You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Father's Day / Shoot?

I have a dilema!! There is a shoot I want to go to, but it is on Father's Day. I was going to just stay home, but Brent saw my flyer for it. Without ever bringing it up, I asked him what He wanted to do for FathersDay and he told me to go shoot. If I am happy, he is happy, is what he said. I asked him a couple different times and he keeps telling me to go. Should I go shoot and have a good day or sit at home and watch NASCAR? Which would still be ok, but I would rather shoot

Quote Originally Posted by Wheels3 View Post
    I have a dilema!! There is a shoot I want to go to, but it is on Father's Day. I was going to just stay home, but Brent saw my flyer for it. Without ever bringing it up, I asked him what He wanted to do for FathersDay and he told me to go shoot. If I am happy, he is happy, is what he said. I asked him a couple different times and he keeps telling me to go. Should I go shoot and have a good day or sit at home and watch NASCAR? Which would still be ok, but I would rather shoot

he will be watching NASCAR and playing w/the girls.....I say go for it.....

also when you get home.....do something nice.....
    I cut things up and split them down!

Decisions --- Decisions!!!!!

I have been guilty and have gone to a few shoots on Mothers Day, but I did get some crap for it --- but it was worth it to get my archery fix.

Go to the shoot he is not your father let him spend time with the girls. Then after the shoot you can all do something special together.

"HONDA"

have fathersday a day early and go to the shot if that dosent work go to the shoot he will understand

just remind him of the times he went with the boys

Default Go

I would be all right with it, if my wife wanted to go.
    Where would America be without the "gun totting redneck"?

Go to the shoot. My wife understands when i go no matter what is going on. We just do something on a different day. He should not have told you to go if he did not meen it. Just be truthful with each other.

Mo.Hick

Site Guru

go and on the way home pick up some nice steaks and fixins for a big dinner. He'll be thrilled
    No I'm not dead

Shoot !

Ron

Well how old is he? If your father is up there in age you might want to think about how many quality years you have together.

ny911bowhunter

Give him a "little present" before the shoot - and tell him the good one's not till you get back.

NO guy in the world could refuse that - instant gratification and looking forward to more all day.......nothering better!

Quote Originally Posted by whitetail99 View Post
    Well how old is he? If your father is up there in age you might want to think about how many quality years you have together.
    my father is 500 miles away so he gets a phone call, this is my hubby.

Well I did not guess that one right.

looks like I will be shooting

Stay home. You'll regret every missed opportunity someday down the road. If you can't finish the shoot and be home by Noon, don't go.

Quote Originally Posted by Sniper View Post
    Stay home. You'll regret every missed opportunity someday down the road. If you can't finish the shoot and be home by Noon, don't go.
    Your joking right? I think my missed opportunity would be the shooting if I didn't go. We wouldn't do anything but watch NASCAR and sit around the house all day anyway. Same thing we do every week (except church for me and the kids). Plus, he said if I am happy, he is happy and he knows how much I love to shoot

I think your sig - says it all: Don't think about it, just shoot it.

Don't debate it or think about it --- just go out and shoot!

Wheels is this the shoot in Briones??? Some of the guys in my club are going but I'd be a failure....haven't even done any real 3-d outside at all. One of these days we're gonna have to give it a go....that would be fun I'd think.
    FBSA Member and Concierge
    Hoyt UltraElite 25" 40#, Carter Fits Me Too, Shibuya Compound Sight & Black Eagle scope, TT Spring Steel I, Slingbraid Custom Bow Slings, Quick Stand Bowstand, Carbon Express Nano XR

Quote Originally Posted by chelleo View Post
    Wheels is this the shoot in Briones??? Some of the guys in my club are going but I'd be a failure....haven't even done any real 3-d outside at all. One of these days we're gonna have to give it a go....that would be fun I'd think.
    I am not sure Where it is at. It is the Cougar Mountain shoot. Then the next weekend is the Shasta Mountain Shoot up here above Redding somewhere. You will get addicted the first time you shoot one. They are alot of fun.

Ahh I think that is a different shoot probably something just in your area.
    FBSA Member and Concierge
    Hoyt UltraElite 25" 40#, Carter Fits Me Too, Shibuya Compound Sight & Black Eagle scope, TT Spring Steel I, Slingbraid Custom Bow Slings, Quick Stand Bowstand, Carbon Express Nano XR