You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: T.h.e.

Default T.h.e.

What do you think of T.H.E. shoots?

I like the idea of it, and usually do pretty good shooting them.
    Just not real thrilled with their classes and divisions, being a woman bowhunter, hard to compete against an open shooter.

What are they? Never heard of them

T.H.E. True Hunting Ethics.. The Deerman's World shoot is held here in Oklahoma each year.. Several states have been having regional triple classic events.. I think it is mostly in the south-central. Just wondering if anyone else has shot any. they have a website the3d.org if you want to check it out.
    They score 15, 12, 10, -5, 0
    New Breed Archery
    Gold Tip - Spot-Hogg

I have shot about every Deermans that has been held here in Missouri starting 3 years ago. Except this year. Before I say more, I will say that I think the concept of the Deermans shoot is great, I really like the scoring system and most of the rules. I know they are big in OK and TX and those seem to be well run shoots.

But, I'am predicting that here in Missouri they are running short on servival time. I went to the MO State Championship this weekend, I shot the 1st shoot on saturday and didn't leave until after the second shoot started. I did not see a single Deerman Rep that day, they may have arrived after I left, but in my mind that is after the fact. I will also be surprized if they had more than 12 shooters the 1st day.

Like I said, they have a great organization going in Ok and TX from what I hear, but the individual state representation is whats going to make or break the Deermans in any piticular state. They have alot to work to do if they are going to make it in Missouri.
    www.Missouriwhitetails.com
    Trophy Rock Pro Staff
    Hunt Hard, Hunt Safe, Pass It On

Its the same here.. alot of frustrated people. I hope they make some changes.
    New Breed Archery
    Gold Tip - Spot-Hogg

probably like mostof the local hunting clubs around me......

3 guys do all the work.....and you cant pay to get people to show up and help.....
    I cut things up and split them down!

I like the concept...I've never shot one of the shoots or even scored a shoot that way though...

Quote Originally Posted by brokenarrow View Post
    I like the concept...I've never shot one of the shoots or even scored a shoot that way though...

Your not going to find a better concept for 3d in my book and I personally would like to see more clubs do some scoring like these are done. From most of the people I have shot with and talked to here in Mo.( and thats alot) they use 3d shoots to help better prepair themselfs for deer season. Main factor is range estimation, for a quicker harvest. But too many times I hear the comments "well, at least I got a 5". Congrats, you just wounded an animal Now, you take 5 points away for that wound and guarenteed they will take alittle more time and think a bit more on the next shot. What would better prepair you for hunting season??
    www.Missouriwhitetails.com
    Trophy Rock Pro Staff
    Hunt Hard, Hunt Safe, Pass It On

i shoot them every year.in 2005 i placed 4th in the world.best time i had love T.H.E. shoot's

Quote Originally Posted by midevilarcher5575 View Post
    i shoot them every year.in 2005 i placed 4th in the world.best time i had love T.H.E. shoot's
    Are you coming to Okla this year for it? what class do you shoot in?
    New Breed Archery
    Gold Tip - Spot-Hogg

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by J.A.G. View Post
    Are you coming to Okla this year for it? what class do you shoot in?
    why yes i am.i am not sure what class i will be in this year,i have'nt decided

I'll be there too.. either in 3d-womens intermediate or Hunter-intermediate (depends if any women show up or not).. I'll be the one with a black Hoyt, talking smack! LOL so, look me up.
    New Breed Archery
    Gold Tip - Spot-Hogg

Just got a gift certificate in the mail today 5/24... from a THE ran benefit shoot in Ada, OK called Raindance..that was on 4/21. Am glad to finally know at least one person won something. Better late than never
    New Breed Archery
    Gold Tip - Spot-Hogg

Just got a gift certificate in the mail today 5/24... from a THE ran benefit shoot in Ada, OK called Raindance..that was on 4/21. Am glad to finally know at least one person won something. Better late than never
    well at least you won something....
    I cut things up and split them down!

Yup.. its from a place called High Maintenance Camo
    Just for the ladies, Imagine that!
    New Breed Archery
    Gold Tip - Spot-Hogg

Wink

I'll be there too.. either in 3d-womens intermediate or Hunter-intermediate (depends if any women show up or not).. I'll be the one with a black Hoyt, talking smack! LOL so, look me up.
    i sure will ill be wearing a rinehart dealer shirt and shooting a red and black flame hoyt

I have heard a lot of grumbling about THE events. I agree that it may not survive in Missouri in spite of many people liking the concept. We shot one event last year and have shot the first two legs and the state champ. We will finish what we started this year but we're not sure if we will participate next year. JAG, I know of at least two other gals that will be in Ada for the world shoot, competing in at least intermediate women.

Quote Originally Posted by Witchy1 View Post
    I have heard a lot of grumbling about THE events. I agree that it may not survive in Missouri in spite of many people liking the concept. We shot one event last year and have shot the first two legs and the state champ. We will finish what we started this year but we're not sure if we will participate next year. JAG, I know of at least two other gals that will be in Ada for the world shoot, competing in at least intermediate women.
    That will be nice..seems like there are less women shooting this year than last year.. here in Oklahoma anyway.
    New Breed Archery
    Gold Tip - Spot-Hogg

I haven't been shooting very long to know for sure about numbers but it seems like it's the same 3 or 4 women at the shoots we go to. I believe there are more ladies out there shooting but we seem to have a lot of shoots in our area on the same days so the ladies are not usually all at the same shoot at the same time. I'm one of the women who will be at World this summer. I hope to get to meet you.

Great! I look forward to meeting you too!
    New Breed Archery
    Gold Tip - Spot-Hogg