You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.

Hybrid View

Default Beginners shoot 3D?

I'm not sure there will be much traffic in this group. Most people that use this site are not beginners.

Just my 2 cents.

Brian

I feel this would be a good group, that's why I created it.

You would not believe the number of telephone calls I get from parents and even adults wanting to know how to get started.

Beginners should not go to places like wal-mart. This would be extremely bad. You will most likely not get fitted properly. This will cause huge problems in shooting accuracy and you will probably get discouraged.

Find a real pro shop. If you don't know of any pro shops, find an Archery Club near you. They should be able to point you to a real pro shop. If you don't know how to find an Archery club near you go here and click one one of the Club search links.

Proper fit is probably the number one problem in archery shooting today. Many people have bows with draw lengths that are too long. In the beginning, I too used to shoot a 30" draw. I currently am shooting 29" and I'm 6'1" tall. If your 5' 8" you do not have a 30" draw.

I just hope this group will provide the necessary information to get beginners started.

If you are a beginner, no question is a dumb question. If you start this sport right, it will become a life long passion.

Please ask questions, we'll help you.
    Last edited by Chris; 05-29-2004 at 04:50 PM.
    Chris Christenson - Admin
    3DShoots.com - Find Archery Shoots near you
    ObsessionArchery.com - Archery Supplies

Dang skippy, Chris.

We all started out as newbies.

We learned from people just like ourselves. People that were kind enuf pass along their knowledge.

There is only one dumb question. That is the question that was never asked!

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by WRBC_Pinky
    Dang skippy, Chris.
    There is only one dumb question. That is the question that was never asked!
    I couldn't agree more. When I was in the military I was told there was never a dumb question if you don't know the answer.

As for newbies I'm 50, never picked up a bow till Dec 2003. I don't have the benifit of a good pro shop in my area yet so I relied on forums such as these to find answers to problems I was having and recieved some very good advice, and a fair share of smartass answers. I just attributed those to stupidity from the person that replyed. If you need help, you need help and you won't get it unless you do ask. Just weed thru the comments and filter out the ones that show they are acting like god and and full of themselves. You will find good advice from most.

Hey guys thats what i like to hear because just about everything i've learned in life not just (Archery) i've learned from great people just like yourselves, by asking. I've been bow hunting for many many years now, but i would like to get into the sport of 3D thats is why i joined this board.
    I'll have lots more stupid and maybe not so stupid questions to come.
    Thanks Everybody.
    RM
    Last edited by rmarchery; 06-11-2004 at 12:40 PM.

Besides, one never knows when a "simple" question will point out that we really don't know as much as we thought we did.