You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.

Default Falling arrows-what would cause this to happen????

I have been shooting fairly consistenly but lately (I'm talking within the past two weeks) when I shoot my arrows DROP and hit the dirt when I move out to 20+ yards....I have checked my pins and they haven't moved (I marked them with white marker).

I am solid (1-2"groups) at 10 yards, low at 15...iffy at 20 (shooting at 6 o'clock at the bottom of target) then it all falls to pieces....

I shoot a browning Micro adrenaline at 41#; gold tips 3555's with either 75/85 or 100 grain field tips; through a whisker biscuit. It's just been tuned...not been dropped...

I'm ready to throw this all away and take up another sport

Quote Originally Posted by BrowningBabe View Post
    I have been shooting fairly consistenly but lately (I'm talking within the past two weeks) when I shoot my arrows DROP and hit the dirt when I move out to 20+ yards....I have checked my pins and they haven't moved (I marked them with white marker).

I am solid (1-2"groups) at 10 yards, low at 15...iffy at 20 (shooting at 6 o'clock at the bottom of target) then it all falls to pieces....

I shoot a browning Micro adrenaline at 41#; gold tips 3555's with either 75/85 or 100 grain field tips; through a whisker biscuit. It's just been tuned...not been dropped...

I'm ready to throw this all away and take up another sport
    what kind of sight do you have try sighting in 1 pin at a time if you have a fixed pin sight or you might be aiming with the wrong pin.

in Dixie Home of the Brave and land of the Free

Welcome to tha site BB
    Man have ya got me scratchin' my head way out wide.

Could possible be a loose rest or a wore out biskit.

String could be broke ..... 1 strand.

could be dropping yore bow arm.

Nock point(loop) could be slippin'

yore anchor point could be floating.

Could be your grip floatin'

Could just be that stinkin' bow.

Keep us posted and I a'm sure that there are some other gents on here who know much more that i.

Anyway hang around and join tha boys and girls around 3d shoots.....I will warn ya about Bowman keep a close eye on em.....
    Smokes
    Last edited by Holy Smokes; 05-27-2007 at 11:38 PM.

Switchback xt BYC LOOP- SHOOT NOW56# 385gr 2312 Eclipse 100gr Muzzy 256fps SEPTER RANGER STRINGS, 4th axis,335 jammers @ 61# =285 fps

we thought about that (my shooting buddy and I). I have 3 pins that were set up for 10-20-30 yards. they have worked this way for the past 4 months once they were sighted in. Its a tru-glo brite sight with 3 pins.

I recently had my poundage cranked up from 39 to 41 and my draw length adjusted to 26" and then had my bow tuned. I shot and adjusted my sight pins and was dead on. I also did great shooting in my range, club range and the 3-D shoot.

This is a recent thing and I'm really frustrated!!!!! It's got me really pi**sed!

Quote Originally Posted by BrowningBabe View Post
    we thought about that (my shooting buddy and I). I have 3 pins that were set up for 10-20-30 yards. they have worked this way for the past 4 months once they were sighted in. Its a tru-glo brite sight with 3 pins.

I recently had my poundage cranked up from 39 to 41 and my draw length adjusted to 26" and then had my bow tuned. I shot and adjusted my sight pins and was dead on. I also did great shooting in my range, club range and the 3-D shoot.

This is a recent thing and I'm really frustrated!!!!! It's got me really pi**sed!

tell me something......did you recently have a new string put on???
    I cut things up and split them down!

Default Flight!

All of the thing's that smokes listed are possible reason's for this happening!
    1 more : my son had the same problem on his micro-midas,found out the cables jumped off the cable guide that's on the guide rod & if the cables are hooked back on backward's it will cause this to happen.
    Hope this is the answer! & to the forum.
    kbohunt

Bows,07PSE,MOJO-3D,05Flash
    Arrows..beman ICS hunter
    SURE-LOCK sights..Extreme scopes..TT rest
    FBSA-MEMBER
    Wheely Custom Quivers & Poston Stab's..Made in The U.S.A

whats the arrows length and weight?? also, If your hitting good groups at 10 yds. I would set up a 10 yd pin, 20 and 25 yd pin. I would re-sight your pins for the yardages.. I checked your spine on those arrows for your set up and they are very stiff spined. Even w/ the different point weights and arrow length's. Even though they are 35-55's. That doesnt mean they are correct for your set up. different arrows have have different grains per inch. and the spine and deflection will be different also. You can have 2 different brands that are 3555's and will weigh different. If this makes sence to ya!!! meaning they wont fly the same or even shoot well at longer distances. I had my sons micro midas set at 37lbs and his 10 yard pin will drop right off the target at 25 yds. Good luck!!!
    I would like to thank all my sponsers:Alpine Archery Pro Staff, Tru-Ball Releases Staff , Hydronics Archery Pro Staff,Victory Arrows Staff, Bohning Archery , Vibra-Check , TP Scope Lenses Pro Staff, Mossy Oak Pro Staff....
    RANGER BOW STRINGS

Quote Originally Posted by Pinwheel1969 View Post
    whats the arrows length and weight?? also, If your hitting good groups at 10 yds. I would set up a 10 yd pin, 20 and 25 yd pin. I would re-sight your pins for the yardages.. I checked your spine on those arrows for your set up and they are very stiff spined. Even w/ the different point weights and arrow length's. Even though they are 35-55's. That doesnt mean they are correct for your set up. different arrows have have different grains per inch. and the spine and deflection will be different also. You can have 2 different brands that are 3555's and will weigh different. If this makes sence to ya!!! meaning they wont fly the same or even shoot well at longer distances. I had my sons micro midas set at 37lbs and his 10 yard pin will drop right off the target at 25 yds. Good luck!!!
    What arrows does he shoot?

It's the original string. I got the bow the end of January. I have noticed a small frayed area on my string-just below the nock serving. I will have to take it to my proshop and have him look at it-he can also look at the cams and that area. See if he can re-tune my bow...

Here is a picture of my 10-yard groupings.....the one arrow by itself just decided not to play along!!!

This has me really annoyed and perplexed!

I will also check on the spine thing (although I will admit I'm ignorant in this area). My arrows are 24" long and my draw length is 26". I like this draw length it feels really good.

The thing that gets me-before a few weeks ago, those type of groups were what I had at 20, and slightly looser at 30....40....
    Attached Images Attached Images

I would tend to think it's the nock area serving slipping, changing the nock height.

Quote Originally Posted by red44 View Post
    I would tend to think it's the nock area serving slipping, changing the nock height.
    My nock area has the serving...then on top of that is the d-loop which also has a brass clamp thing just under the top knot.

Would I move it up or down? Should I take that brass thing off? What's it for anyway?

What I really need is a GREAT bow tech to take my bow to. and have him/her shoot it and make double-sure it's sighted in to 30 before I leave....

The brass nock is really just a marker of the nocking point. It should'nt hurt anything. I don't know anything about your bow, is it a dual cam? When you changed the draw lenth, did you swap cams or just change the position of the modules? If the latter, are you sure the modules are in the same position top and bottom? There must be coresponding marks or letters or something?

Thinking about it a little more. After you had DL, DW and a tune, you were shooting good, and this came out of the blue. Clearly something has changed. It's probably not the cams. The rest is tight, the sight is tight, what else is there? String, center serving slipping, your anchor or peep sliding. You have some fraying which says something happened, when did you notice the fraying? Imediately after the tune? He may have changed the nock height exposing this, where it may have been hidden under the loop previously. I think shooting with the bow tech watching would be a good idea. If it's the center serving slipping it would be easy for him to reserve and get your nock height back in position. If it's a broken strand you'll need a new string. How about the peep sight. Has it moved?

Quote Originally Posted by red44 View Post
    The brass nock is really just a marker of the nocking point. It should'nt hurt anything. I don't know anything about your bow, is it a dual cam? When you changed the draw lenth, did you swap cams or just change the position of the modules? If the latter, are you sure the modules are in the same position top and bottom? There must be coresponding marks or letters or something?
    Yes, it's dual cams-modules are in the same spot (top and bottom).

this is strange because it just started doing this about 2 weeks ago...could it be the string?

See #12, I think we were typing at the same time.

also check your center shot. Maybe your rest moved some. Doesnt take alot. my son shoots desperados w/ original string and cables..
    I would like to thank all my sponsers:Alpine Archery Pro Staff, Tru-Ball Releases Staff , Hydronics Archery Pro Staff,Victory Arrows Staff, Bohning Archery , Vibra-Check , TP Scope Lenses Pro Staff, Mossy Oak Pro Staff....
    RANGER BOW STRINGS

I re-set my whisker biscuit, just to make sure and did a walk-back tune. Only had to move my sight 1/2 a notch.

My string I just noticed. Have to wait until tomorrow-he is closed today because of the holiday.

I'm wondering if it is the string-the area just under the serving looks really bad-my shooting buddy said he hasn't seen one look that bad before!!! now I'm afraid to shoot in case it snaps!

I will let you guys know what he says. Just fyi-my bowtech guy is good but not an expert.