You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.

Default Prayers needed for bad weekend

It is hard for me to write this. I came very close to loseing by oldest boy this weekend. He truck was hit by a train this weekend. He is very sore though. I usually dont ask for anything but prayers for him would be very appreicated. Dont know what is going to happen yet. The good LORD let him walk from the wreck though. To look at his truck you would not think anyone could walk from the wreck. This site is the greastest site there is. I thank you in advance for the prayers. I have to go now getting to emotional.

Mo.Hick

Site Guru

I hope everything works out for him... but I have to ask...

how did he get hit by a train?
    No I'm not dead

Our prayers are sent to your family and son.

Its not often you hear of anyone walking away after being struck by a train. Your son is very lucky.

Prayers sent your son's way.
    Ron

WOW! Prayers Sent. I too have to ask, How does one get hit by a train?

OH MY! You know it was very lucky he walked away. The Architect of the Universe was not ready for him for sure...you know he's one very lucky person. I think you've probably thanked the one above for granting him more time here on this earth. WoW!
    FBSA Member and Concierge
    Hoyt UltraElite 25" 40#, Carter Fits Me Too, Shibuya Compound Sight & Black Eagle scope, TT Spring Steel I, Slingbraid Custom Bow Slings, Quick Stand Bowstand, Carbon Express Nano XR

in Dixie Home of the Brave and land of the Free

God bless ya folks with comfort and peace during this trying time is our prayer and that He would continue ta keep His lovin' hand on ya'll.

God is good to us.

Switchback xt BYC LOOP- SHOOT NOW56# 385gr 2312 Eclipse 100gr Muzzy 256fps SEPTER RANGER STRINGS, 4th axis,335 jammers @ 61# =285 fps

Prayers sent for him and your whole family. We all have angels around us all the time and sounds like his were told by the Father to safeguard him. No one knows what Gods plans are for us that is why we should be ready at all times. For we know not the hour. I thank God you were granted more time with your son. And pray the Lords protection over all my 3DSHOOTS family.

"HONDA"

Prayers sent!
    Elite Z28
    Pathfinder wraps
    Vortex optics
    Gods Country Outdoors
    Ranger custom bowstrings

your family is in my prayers..
    New Breed Archery
    Gold Tip - Spot-Hogg

Sent Mo.Hick I wish you and the family the best. Hope ya can still make it this weekend, ya got one of these coming There is no worse fear than the thought of losing a child.
    www.Missouriwhitetails.com
    Trophy Rock Pro Staff
    Hunt Hard, Hunt Safe, Pass It On

Prayers sent...

I thank you all for all the prayers. Each and everyone of you have a special place in my and my famileys heart. This crossing is by his house. It is a very dangerous. I drive a 3/4 ton 4x4 dodge pickup and you can not see a train until you get about 25 yards from the crossing. I went and took pictures tonight. There is no lights or gate that comes down to let you know that a train is coming.The train never blew his horn until he was on the tracks. When he saw the train he hit his brakes tried to put his truck into reverse but hit park. Buy the time he hit reverse he said he moved just enough that the train hit the front of his truck instead of in the drivers door. That was more of a blessing that we all can imagine Crushed the front of the truck. Then the seat belt cought and pulled him back into the drivers door and broke the driver door window with the side of his face. Has a lot of cuts on his face. I know that this sounds out of the ordnary. But I can tell you all that I am the most blessed man in the world to still have my son. I can not imagine buring one of my kids. They are supposed to bury me. Once again thank you all from the bottom of my heart. I pray that GOD sends each and every one of you a special blessing.

Mo.Hick

sorry I didnt see this earlier....prayers sent.....

and as far as how he got hit by the train.....there is a bussiness in my area that the intersection to the road does not allow a tractor trailer enough room to cross the tracks, pull up to the road, and look for on comming traffic....if you are unlucky enough to get a line of cars on the road and have to wait for the traffic....the hole time your trailer is dead center over the RR tracks.....not to mention that the RR tracks at that point are just comming out of a sharpe bend and there is no way they can stop.....many a truck and driver have lost there lives there....
    I cut things up and split them down!

I don't know if you guys remember this but there was a bad train/school bus accident in Fox River Grove, IL about 10-12 or so years ago. That's where I used to live at the time. Several high school kids got killed because of that, but also many kids were spared. It was a very sad time for the community.

The bus was at a red traffic light with the back end of it hanging over the tracks because there were a couple of cars in front of the bus. The bus driver had no clue the back of it was over the tracks. The thing was hit by a train going about 50 mph (Metra commuter train). It took the body of the bus and pulled it off the frame and tossed it, literally, about 100 feet down the tracks.

No drugs or alcohol were involved and it was determined that the bus driver was not at fault since she could not have seen that the bus was intersecting the track. It was morning commute to work/school and the area the accident happened is very congested with traffic in the morning and evening commute hours. It's very hard to drive through there and not get hung up in traffic because the layout is so bad.

The upshot is that even after the accident the town did not do anything to re-time the lights or re-engineer the way the intersections are set up that go through that town. There are several intersections that converge right near the tracks, why I'll never know. All I think happened was that the train speed limit for the express trains that don't make a stop there was cut from 55 mph to 45 mph (I may be a bit inaccurate on that part). The problem is that getting hit by a train that's basically a 2-3 story building going 45 mph vs 55 mph is still a potentially deadly event. It seems to me that doing nothing was not an option, but what they did was to just appease the locals that 'something' was done... Not enough in my opinion.

I think all track/road crossings need to at least have a warning system installed. Minimally having all obstructions removed so drivers can see what's coming... Too many needless accidents could be prevented.

Ron

Prayers are sent and I glad everything worked out and you still have your son. God bless you and your family.

2012 Bow Tech Pro Staff
    Sword Pro Staff Vane Tech Pro Staff
    Gold Tip Factory Staff Coffey marketing
    A.S.A. IL. State Director

You and your son are in my thoughts and prayers. I am glad he will be ok.