You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.

Thread: Arm has an owie

Default Arm has an owie

Well, I think but won't know for sure till I see MD tonight, that I have Rotater Cuff Tendinitis which is way less aweful than a tear for sure. Let me tell you don't ever read WebMd because you start aching all over when you read the symptom stuff hehe. I pretty much match alot of the symptoms but this hasn't been caused by archery cause I used to get aches and pains a bit before I started. Has anyone else had any issues like that and how did you cope or such. If I take just advil nada in the hurt reduction but I'm guessing I'd have to take a good anti-inflammatory to fix things up. The thing is my shoulder doesn't hurt but in the arm muscle in the tricep or bicep areas depending which wrong way I've moved.
    FBSA Member and Concierge
    Hoyt UltraElite 25" 40#, Carter Fits Me Too, Shibuya Compound Sight & Black Eagle scope, TT Spring Steel I, Slingbraid Custom Bow Slings, Quick Stand Bowstand, Carbon Express Nano XR

Quote Originally Posted by chelleo View Post
    Well, I think but won't know for sure till I see MD tonight, that I have Rotater Cuff Tendinitis which is way less aweful than a tear for sure. Let me tell you don't ever read WebMd because you start aching all over when you read the symptom stuff hehe. I pretty much match alot of the symptoms but this hasn't been caused by archery cause I used to get aches and pains a bit before I started. Has anyone else had any issues like that and how did you cope or such. If I take just advil nada in the hurt reduction but I'm guessing I'd have to take a good anti-inflammatory to fix things up. The thing is my shoulder doesn't hurt but in the arm muscle in the tricep or bicep areas depending which wrong way I've moved.
    if I do alot of shooting, then lay off for awhile.....I get pretty bad pains in my neck.....almost like a pinched nerve......

so I just shoot as much as time allows.....
    I cut things up and split them down!

I hurt my shoulder pretty good(bad) when I switched from fingers to release...
    Tendinitis most likely...some tylenol and rest and turned my bow down...took a few weeks till I could shoot for more than a few shots again...

Hope you feel better soon...

Quote Originally Posted by brokenarrow View Post
    I hurt my shoulder pretty good(bad) when I switched from fingers to release...
    Tendinitis most likely...some tylenol and rest and turned my bow down...took a few weeks till I could shoot for more than a few shots again...

Hope you feel better soon...
    thank you!!!!
    I cut things up and split them down!

Quote Originally Posted by BOWMAN View Post
    thank you!!!!
    Don't worry someday they'll find a cure...For whatever your problem is...???...

Bowman I didn't know that mental illness hurt hehehe j/k but Dr. Chelle here went to the MD tonight and I told him I thought I was suffering from Rotator Cuff Tendinitis and he said ok...gee and that was just me and webmd that figured that out. He did order Physical Therapy for me so that's a good thing. Then if things don't improve we move on to more aggresive measures. I'm hopeing that the therapy does the trick. In the mean time he prescribed me some more Naproxen and Tylenol #3 weeeee...

It's my bow arm that is messed up though not my drawing arm and I'm actually thinking of going back to a trigger release cause I'm just having too much trouble physically with the BT.
    Hoyt UltraElite 25" 40#, Carter Fits Me Too, Shibuya Compound Sight & Black Eagle scope, TT Spring Steel I, Slingbraid Custom Bow Slings, Quick Stand Bowstand, Carbon Express Nano XR

I tore my shoulder up pretty bad about 10 years ago. They did surgery and took out part of the shoulder blade and carved on my coller bone and took out some tendens. It will bother me if I shoot very much. Like shooting 5 arrows at a time for about 15 minutes have to stop and rest for a while. But not to bad. No matter what I will not stop shooting. If there is a will there is a way.

Mo.Hick

Quote Originally Posted by MO.HICK View Post
    I tore my shoulder up pretty bad about 10 years ago. They did surgery and took out part of the shoulder blade and carved on my coller bone and took out some tendens. It will bother me if I shoot very much. Like shooting 5 arrows at a time for about 15 minutes have to stop and rest for a while. But not to bad. No matter what I will not stop shooting. If there is a will there is a way.

Mo.Hick
    Ouch that hurts just reading that Mo...but like you I won't give up on archery. I mean really now just spent a gazillion on bow and stuff I can't quit now LOL. I'm hoping that using the Naproxen and getting PT and working more on my muscle exercise I will be okay. I think I'm gonna go back to a trigger release too for awhile because the Back tension thing is causing me to do some strange things and I'd rather shoot in comfort rather than trying to work on the BT release. Gotta figure out a way to make my bow a little lighter too...the stabs aren't that heavy but when they are off it sure feels so light but then I shoot like yuck. Oh the trials and tribulations