You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by J.A.G. View Post
    I've got those doo dads on mine.. i call them speedballs.. three nocks covered in shrink wrap.. they add about 10 fps.

Doo dads are not the same as squishy thingys......

Doo dads add speed, squishy things reduce string noise. Lets be clear about what we are loosely referencing here...
    Pathfinder Arrow Wraps

Quote Originally Posted by jcmorgan31 View Post
    Doo dads are not the same as squishy thingys......

Doo dads add speed, squishy things reduce string noise. Lets be clear about what we are loosely referencing here...
    exactly, but you can counteract the squishies by adding doo dads.. or just remove the squishies, add the doo dads and it will be even faster..
    see? I know what i'm talking about!

now, if i could just get that dillywomper adjusted.
    New Breed Archery
    Gold Tip - Spot-Hogg

exactly, but you can counteract the squishies by adding doo dads.. or just remove the squishies, add the doo dads and it will be even faster..

I'm sure someone on here would be glad to help you adjust your dillywomper if you asked nicely....
    Pathfinder Arrow Wraps

I'm sure someone on here would be glad to help you adjust your dillywomper if you asked nicely....
    LOL.. ya think so?
    New Breed Archery
    Gold Tip - Spot-Hogg

Exactly J.A.G. that's what the plan is...remove squishies and add the doo dads...see you understand very well. More noise...(like it is noisy now what more can it do) but more speed weeeee....maybe I'll get up to 200 fps LOL. I have no idea what I'm doing in that area but more speed will get those heavy suckers I'm shooting get to the target better. (I guess suckers must be arrows)Maybe we need to come up with our own little archery lexicon LOL.
    FBSA Member and Concierge
    Hoyt UltraElite 25" 40#, Carter Fits Me Too, Shibuya Compound Sight & Black Eagle scope, TT Spring Steel I, Slingbraid Custom Bow Slings, Quick Stand Bowstand, Carbon Express Nano XR

Quote Originally Posted by chelleo View Post
    Exactly J.A.G. that's what the plan is...remove squishies and add the doo dads...see you understand very well. More noise...(like it is noisy now what more can it do) but more speed weeeee....maybe I'll get up to 200 fps LOL. I have no idea what I'm doing in that area but more speed will get those heavy suckers I'm shooting get to the target better. (I guess suckers must be arrows)Maybe we need to come up with our own little archery lexicon LOL.
    If that is the case, I lost all my suckers at the Bedford IBO last weekend and I need a new dozen suckers.
    Pathfinder Arrow Wraps

If that is the case, I lost all my suckers at the Bedford IBO last weekend and I need a new dozen suckers.
    Ok everyone JC needs new suckers so buy some of those sucker covers he sells LOL.
    Hoyt UltraElite 25" 40#, Carter Fits Me Too, Shibuya Compound Sight & Black Eagle scope, TT Spring Steel I, Slingbraid Custom Bow Slings, Quick Stand Bowstand, Carbon Express Nano XR

Quote Originally Posted by chelleo View Post
    Well, let me tell ya...I probably should have gone a little lighter but one program tells me the arrows are marginally stiff and the other says too weak. These are glue in points too so how do I change them if I wanted to? The FOC is actually really good for target and I did ok indoors last time I shot them. Have been out of commission all this week with the arm so hopefully I can try shooting a bit this weekend.

My next venture is where to find anyone that has a chronograph cause the pro shop doesn't and it would be intresting to even know what is going on with my speed not that it matters that much at this point. If I ever wanted to enter any tourney's I'd have to know though.
    JAG made my point more clear than I did. I think your arrow is really heavy because of the point (at least). For indoor 5 spot I shoot a 29" Fatboy with 85gr screw in points and shoot a 29" draw at 60#. Those suckers fly right and the spine is pretty much right on according to Easton.

As far as removing glue-in points from carbon or ACC shafts I have no clue. I've stayed away from that since aluminum arrow days since you can't heat carbon the way you could alloy.

Ron

Hey JAG on that Dillywomper...Just tighten it till it strips and back it off a quarter turn...Hope that helps...

Quote Originally Posted by Ronhop View Post
    JAG made my point more clear than I did. I think your arrow is really heavy because of the point (at least). For indoor 5 spot I shoot a 29" Fatboy with 85gr screw in points and shoot a 29" draw at 60#. Those suckers fly right and the spine is pretty much right on according to Easton.

As far as removing glue-in points from carbon or ACC shafts I have no clue. I've stayed away from that since aluminum arrow days since you can't heat carbon the way you could alloy.

Ron
    For indoor spots I shoot 525g Easton Eclipse X7s out of an Ovation shooting at 55lbs! I thing my points are 150g......

There sure are a lot of opinions on indoor setups....
    Pathfinder Arrow Wraps

Quote Originally Posted by brokenarrow View Post
    Hey JAG on that Dillywomper...Just tighten it till it strips and back it off a quarter turn...Hope that helps...
    your so smart you worry me......
    I cut things up and split them down!

Quote Originally Posted by BOWMAN View Post
    your so smart you worry me......
    I must be really smart cause I worry alot of people

I must be really smart cause I worry alot of people

thanks for the tip!
    New Breed Archery
    Gold Tip - Spot-Hogg

thanks for the tip!
    dont listen to silly bow....you have to stop just before it strips....if it strips its too tight....

I hate when my dillywhowho gets wound to tight.....

dont listen to silly bow....you have to stop just before it strips....if it strips its too tight....

I hate when my dillywhowho gets wound to tight.....
    Now wait a minute...
    She was askin about a dillywomper...a dillywhowho is a totally different story...
    and overtightening is only an issue when you're are messing with you weasledavitz...

Now wait a minute...
    She was askin about a dillywomper...a dillywhowho is a totally different story...
    and overtightening is only an issue when you're are messing with you weasledavitz...
    your all Padawans.....

your all Padawans.....
    Do you really know what a Padawan is Bowman?? I could ask George to come explain to you the deep dark secrets on that next time I see him. I have actually talked with him on several occasions. I drive by Skywalker ranch fairly often but when you see him at the mall eating Thai food and no one even looks twice at him, you know he's at home.

A Padawan, Padawan learner, or Jedi Apprentice in Basic, was a child, or in some cases an adult, who began serious training under a Jedi Knight or a Jedi Master, chosen by the Knight or Master himself from the ranks of the younglings.

Default What?

A Padawan, Padawan learner, or Jedi Apprentice in Basic, was a child, or in some cases an adult, who began serious training under a Jedi Knight or a Jedi Master, chosen by the Knight or Master himself from the ranks of the younglings.
    I thought a padawan was somethin to grill!
    kbohunt

Bows,07PSE,MOJO-3D,05Flash
    Arrows..beman ICS hunter
    SURE-LOCK sights..Extreme scopes..TT rest
    FBSA-MEMBER
    Wheely Custom Quivers & Poston Stab's..Made in The U.S.A