You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.

Default WB in slow motion

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwTiz...elated&search=

after seeing this going to rethink about getting one

I have never used a WB, but just looking at them, I don't like them

Quote Originally Posted by Wheels3 View Post
    I have never used a WB, but just looking at them, I don't like them
    yuppy just ask the puppy franky....hey switched to the Rip cord and says he will never shoot anything else.....
    I cut things up and split them down!

I do not care what anyone else thinks. I know they are the best hunting rest on the market bar none. And come September I will have mine back on my XT. Now I hope you will all have a great day.

"HONDA"

Quote Originally Posted by BowhuntnHoosier View Post
    I do not care what anyone else thinks. I know they are the best hunting rest on the market bar none. And come September I will have mine back on my XT. Now I hope you will all have a great day.
    IYO........

Quote Originally Posted by BOWMAN View Post
    IYO........
    Nope its proven.

That video is with an old style WB and with an untuned PSE.

"HONDA"

I use a WB. Why? because I tried it and it works.
    At least out to 40yds, which is all I need.

But, even if I had not...

What does almost every single professional hunter use in almost every hunting video production, whether sponsored by Carolina Archery or not? The WB.

The only shows I have seen of people NOT using the WB are shows where specifically another rest manufacturer is paying them to shoot something else.

There is no better testament to the usefulness of a product that having people who count on having every shot be their best to put food on their table and gas in their cards, that they use a particular product even when not paid to do so.

People can say whatever they want about how something looks or what they think it does to arrow flight and/or speed. Not that PSE, who sells the Phantom would have a vested interest in showing the WB in the worst possible light...

Shoot it and decide for yourself. Don't let a video make that choice for you.
    2006 PSE Diablo - 26"/68# |VBG Triangle | WB DX QS | ST Magnums
    TR One Piece Quiver | Doinker 7" M-Rod | Vibracheck HD | Scott Wildcat
    Box Family Archery Site / Diablo Owners Club / Maine Hunter Support Group

Gee, what does everyone think a drop away rest does, there's more keeping the arrow on its original path with a WB that anything else. All I saw was a rest that provided less drag that everyone likes to preach it has. In order to truly making an argument against the WB using this footage there would have to be the same footage of the same (how did he put that?) untuned PSE from the same vantage point with a different rest. Anyone ever involved with testing will tell you that the only way to competently evaluate a product is to first establish the standard. So, I must say that this only proves that the WB is now the standard. And everything else can not be rated against this standard until tested and proven.
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you:
    Jesus Christ & The American G. I.
    One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Some People spend their whole lives wondering if they made a difference in the world.
    Luckily our Service Men and Women don't have that problem.

doesnt really matter, tuned or untuned.....the fact is that when that video came out MANY moons ago....every PSE guy and thier brother claimed the bow was untuned......

every person myself included believes that the stuff they shoot is the best.....if they didnt then I would think there was something wrong.....why would you settle for your second best???

Did you marry the guy or girl that you kinda love??? Or did you marry the person you were head over heels about???

its all the same.....

so you know what shoot what makes you more confident.....

That video has been around a long time... Have you guys seen the comparison video of the drop away from PSE ? It clearly looks like the vanes hit the rest... If you look closely at the video from the Vapor Trail/Limb Driver web site for their rest it clearly looks like the vanes hit the rest.

There's nothing more exciting (not) than having an arrow fall off your rest at full draw because you're moving in a tree stand following a moving target and have the bow touch your stand or a branch or something.
    Believe me, there's nothing worse or more aggrivating.
    I use a WB for hunting now. I used to use a Quick-Tune prong style. For 3D/Target those type of rests are great. For hunting I prefer a WB and at 20-30 yards they work just fine.

Ron

most of the people who claim the WB is no good ( not all but most) have not even ever tried it... I can see the target guys shooting spots and what not wanting a different rest, but for hunting it is one of the best.... personally it really makes not one bit of difference if at 40 yards my WB group is 1/2 inch bigger then a drop away group, not for hunting anyway...

Quote Originally Posted by BowhuntnHoosier View Post
    I'm with him... won't use anything else on my hunting bow
    New Breed Archery
    Gold Tip - Spot-Hogg

I love the WB!!! However, there is a new rest on the horizon, one that uses magnets. There was an article about it in the latest Popular Science magazine. It was developed by a hunter.

http://www.popsci.com/popsci/technol...cbccdrcrd.html

Interesting to see what comes of this!

yup the air rest.. been seeing them for about a year now... looked at em ina couple shops but never bought one

I wouldn't say for certain that that PSE wasn't tuned. True, the rest wasn't perpendicular to the arrow, but the fact that the arrow did a lot of whipping going through the rest just proves (to may eyes anyway) that an arrow flexes vertically while leaving a bow.

Quote Originally Posted by BrowningBabe View Post
    I love the WB!!! However, there is a new rest on the horizon, one that uses magnets. There was an article about it in the latest Popular Science magazine. It was developed by a hunter.

http://www.popsci.com/popsci/technol...cbccdrcrd.html

Interesting to see what comes of this!
    From what I understand, the insert that goes in the front of the arrow is heavy, the arrows length has to be right on the money to work right, and the arrow takes several seconds to "stabilize" after any movement at all.

There is a rest that I think could probably hurt whisker biscuit sales. It is called the Catawba Still Shot. It has 3 sets of "whiskers" that contact the arrow but not the fletchings.
    Pathfinder Arrow Wraps

Quote Originally Posted by jcmorgan31 View Post
    From what I understand, the insert that goes in the front of the arrow is heavy, the arrows length has to be right on the money to work right, and the arrow takes several seconds to "stabilize" after any movement at all.

There is a rest that I think could probably hurt whisker biscuit sales. It is called the Catawba Still Shot. It has 3 sets of "whiskers" that contact the arrow but not the fletchings.
    NAP has a rest similar called the Quicktune 360. It has 3 'pads' that support the arrow. I've seen them and they seem OK but never tried one.

Ron

Quote Originally Posted by Ronhop View Post
    NAP has a rest similar called the Quicktune 360. It has 3 'pads' that support the arrow. I've seen them and they seem OK but never tried one.

Ron
    I used the NAP360. The negative is that if your arrows are not set-up exactly the same and every shot exactly the same you have a chance of hitting a vane on only one or two of the bristle sets which can not the flight a bit. The WB insures the same contact every time and your only worry really is setting up to miss the black bristles in the bottom center (like the 360 post).

People make too much about the contact.
    Inconsistent contact is bad, consistent contact is not.
    2006 PSE Diablo - 26"/68# |VBG Triangle | WB DX QS | ST Magnums
    TR One Piece Quiver | Doinker 7" M-Rod | Vibracheck HD | Scott Wildcat
    Box Family Archery Site / Diablo Owners Club / Maine Hunter Support Group

The flaw in the Air rest is that you need to wait at full draw until the arrow stops wiggling. It moves quite a bit until it settles.
    Chris Christenson - Admin
    3DShoots.com - Find Archery Shoots near you
    ObsessionArchery.com - Archery Supplies