You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.

Thread: Bow Tunning

Default Bow Tunning

I was wandering if there is any good books on tunning compound bows. I know that I will get a hard time for asking this question. I not bad at it. But any time I can improve I want to. I think it is also improtant since I own two different kind of bows now. I would like these books to include how to set 3rd axes sights also.

Mo.Hick

in Dixie Home of the Brave and land of the Free

Quote Originally Posted by MO.HICK View Post
    I was wandering if there is any good books on tunning compound bows. I know that I will get a hard time for asking this question. I not bad at it. But any time I can improve I want to. I think it is also improtant since I own two different kind of bows now. I would like these books to include how to set 3rd axes sights also.

Mo.Hick
    That sounds great but have you considered the web for there is most anything you can want nowadays and it is down loadable. . Smokes.

Switchback xt BYC LOOP- SHOOT NOW56# 385gr 2312 Eclipse 100gr Muzzy 256fps SEPTER RANGER STRINGS, 4th axis,335 jammers @ 61# =285 fps

One of the best tuning guides you can get is downloadable from Easton's website. It's free. It starts with basic setting up of the bow to several methods of tuning and micro-tuning.

And it doesn't really matter a whole lot whether you have two different bows or not. Tuning procedures are very similar if not the same for all of them.

As for setting the 3rd axis of any sight most that have this feature come with the directions right with them.

Quote Originally Posted by bfisher View Post
    One of the best tuning guides you can get is downloadable from Easton's website. It's free. It starts with basic setting up of the bow to several methods of tuning and micro-tuning.

And it doesn't really matter a whole lot whether you have two different bows or not. Tuning procedures are very similar if not the same for all of them.

As for setting the 3rd axis of any sight most that have this feature come with the directions right with them.
    very good info in this post.....
    I cut things up and split them down!

Quote Originally Posted by MO.HICK View Post

Mo.Hick
    Larry Wise has a few books out there for tuning and basic maintenance to a compound.(i.e. Tuning Your Compound Bow). The books arenít bad, but they are not great either. I think his books are a great starting point to gain some knowledge.

For 3rd axis set-up, same as bfisher said... they came with the sight.

Default tuning!

All the answers are correct, get info off the web.
    There is a little difference on the way you set up two different bows if one is solo-cam & one is duel-cam!
    Applies to tiller measurements & Nocking-point!
    Hope this helps.
    kbohunt

Bows,07PSE,MOJO-3D,05Flash
    Arrows..beman ICS hunter
    SURE-LOCK sights..Extreme scopes..TT rest
    FBSA-MEMBER
    Wheely Custom Quivers & Poston Stab's..Made in The U.S.A

Thanks guys. Now i have directions to go in. Every little bit helps. I did go the eastons web site and got a lot of info on arrows. Thanks again.

Mo.Hick

Couple other sites you might look at are Spot Hogg and Hunter's Friend. There are asome pretty good tutorials on each. There are others, too, but I'm having a brain fart at the moment.

Barry