You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.

Default Bowtech dillema....

just switching from Martin because of riser issues......Looking real hard at the Patriot VFT with the solo cam...any problems or any suggestions?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by buckshot047
    just switching from Martin because of riser issues......Looking real hard at the Patriot VFT with the solo cam...any problems or any suggestions?
    Thanks
    I have 3 Bowtech's....I have a 2000 Patriot Solo Cam, a 2001 Pro 38 Dually and a 2004 Patriot Dually. I like the Solo Cam Bow for it's high let-off and ease to keep tuned, but I would not part with either of my Dual Cam Bow's, they are far easier to shoot. They are more forgiving than a Solo Cam.........faster than a Solo Cam.........and a lot quieter too. It is a matter of Opinion to most, but in my case I would buy a Duallie. Just mark your cams as soon as you get it tuned and watch for string stretch and keep it adjusted to the marks on the Cams to keep it in tune. I think any Bowtech is a good purchase........even though I shoot Primitive and also build them!

I have the Partiot VFT with the with the infinity cam. It is my mainstay hunting rig.

It has a 7 inch brace height, thus it seems to be forgiving.

The bow balances decent right out of the box. But, I have found that adding the Specialty Archery Super Stix 12" stabilizer, with the balance moved forward, helped keep the bow down. It wanted to creep up while aiming.

Also, I found that my bow likes having the knocking point( I am using a loop) on the string set a little higher than the arrow rest. This gave me the best broadhead grouping.

This bow has been my most favored pick for hunting. It is very dependable. It's not twitchy, or, finicky. It just shoots well.

Altho, I have found that it does not like arrows that are the light side for spine. It seems to prefer a stiffer arrow than my target bow.

At 29 and 1/2" draw length, 67 pounds draw weight, the Easton Axis 340's with a 100 grain broadhead seem to be it's favorite ammo.

Hope all that helps!
    Take a kid with you. Show them the Great Outdoors. Pass it on.

Default I prefer the equalizer system.Binarys...

I started shooting the constitution around feb. for comp.
    I know I am shooting a Old Glory for hunting,quite the tackdriver,could have been shooting it for 3d's,oh well.
    I like the way it feels as it's easier to draw...the drawcycle is different,but the wall is a rock.
    60 feels like 55,and to let down????
    If ya don't get that shot of a lifetime on that buck...letting down is way smoother(it don't have that forceful yank) that a solo cam you can say does have.The one that pulls te arrow off the rest?
    I think that being 2 cams,it delivers the arrow out of the bow more accurately,it elminates knock travel and the thing does not lie to ya when it's finally setup.The arrows go where ya let em'go.
    I must recommend trying one out for a while and shooting this system more than a few shots.
    It will either grow on ya or you have to get use to it.Once ya do,
    Ya might figure it will be the way to go.It was for me.
    Last edited by glenny; 09-19-2005 at 08:45 AM.

Glenny is "right on" the issue of cams. IMO

My Patriot VFT with the single hard cam is not easy to let down. I practice "letting down", and doing it smoothly. If it weren't for me getting in shape to handle the bow, letting down smoothly would be nearly impossible. The single cam can be, no really is, hard to let down smoothly.

Actually, it is quite an issue to draw the bow smoothly. The bow has a break point that you have to anticipate while drawing. If you are drawing a weight that is on the high side of your muscle tone, you find that the end of the draw is a "CLICK" and "BUMP". Thus, time spent behind the bow is essential. And, you should never try to handle more draw weight than you can CONTROL.

The issue with knock travel is a "no brainer". My single hard cam does not provide that near perfect knock travel you will find in bows wth the equalizer binary cam bows. I know this because I have had to expend some time to "rest tune" and "knock tune" the bow. That is really not a big problem. I have learned my bow's preferences, and dislikes. You need to know what your bow does, and, how it reacts.

If you can keep yourself from becoming a draw weight and speed junky, you'll fair well with the hard cams. If you think that speed and draw weight makes you a better shooter, it would not matter what bow you are using, you will struggle. Most modern bows out perform the person shooting it. IMO
    Take a kid with you. Show them the Great Outdoors. Pass it on.

Just curious..What problems are you or have you had with Martin risers?

Default risers

bending the bottom pocket....now I find out that the dealer....BULLSEYE SPORTS IN MARSHFIELD, WI...must have switched the cams out...Martin did not make my bow in a single cam only a fury twin cam...gee I wonder why I had problems with it!

Default So they popped the cams out?

You think they swapped out the cams on you for a reason?that is a ballsy thing to do.
    They must have had some major issues with another bow,or they just decided to mae a bow of there own or what?
    Are they still in business?
    ha,ha.I wonder about that.
    I hope you are not going back there,sounds merely like a migrane waiting to happen.
    Last edited by glenny; 09-28-2005 at 08:24 AM.

Default crappy dealer

well its knid of funny they are no longer a Martin Dealer...I wonder why!