You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: T.h.e.

I'll be shooting in Women's Advanced.... i broke the barrier at the Okla State championship.. not real thrilled about moving up.. but i did win the state championship buckle in intermediate!
    New Breed Archery
    Gold Tip - Spot-Hogg

Congrats! So does winning the state champ cause you to move up or is it score? Just wondering because I also won our state champ in intermediate.

Never mind. I just looked it up in the rules. From what I can tell, it's your score that moves you up. I haven't been anywhere close to that yet. Congrats again!

Congrats to you as well... we will have to be sure and get some pics together with our buckles.
    New Breed Archery
    Gold Tip - Spot-Hogg

Anyone going to the Texas championship this weekend?
    New Breed Archery
    Gold Tip - Spot-Hogg

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by tek View Post
    What are they? Never heard of them
    your not missing anything!!!

why do you say that Rex? BTW, we had supper in Emory last Sat. night.. all U can eat steak.
    New Breed Archery
    Gold Tip - Spot-Hogg

I know they have a rocky rep in a few states. Mainly about not having reps there. I can say that they have a rep in Missouri and he has not been at all the shoots. I can't judge him because I am not in his shoes with the responsibility. They also have some issues with not having a rep in Texas. They can't be in several places at once.
    I have shot the Deerman's for 2 years and love it. The concept is awesome. I agree with the concentration involved in knowing that a 5 is negative. There isn't well you hit foam. I think that some kinks need to be worked out but it is a great club with awesome people. The Deerman folks are the nicest people out there. Give it a chance!

Hey JAG, I will be there with Witchy1. We have to move up as of Sunday at the 3rd leg. So I guess we will all be Advanced. It will definitely be an experience! Hope to see you there.

I understand.. thats the main thing i hear.. not enough staff at the shoots.. and the administration isn't organized enough. They are working on that.
    If you have any comments about what you'd like to see change, please them know.. Jimmy asked us to come up with ideas or recommendations for the 08 year. They dont know what to change if we dont let them know the problems.. So, please contact Jimmy with Deermans.
    He did say they were going to branch out an have Women in its own division! yeah!
    Well Pinky & Witchy, am glad to know i wont be shooting alone.. because its kinda scarey being way back there at the Advanced stake.. (and i am not very good at it) See you there!
    New Breed Archery
    Gold Tip - Spot-Hogg

Is this Julie & Shawna from Mo?
    New Breed Archery
    Gold Tip - Spot-Hogg

Are we that notorious already?

An organization is only as good as those that represent it. Like I have mentioned, the concept is great but if they don't do something REAL quick folks just won't show up. I personally know the folks that run 3 ranges that won't have them back again, and I believe they have only held shoots at 4 different ranges in MO. All three of these ranges have the same complaints and have had for three years. You have to think the the ones at the top of the chart are aware of this and their complaints. I really hope they can get it together and make a success out of it. They are fun shoots.
    www.Missouriwhitetails.com
    Trophy Rock Pro Staff
    Hunt Hard, Hunt Safe, Pass It On

Quote Originally Posted by Witchy1 View Post
    Are we that notorious already?
    Yes you are!!!! Heather has said good things about you.
    New Breed Archery
    Gold Tip - Spot-Hogg

Default I'm Here!!!!

OK girls, here I am! You've finally drug me onto a message board, let's see how it goes. (look I even have my own name instead of just using jimmy's!) I'm looking forward to seeing everyone in Kansas this weekend. I'm really looking forward to those northern temps since JAG and I about melted in Texas last weekend.

Well I'm usually not on here to post because I prefer to use the old fashioned telephone so I can hear the voice of the person that wants to yell at me. I know I just take it all too personal, but I'll try not too. And since Jimmy and I are always wrestling over who gets to be "the top of the chart"', I guess it will be me today.

MoBowman, I agree with you about the need for good staff representation in each state. We have had several shooters covering Missouri the last few years and were told that they were doing a good job. Because of new jobs and other committments, we were down to just one rep this year who graciously agreed to step up and take on running the entire state alone. He is involved with more than just T.H.E. and has only been able to make one day of each event this year. Jimmy & I made the trip to CBA for the 2nd leg, but because of weather between here and there - we could only make it on Sunday. Our Kansas staff drove over to the 1st leg at Carrollton. But Carrollton was forced to reschedule the 3rd leg and it was on the same date that we were already committed to the Texas State Champs. When MO State was scheduled, we told them we would not be able to attend again because of a scheduling conflict. Jimmy & I did have to take care of Texas this year alone (and we live in Oklahoma), but have talked to several guys there who are looking to sign on for next year. I am not trying to make excuses, but we are not a large organization and it takes time to find the right people with the ability and time to take on such responsiblilites. MoBowman, maybe you can help us out in that department. I'm like Uncle Sam - always looking for a few good men (& women)> As far as the same complaints from all 3 ranges, I haven't gotten them. If it's the shortage of staff this year, I'm working on it. Let me know if you want the job! As far other complaints or previous years, we haven't been told of any issues. But I assure we will be on the phone the rest of the week to find out.

Everyone please understand, we can't fix any problems we haven't heard about. Our home # is on the website - 580-436-4943. If you call during the day while we're at work, you'll get my machine that gives you my work # - 580-332-2389. Or email me @ the3dorg@hotmail.com anytime. I really, really, really want to hear from you - good or bad. Pinklady can tell you, once we sit on both our kids - I'll talk all night!!!

Lots of love everyone - see ya soon!!

Default "On top of the chart"

Myself personaly I don't care which one of us comes out on Top. Its the wrestleing I like. LOL Seriously everyone, Heather and I are working very hard to make things better each year. We are open to suggestion and are willing to talk with anyone who is interested in helping THE grow in all the States we are active and in any new State for that matter. Each new State and/or area seems to bring it's own new challenges to either over come or build around. THE is not a ridged organization that is closed to new ideas. So, please just send us your opinions each and every August THE has a National Staff Meeting here at Heather and I's home and new ideas are discussed as well as rule changes.

Also, I tell Heather here at home all the time. That, I couldn't do this without her, but I just wanted to tell her here as well. I think I am pretty lucky to have a woman that is by my side in all that I do. We are chanceing this dream together. So, thank you Heather for being by my side.

Quote Originally Posted by J.A.G. View Post
    I understand.. thats the main thing i hear.. not enough staff at the shoots.. and the administration isn't organized enough. They are working on that.
    If you have any comments about what you'd like to see change, please them know.. Jimmy asked us to come up with ideas or recommendations for the 08 year. They dont know what to change if we dont let them know the problems.. So, please contact Jimmy with Deermans.
    He did say they were going to branch out an have Women in its own division! yeah!
    Well Pinky & Witchy, am glad to know i wont be shooting alone.. because its kinda scarey being way back there at the Advanced stake.. (and i am not very good at it) See you there!

You won't be alone shooting and you will be joined being nervous from the Advanced stake. I did it last year at World's and it was challenging. But, if the 3 of us shoot together, we will all be in the same boat. Lookin forward to meeting you. I am Shawna. How did you know?

Quote Originally Posted by pinklady View Post
    ...I am Shawna. How did you know?
    Yeah, how did she know? It must have been hard to do that since you're such a shy person! LOL

Back to THE, I personally like the concept and like I said before, I have heard a lot of grumbling but you never know what is rumor, misconception, etc. From the shooter side of it, I can't say that I've had any serious issues but I hear talk of clubs being unhappy with it. Hopefully whatever the issues are they can be worked out.

Quote Originally Posted by Witchy1 View Post
    Yeah, how did she know?
    Quote Originally Posted by pinklady View Post
    I am Shawna. How did you know?
    LOL.. I have my ways!
    New Breed Archery
    Gold Tip - Spot-Hogg

Glad to see Mr & Mrs here. I absolutely love shooting your events and want to see it grow and succeed. I have never met a nicer bunch of people as I have at the Deerman's events. Hopefully I will have a chance to visit with you two sometime soon, and maybe help with some suggestions.

I will venture to say that I bet I have 2 new good friends from Mo!
    New Breed Archery
    Gold Tip - Spot-Hogg

Mrs Deerman

Like any new organization, there will be growing pains, and believe me, there is no way your going to please everyone, but we can never stop trying right? Personally, I think you have a great thing going, as I have been to every Deermans shoot in Mo so far, with the exception of the Classic this summer, timing is the only problem there.

I would love to do what I can to give T.H.E a helping hand, but with my commitments to our website and mission of providing outdoor opportunities for the Disabled and Youth hunters of Missouri, I'am afraid I wouldn't be able to commit the time needed. I may however, have a few individuals on our site that would be interested and with your premission will post a thread for those to contact you.

I really hope that Deermans can succeed in Missouri, my only suggestion would be to contact the ranges and see what their reasons for not holding Deerman shoots are and build from that. Thanks for taking the time to sign up and respond, that really means alot.
    www.Missouriwhitetails.com
    Trophy Rock Pro Staff
    Hunt Hard, Hunt Safe, Pass It On