You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.
Results 1 to 14 of 14
  1. #1
    Member Straightandtrue67's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Kentucky
    Posts
    41

    Default Hoyt Vulcan (best bow in 2007 line-up).

    Just picked up my new Hoyt Vulcan yesterday and am very impressed with this outstanding bow. I'm shooting 315 grain arrows and getting speeds of 325 FPS and up. The other good part is the bow is a smooth shooter also. This is my second Hoyt (my first was last years Trykon) and it is by far the best Hoyt I owned so far. I shot the Vectrix and the Vulcan shoots just as smooth, with alot more speed. This bow should have been the bow that Hoyt pushed the most for its 2007 line-up. The Hoyt bows keep getting better and better every year. I'm glad they added the stealth shot to quiet their bows this year. The Trykon was a good shooter, but the string noise was quite annoying.

    Take Care and God Bless.

    Ronin
    "I don't go to church much, but I see the beauty of God everytime I walk in the woods".

    -E Duffy Sr.
    (1946-1993)

    Bowtech Guardian (29" DL, 63 lbs.)
    Bows Owned:
    Mathews Switchback/Switchback XT
    Hoyt Trykon/Vulcan

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    220

    Default Did you know...

    That 2 new WORLD records in FITA was set using a Vulcan

    And some say short brace height bows are'nt accurate

    Anyways, I'm lovin my Vulcan

  3. #3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tek View Post
    That 2 new WORLD records in FITA was set using a Vulcan

    And some say short brace height bows are'nt accurate

    Anyways, I'm lovin my Vulcan
    No kidding. Who set those?
    Chris Christenson - Admin
    3DShoots.com - Find Archery Shoots near you
    ObsessionArchery.com - Archery Supplies

  4. #4
    I pray for you! BUNNYMAN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    the Hutch
    Posts
    29,890

    Default short brace bows and accuracy

    Prestige has a 6"brace.........

    one of the most accurate bows I have ever shot.....

    my switchback shoots lights out.....

    my Icon is pretty much a given to shoot at least 8-10, 300's in a 12 week league......

    the more I shoot my Prestige.....the more my thoughts turn to selling the switchback and the Icon....and getting a couple more Prestiges......one in camo for hunting........another in all black (40-50lbs) for indoor....


    I wish there were a good hoyt dealer around to shoot a vulcan.......
    I cut things up and split them down!

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    220

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    No kidding. Who set those?


    Gladys Willems set the records in FITA with the Vulcan in the Netherlands. I think the one score was a 1411. Not sure about the other.

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    220

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BOWMAN View Post
    Prestige has a 6"brace.........

    one of the most accurate bows I have ever shot.....

    my switchback shoots lights out.....

    my Icon is pretty much a given to shoot at least 8-10, 300's in a 12 week league......

    the more I shoot my Prestige.....the more my thoughts turn to selling the switchback and the Icon....and getting a couple more Prestiges......one in camo for hunting........another in all black (40-50lbs) for indoor....


    I wish there were a good hoyt dealer around to shoot a vulcan.......


    I've heard the Prestige is a real shooter. I would like to try both the Prestige and Martin Slayer. I've yet to see either around here. We have no Martin dealers around

    You need to find a Hoyt dealer and at least shoot the Vulcan just to try it.

  7. #7
    I pray for you! BUNNYMAN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    the Hutch
    Posts
    29,890

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tek View Post
    I've heard the Prestige is a real shooter. I would like to try both the Prestige and Martin Slayer. I've yet to see either around here. We have no Martin dealers around

    You need to find a Hoyt dealer and at least shoot the Vulcan just to try it.
    I am trying to do just that......


    You wont see a prestige around most likely.....its a short draw bow......and just like lefties we have to special order everything.....

    I have a bunch of guys that shoot league w/me...... when I was telling them about the bow and showed them pictures of it......they were like oh thats a nice bow.....

    but when i got and they held and fondled it......guess what 3 guys have ordered them......that right there is why you need to stock one of every model in a line up....
    I cut things up and split them down!

  8. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    220

    Default

    I know what you mean Bowman.

    Try being Left handed and having a short draw

    With no lefty bows to try at all I had to order a Vulcan based on my friends recomendation. He has been in archery for probably over 30 years, after he shot them all (right handed) he recomended the Vulcan. So I took his word for it and bought it. Glad I did.

  9. #9
    I pray for you! BUNNYMAN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    the Hutch
    Posts
    29,890

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tek View Post
    I know what you mean Bowman.

    Try being Left handed and having a short draw

    With no lefty bows to try at all I had to order a Vulcan based on my friends recomendation. He has been in archery for probably over 30 years, after he shot them all (right handed) he recomended the Vulcan. So I took his word for it and bought it. Glad I did.
    o.k. now for the important stuff......what color did you get it in???
    I cut things up and split them down!

  10. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    220

    Default

    Its just plain ole Camo. Its going to be my hunting bow.

    Maybe next year I will get a new Fancy bow for 3D only

  11. #11
    Bisquit....... BowhuntnHoosier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Hoosierville
    Posts
    13,882

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tek View Post
    Its just plain ole Camo. Its going to be my hunting bow.

    Maybe next year I will get a new Fancy bow for 3D only
    What do you mean just plain ole Camo......................thats the best color out there.


    "HONDA"

  12. #12
    I pray for you! BUNNYMAN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    the Hutch
    Posts
    29,890

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BowhuntnHoosier View Post
    What do you mean just plain ole Camo......................thats the best color out there.
    camo...........
    I cut things up and split them down!

  13. #13
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    220

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BowhuntnHoosier View Post
    What do you mean just plain ole Camo......................thats the best color out there.

    I agree.......for Hunting, camo is the best

  14. #14
    are u a fat boy? kbohunt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Moseley,Va
    Posts
    3,237

    Default I dis-agree!

    I think I,I mean we shoot so good around here we need to give the animal's we sling arrow's at a chance!
    CROME & BLACK MIRROR- CAMO!
    THAT"S the best color!
    kbohunt

    Bows,07PSE,MOJO-3D,05Flash
    Arrows..beman ICS hunter
    SURE-LOCK sights..Extreme scopes..TT rest
    FBSA-MEMBER
    Wheely Custom Quivers & Poston Stab's..Made in The U.S.A

Similar Threads

  1. 2007 hoyt vulcan 28/70 riptide blue
    By gju42486 in forum Hoyt Bows for Sale or Trade
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 01-04-2009, 12:26 PM
  2. 2007 Custom Powder Coated Hoyt Vulcan
    By Mepperson in forum Hoyt Bows for Sale or Trade
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-16-2008, 12:22 AM
  3. NEW LH Hoyt Vulcan
    By TOUArcher in forum Left Handed Archery Classifieds
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-14-2008, 12:26 PM
  4. hoyt vulcan cam 4.5???
    By presspal111 in forum General Archery Forum
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 01-08-2008, 08:33 PM
  5. 2007 Hoyt Vulcan
    By Straightandtrue67 in forum Hoyt Bows for Sale or Trade
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 09-15-2007, 11:19 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •