pretty sure they would advise to use the cam that is made for the bow. Otherwise, any warrantee would be void. Not going to go there with this.
    this wont be a problem.....the Icon is not under Warrenty.....
    I cut things up and split them down!