You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.

Default RULES? What Rules.

Just started going to IBO sanctioned events this year, previously just shot local shoots.

Read all the IBO rules for advanced hunter class, made sure that my equipment was legal, bought new binos 8x, took a pin out of my sight, got a 12" stabilizer etc etc etc...

Went to IBO sanctioned events and nobody seems to care about whether you are legal or not. Nobody has checked my arrows for weight, nobody has inspected my sight for 4 pins, measured stabilizer, checked my binos for markings. Not a single rule has been checked. I asked some other guys and they say that they have never seen a person checked or been checked in either IBO or ASA. At one shoot I was writing in were they ask for your bow weight, arrow weight and speed and the head guy told me not to worry about that.

Has anyone ever been checked?? What is the purpose for all these rules if it is only enforced if someone files a complaint?
    SAVE A BUCK--SHOOT AN OUTFITTER

In ASA we have been chronoed several times and since you are asigned a stake you will be policed by your group for equitment violations. ASA shoots are not like a local shoot you will shoot with the same 4 or 5 other people both days. Also range officals on the ranges as well.

2012 Bow Tech Pro Staff
    Sword Pro Staff Vane Tech Pro Staff
    Gold Tip Factory Staff Coffey marketing
    A.S.A. IL. State Director

Never been checked at a big shoot either. But its nice to be legal, you never know when it may happen.

Many years ago we had equipment checks at local shoots tho

Sounds like its alot about the honor system and if you cheat the only person you are really cheating is yourself. I would hate to think I won something by having an unfair advantage over one of my opponents. That is why I love golf so much its not me against any one person its me against myself and the course.

"HONDA"

Quote Originally Posted by BowhuntnHoosier View Post
    Sounds like its alot about the honor system and if you cheat the only person you are really cheating is yourself. I would hate to think I won something by having an unfair advantage over one of my opponents. That is why I love golf so much its not me against any one person its me against myself and the course.

Speaking of golf ,, I just got back from 10 days in Myrtle Beach. Played the World Tour, Legends Moorland and The Heritage Club. Top notch facilities, they treat you like a king. It was me vs the course and I LOST., if you know what I mean

so you playgolf like you shoot archery
    I cut things up and split them down!

If only all archers were like that...
    New Breed Archery
    Gold Tip - Spot-Hogg

Default Asa & Ibo!

I shot an asa two weeks ago & then an ibo the next day.
    At the asa they looked at my arrows & ask me my bow wt & arrow speed.
    They were checking others that they thought would be shooting to fast!
    at the ibo they looked at my rig & placed me in the class that was it!
    No checking on the course.
    The only time i seen anything happen in the past was at an ibo were a shooter came in 2nd place in a bowhunter class complained that the winner in that class had a stab.to long,the range master checked it was 12,3/4 inches they disqualified him an gave the award to the 2nd place shooter.
    I remember this because i was in 3rd & they placed me 2nd.
    Also the shooter that broke the rule was a club member he couldnt shoot there the rest of the year!
    kbohunt

Bows,07PSE,MOJO-3D,05Flash
    Arrows..beman ICS hunter
    SURE-LOCK sights..Extreme scopes..TT rest
    FBSA-MEMBER
    Wheely Custom Quivers & Poston Stab's..Made in The U.S.A

Last year at our club we held the Mo. Bowhunters state championship and every bow that came in i conografed. The rules are NFAA and they have a speed limit of 288fps. I had to have a few guys turn their bows down. And at the check in booth if something didnt look right they checked it before they they went out on the range. But at any other shoot that i have been to except one no one has ever checked anything.

Mo.Hick

Quote Originally Posted by BOWMAN View Post
    so you playgolf like you shoot archery
    STOP IT!!!

Quote Originally Posted by "SIN"ERGY View Post
    STOP IT!!!
    i cant help myself....he would have said the same thing had the roles been reversed.....

The local shoots here are self-policing. Somebody will get in your face if your obviously shooting open class stuff from the hunter class stake and things like that. As far as arrow weight, vane type, etc nobody seems to care. We don't have any sanctioned shoots around here so nobody is around trying to make people walk the line. It's pretty laid back, which makes it fun I think. I've never shot a sanctioned shoot so I don't know what kind of controls are in place to prevent intentional or unintentional cheating.

Ron

Quote Originally Posted by BOWMAN View Post
    i cant help myself....he would have said the same thing had the roles been reversed.....
    Now how can you say that...........................................ok so maybe its true.

"HONDA"

Now how can you say that...........................................ok so maybe its true.
    yeah thats what I thought.......

At the Bedford IBO we check equipment on certain scores and above. We have a list of scores per class that we are suppose to check.
    Elite Z28
    Pathfinder wraps
    Vortex optics
    Gods Country Outdoors
    Ranger custom bowstrings