You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.

Thread: The Marine

Huntin Junkie

Default The Marine

> > THE BEST COMEBACK LINE EVER!Marine Corps General Reinwald was interviewed on the radio the other day and you'll love his reply to the lady who interviewed him concerning guns and children. Regardless of how you feel about gun laws you gotta love this!!!!This is one of the best comeback lines of all time. It is a portion of National Public Radio (NPR) interview between a female broadcaster and US Marine Corps General Reinwald who was about to sponsor a Boy Scout Troop visiting his military installation.FEMALE INTERVIEWER: So, General Reinwald, what things are you going to teach these young boys when they visit your base?GENERAL REINWALD: We're going to teach them climbing, canoeing, archery, and shooting.FEMALE INTERVIEWER: Shooting! That's a bit irresponsible, isn't it?GENERAL REINWALD: I don't see why, they'll be properly supervised on the rifle range.FEMALE INTERVIEWER: Don't you admit that this is a terribly dangerous activity to be teaching children?GENERAL REINWALD: I don't see how. We will be teaching them proper rifle discipline before they ever touch a firearm.FEMALE INTERVIEWER: But you're equipping them to become violent killers.GENERAL REINWALD: Well, Ma'am, you're equipped to be a prostitute, but you're not one, are you?The radio went silent and the interview ended.
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > > You gotta love the Marines!

I cut things up and split them down!

that's good! Marines, gotta love em.

I love it that is putting those nasty irresponsible uneducated gun grabbers in their place.(Sitting quietly with their mouths SHUT!!!)

Good job General:: HOO RAA

"HONDA"

in Dixie Home of the Brave and land of the Free

Dittos on tha

HOO RAA

Switchback xt BYC LOOP- SHOOT NOW56# 385gr 2312 Eclipse 100gr Muzzy 256fps SEPTER RANGER STRINGS, 4th axis,335 jammers @ 61# =285 fps

Default yea!

Unfortunately a lot of people probably didn't get the point.
    Where would America be without the "gun totting redneck"?

One Shot, One Kill, No remorse!
    Do you think NPR will rerun the interview? Somehow I doubt it. Too Politically Incorrect.
    Last edited by Sniper; 06-06-2007 at 01:28 PM.

Huntin Junkie

That seems to be the problem these days. No one will stand up and say what is on their mind. The tree huggers won't eat you, most are vegetarians.
    Introduce a kid to the outdoors, the American way depends on it

If you can read this, thank a teacher
    If you can read this in english, thank a soldier.

08 82nd Airborne, 29" - 60 lbs - 300 fps
    Octane Hostage Pro
    Octane quiver
    G5 XR .019 sights, Meta peep
    Sims S-coil
    Carbon Force Radial X-weav, Rage 3-blade - 390 grn

06 Tribute, 27.5" - 284 fps

As a former Marine, I am not surprised at the General's response. Contrary to some opinions, many Marines are highly intelligent, and one of the things I miss most was the perfectly timed jokes that I heard all the time. From the first day of recruit training on, it was fun for my eight years in. Many of us do not suffer fools gladly, and the Generals' comments were right in the Bullseye. I wish I could have seen and heard the phony indignation of the interviewer after being bested by a mere Marine General. I'm sure she set that up just to embaress, and was very upset to find herself not as smart as she thought. A reality check. You have to be smart to be a smarta--.
    Last edited by Sniper; 06-06-2007 at 02:25 PM.

Huntin Junkie

You are correct in that. I have a son that is looking pretty hard at the Marines. After 2 years of JROTC, he is staring to get that quick wit mentality. His Captain and Gunny don't cut them any slack.
    Introduce a kid to the outdoors, the American way depends on it

If you can read this, thank a teacher
    If you can read this in english, thank a soldier.

08 82nd Airborne, 29" - 60 lbs - 300 fps
    Octane Hostage Pro
    Octane quiver
    G5 XR .019 sights, Meta peep
    Sims S-coil
    Carbon Force Radial X-weav, Rage 3-blade - 390 grn

06 Tribute, 27.5" - 284 fps

It's nice to know that as screwed up as so many people are, a few still choose the Marines, even with all the real and false stories and legends out there. By no means are all Marines worthy of the reputation given, some are jerks, and I knew many who had no business there, but majority were smart, capable, and had a great sense of humor. We had a hell of a time to keep from falling over when a Drill Instructor went off on somebody, and even the target was red and swollen to keep from laughing. Even the Di's had to stop the tirades and run outside to laugh without the recruits seeing them do it. By all means, it was not all fun and games, but the humor was inescapable. only the dumba--es did laugh, because they just didn't get it. the biggest difference between a Marine and EVERYBODY else, is they heard about the reputation, and decided to join. Others choose something else. That's why they are looking for A FEW GOOD MEN (preferable with a sense of humor!) I wish your boy all the best if he goes that way. If he believes he can, he probobly can. They never promise you a rose garden, so don't expect one.