You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.

Default Any bows that have lower poundage 30-40?

It is really hard to even find anyone besides Hoyt that has bows that are in the 30-40 range at all. I don't think I found any Matthews or Bowtech at all, at least I don't remember seeing any. I also need a lighter weight bow as well as the lower poundage. My UltraElite isn't exactly really light but it's not too bad when I'm feeling good. Mostly trying to seek out some lower poundage bows that max on limbs at 40.
    FBSA Member and Concierge
    Hoyt UltraElite 25" 40#, Carter Fits Me Too, Shibuya Compound Sight & Black Eagle scope, TT Spring Steel I, Slingbraid Custom Bow Slings, Quick Stand Bowstand, Carbon Express Nano XR

CSS Custom Shooting Systems can hook you up. Custom built to your specs. Check out thier web sight. customshootingsystems.com you can have a 2 different single cams and cam and a half set up or a double cam. And what ever you would order you can buy as kit to change it to different cam setup cheaper than a set of cams from Hoyt. Can get in camo or color 1 or 2 pcs grips from 23 to 34 inch draw length verey soild Bows I have been shooting them for 4 years now and I love them. Very accurate and repeatable. Chuck and Peggy are great to work with. Chuck use to be 1 of the owners of montaineer Bows. CSS has been around since 1996. You will see alot of them at the National shoots. ASA, IBO. Hope this gives you some more options.

2012 Bow Tech Pro Staff
    Sword Pro Staff Vane Tech Pro Staff
    Gold Tip Factory Staff Coffey marketing
    A.S.A. IL. State Director

Thanks for the info I"ll take a look..
    Hoyt UltraElite 25" 40#, Carter Fits Me Too, Shibuya Compound Sight & Black Eagle scope, TT Spring Steel I, Slingbraid Custom Bow Slings, Quick Stand Bowstand, Carbon Express Nano XR

Quote Originally Posted by chelleo View Post
    Thanks for the info I"ll take a look..
    Mathews Ignition, Mustang and Prestige should all come in 30-40....
    I cut things up and split them down!

try this...go to browse bows...upper left....click on a model....click specs.....tells you all the limb ranges.....if it says 40lbs limbs that means 30-40.......

most all of Mathews bows are available w/30-40lbs limbs

http://mathewsinc.com/

PSE, Browning, Martin...
    I would like to thank all my sponsers:Alpine Archery Pro Staff, Tru-Ball Releases Staff , Hydronics Archery Pro Staff,Victory Arrows Staff, Bohning Archery , Vibra-Check , TP Scope Lenses Pro Staff, Mossy Oak Pro Staff....
    RANGER BOW STRINGS

Quote Originally Posted by chelleo View Post
    It is really hard to even find anyone besides Hoyt that has bows that are in the 30-40 range at all. I don't think I found any Matthews or Bowtech at all, at least I don't remember seeing any. I also need a lighter weight bow as well as the lower poundage. My UltraElite isn't exactly really light but it's not too bad when I'm feeling good. Mostly trying to seek out some lower poundage bows that max on limbs at 40.
    i'm pretty sure bowtech does.. But, why would you want to change? I love my Hoyts.. both are 30-40
    New Breed Archery
    Gold Tip - Spot-Hogg

Quote Originally Posted by J.A.G. View Post
    i'm pretty sure bowtech does.. But, why would you want to change? I love my Hoyts.. both are 30-40
    I love my Hoyt too just looking for a lighter weight bow as well...at some point to maybe do some 3-d or something. I know the Selena is lighter weight just kind of looking at what is out there. I am having some issues with my arm not that I'm giving up on my bow ....no way. It's just a bit heavy now over 5lbs with all the junk on it. I'm having some problems using my BT release...so actually have another trigger release on the way. The Carter Fits Me Too which should solve that problem. I'm taking my Naproxen and have to do excercises for my shoulder/arm muscles and it's feeling better all the time. Just looking for a back up in case I need some lighter weight bow in between.
    Last edited by chelleo; 05-24-2007 at 06:40 PM.

Talking

What draw length?

for shooting 3-d and normal target shooting....i prefer a heavier bow....they hold on target better.....

Quote Originally Posted by BOWMAN View Post
    Mathews Ignition, Mustang and Prestige should all come in 30-40....
    My wife has a Ignition. It goes from 30 to 40 lbs. The draw is short too. I just ordered her 40 to 50 lb limbs. She loves that bow and shoots it very good. At 20 yrs she can constitantly hit a 3 inch circle. I would recomend it for any younger shooter.

Quote Originally Posted by whitetail99 View Post
    What draw length?
    Oh I know the type is small but all that info is in my sig deary hehe...

Look at the Mathews Genesis series. I believe that they offer as low as 15# with draw lengths up to 30"
    Mathews SwitchBack XT
    29"
    60# Draw
    Extreme RT900 w/additional pin
    Trophy Taker Rest

http://www.3dshoots.com/forums/index.php?referrerid=2124

My wife's Switchback is set at 36lbs right now. It has 30-40lb limbs on it.
    Pathfinder Arrow Wraps

Quote Originally Posted by bill10418 View Post
    Look at the Mathews Genesis series. I believe that they offer as low as 15# with draw lengths up to 30"
    she is allready shooting one of dem dare espensive hoyt's (boat anchors)....

A Genisus would be going backwards.....

hey hey now
    New Breed Archery
    Gold Tip - Spot-Hogg

Quote Originally Posted by J.A.G. View Post
    hey hey now
    oh so you can read the fine print???

Darton Ranger II or III. Have the do all fit for small frames and get all the way down to 15# and up to 45# on the same limb.

Oh Bowman you are so evilllll...boat anchors I hardly think so....but you are correct I won't go backwards that's for sure. I was just looking for one of the Adult bows if one would call that might have lighter weight and lower poundage besides Hoyt. I really don't think I'll switch brands at this point at all. I'm just curious to who else sells good quality lighter poundage and I think I've gotten lots of feedback for sure. J.A.G. is right though....I'm using one of the best bows out there...why switch ... Our club has a bunch of Genesis bows and they are for the kids that come up and shoot.