You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Site Guru

Default You guys won't believe this! (another psycho neighbor)

So today I get an IM from my wife that the neighbors X-Wife drove up to their garden (out back of their house with about a 3 foot fence around it) and put a rooster in there...

well needless to say when I got home the stupid rooster was standing on the fence and proceeded to hop down and run around, straight into my yards... and my dogs were out. so of course they go after it, I call them inside and then go to catch it... of course the thing runs so I call my dogs back out and let them chase it off the property.

well about 15 minutes later the stupid thing comes back and my dogs start chasing it again... I put them back inside and now I'm upset, we were sitting on the back porch the whole time so my dogs not being able to come out because the neighbors X brought home a rooster isn't going to fly with me... so I go over and knock on their door, but I didn't go empty handed.

**Flashback** - 2 weeks ago while Crys, Conner and I were in Williamsburg on vacation I had my younger brother Adam (21 years old) watching the house. On Thursday I get a pissed off call from him about the neighbors X going off on him for trespassing, doing lines of coke at some bar he's never been to, accuses him of cutting her off that afternoon (he just got to my house from working at a job site over an hour away from the house and its 5:00 pm) and claims my shed is built on her property...

When I got home I went and looked and it looked like someone basically tried driving the property line with a car over and over, the grass is all dead and in some areas its down to rocks, in addition there were a couple piles of pine branches laying around on my side, they had been snapped off the tree and a glass was sitting in one of my planters (not one of mine).

**Forward back to today

So I took the glass over with me to return it and asked the neighbor to go remove the rooster from my yard. Just then they pyscho X starts in about how my brother started crap with her and how he was trespassing on her land... I kept my cool and just turned and walked away. The guy that owns the house (Steve) stopped me and said whoa lets talk about this. So I explain exactly what I said above. She (the X) then sticks her head out the window and begins yelling about me supplying her sons parties with beer and goes off about this... I tell the guy I've never bought them beer and if they are getting beer from me its by breaking into my house and raiding my fridge... in which case we have an issue. Keep in mind, his son and all his friends are underage and at least once a week they are in the back of his yard drinking and inside his house getting stoned... and they accuse me of buying him beer...

She then also yelled that I better tell my wife to stop talking about her or else... (NOW SHE IS PUSHING IT!) but I kept my cool and was the good neighbor.

I then pointed out the damage done to the yard (The driver that was trying to drive the property line missed a few times into my yard). HE then tries to catch the rooster and of course he can't of course so I ask him what the hell he wants me to do with it as I can't let my dogs out on my property with it there.

He tells me to kill it. I asked him if he wanted the body back and he tells me to just throw it in the woods. (what woods?) ....no problem. 1 subsonic .22 round to the back did the trick, it ran off and died somewhere on someone elses property.

This is also the guy whose dog comes over at least once a week and rips into my trash, and we just found out that our neighbor on the other side has also had problems with his dog, 2 houses down had the same issue as well.

So at this point its on the verge of a police matter. The next time she says anything to Crystal I've told her to call the police immediately. The lady isn't right in the head and I wouldn't doubt for a second that she goes nuts and crosses the line.

MAN DO I HATE NEIGHBORS!
    No I'm not dead

Sounds like you need a really tall fence. Or to move away!

Had a similar problem with our neighbor. He called the police and accused our kids of playing on this back porch and keying his car. Unfortunately for him they were at their Dad's house during that time. So, when the police asked if they could speak with them I said it was fine with us, and gave him a phone number. When the officer asked why she needed to call a different number I said it was because they left with their dad two nights ago, but if she wanted to wait that they would be home later that afternoon. Last I ever heard about the issue.

While working at the police department I determined that some people's lives are so messed up that they have to make others look bad in order to feel normal. It sounds, though, as if the guy isn't all that bad, maybe you need to find an opportunity to have a sit down chat with him while she isn't around. If that doesn't work then get the boys in blue involved, that is why they are there. Regardless, I do commend you on trying to find a solution on your own though, but I do know that you can only keep your cool so long.
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you:
    Jesus Christ & The American G. I.
    One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Some People spend their whole lives wondering if they made a difference in the world.
    Luckily our Service Men and Women don't have that problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Dredly View Post
    So today I get an IM from my wife that the neighbors X-Wife drove up to their garden (out back of their house with about a 3 foot fence around it) and put a rooster in there...

well needless to say when I got home the stupid rooster was standing on the fence and proceeded to hop down and run around, straight into my yards... and my dogs were out. so of course they go after it, I call them inside and then go to catch it... of course the thing runs so I call my dogs back out and let them chase it off the property.

well about 15 minutes later the stupid thing comes back and my dogs start chasing it again... I put them back inside and now I'm upset, we were sitting on the back porch the whole time so my dogs not being able to come out because the neighbors X brought home a rooster isn't going to fly with me... so I go over and knock on their door, but I didn't go empty handed.

**Flashback** - 2 weeks ago while Crys, Conner and I were in Williamsburg on vacation I had my younger brother Adam (21 years old) watching the house. On Thursday I get a pissed off call from him about the neighbors X going off on him for trespassing, doing lines of coke at some bar he's never been to, accuses him of cutting her off that afternoon (he just got to my house from working at a job site over an hour away from the house and its 5:00 pm) and claims my shed is built on her property...

When I got home I went and looked and it looked like someone basically tried driving the property line with a car over and over, the grass is all dead and in some areas its down to rocks, in addition there were a couple piles of pine branches laying around on my side, they had been snapped off the tree and a glass was sitting in one of my planters (not one of mine).

**Forward back to today

So I took the glass over with me to return it and asked the neighbor to go remove the rooster from my yard. Just then they pyscho X starts in about how my brother started crap with her and how he was trespassing on her land... I kept my cool and just turned and walked away. The guy that owns the house (Steve) stopped me and said whoa lets talk about this. So I explain exactly what I said above. She (the X) then sticks her head out the window and begins yelling about me supplying her sons parties with beer and goes off about this... I tell the guy I've never bought them beer and if they are getting beer from me its by breaking into my house and raiding my fridge... in which case we have an issue. Keep in mind, his son and all his friends are underage and at least once a week they are in the back of his yard drinking and inside his house getting stoned... and they accuse me of buying him beer...

She then also yelled that I better tell my wife to stop talking about her or else... (NOW SHE IS PUSHING IT!) but I kept my cool and was the good neighbor.

I then pointed out the damage done to the yard (The driver that was trying to drive the property line missed a few times into my yard). HE then tries to catch the rooster and of course he can't of course so I ask him what the hell he wants me to do with it as I can't let my dogs out on my property with it there.

He tells me to kill it. I asked him if he wanted the body back and he tells me to just throw it in the woods. (what woods?) ....no problem. 1 subsonic .22 round to the back did the trick, it ran off and died somewhere on someone elses property.

This is also the guy whose dog comes over at least once a week and rips into my trash, and we just found out that our neighbor on the other side has also had problems with his dog, 2 houses down had the same issue as well.

So at this point its on the verge of a police matter. The next time she says anything to Crystal I've told her to call the police immediately. The lady isn't right in the head and I wouldn't doubt for a second that she goes nuts and crosses the line.

MAN DO I HATE NEIGHBORS!
    You can probably find a local attorney that would file a restraining order for $100 or so. Then if she comes into your property or a certain distance from it she's actually breaking the law and the police will actually arrest her and charge her. I did this once a long time ago and it actually worked really well.

My motto has generally been to try and use the system to your benefit instead of getting mad (now that I'm older and lost my short fuse). These days I don't get mad, I call the authorities and hand the headache over to them. That's what we supposedly pay taxes for.

Good luck man. That kind of sh*t don't fly with me either and I feel for ya.

Ron

When I was stationed at Fort Campbell, KY, we lived off-post out in the country. We had a 1 year old Siberian Husky in a fenced in yard. The neighbor had a whole flock of chickens that he just let go wherever. They would come over behind my fenced in yard (in my unfenced yard) and peck around. And of course my Husky would stand there licking his chops.

One day, he couldn't take it any longer and dug under the fence and commenced to chasing the chickens all over the place. He caught one and killed it. When my wife went to get it from him, he swallowed it (like he did when you went to get anything away from him that he wasn't supposed to have). The neighbor evidently didn't miss that one because he never put up missing chicken posters.

A week or two later, this scenario played out the same way again with my dog again chasing the chickens off my property. This time he followed them onto the neighbors property. I went to get the dog and the old guy came out of the door with a shotgun. He yelled at me to "get my &$% dog off his property before he shot him. I told him if he shot my dog he would have a whole flock of dead chickens. Then he tells me my dog had just killed his "prize rooster" and that I was gonna have to pay him for it. I asked him where the chicken was and he told me that it had ran off into the hedge row and must have died in there. I told him to produce a body and we would talk. He never did.

After this I put an electric fence around the bottom of my chain link fence and managed to keep the Husky in the fence. The old guy never did fence in his "prize" chickens. I don't understand why people think it is OK for them to let their "pets" run all over Gods creation, but refuse to accept the consequences when their "pets" get what they have coming to them.
    Pathfinder Arrow Wraps

Poor Dredly... you just attract 'em don't ya?
    New Breed Archery
    Gold Tip - Spot-Hogg

Quote Originally Posted by J.A.G. View Post
    Poor Dredly... you just attract 'em don't ya?
    Not just him, I think I have one that has the ability to become a jerk. In his case I think it's only a matter of time before we have words. But, I'm already greasing the skids on shutting any potential BS down quickly.
    It's nice when you happen to be friends with a local public official.

Ron

I'm married to the local public official.. so i dont have neighbor problems.. heck, most of them wont even wave.. works for me!
    New Breed Archery
    Gold Tip - Spot-Hogg

I had a psyco neihgbor once......

trust me Dredly.....you need to file a police report w/dates and details.....I failed to do this at first and almost got my butt handed to me in court.....that was that for about 6 months.....then all of a sudden someboby pee'd in her corn flakes, and it was on again.....This time I had pictures, documentation...and video.....lets just say at the end of all of it the person was tiold that if they ever filed false police reports again they were going directly to jail......for 30 days.....it was a small town, many people were in court that night, both judges and every cop....all 3 ......she never bothered me again.....

so trust me when I tell you this......FILE A POLICE REPORT.....its your only recourse sometimes....
    I cut things up and split them down!

Default Dreadly!

I had the same kind a problems when i was younger,with kids
    So i moved,
    If your an outdoorsman,archer,hunter,love the outdoors,You will realize, sooner or later that you need space from others,no matter how much it cost to drive to work, you need to move out for your own sanity!
    kbohunt

Bows,07PSE,MOJO-3D,05Flash
    Arrows..beman ICS hunter
    SURE-LOCK sights..Extreme scopes..TT rest
    FBSA-MEMBER
    Wheely Custom Quivers & Poston Stab's..Made in The U.S.A

Site Guru

I'm 35 miles from work... there is nowhere within an hour+ of work now that isn't horrible because of all the transplants moving in. It gets worse up north.

- As for the police report. I tried to file one today but was basically told "If an issue arises we will investigate after it occurs"... thanks PA state troopers!

The only other option I have is to file a report on the destruction of private property and I can't prove it was her (even though I know it was) because I wasn't home to witness it. Her yelling at me isn't enough for anything. Now if a party of underage kids happens to get reported to the cops...

On a side note. I just brought my trash cans up from the road today and there is a Coors light can in the bottom of it.... I don't drink Coors Light and there hasn't been any consumed at my house... ummm ever. Plus Crystal just put trash in that can yesterday because the dog ripped up the trash and it had to be put somewhere and there were no cans in it then... so the neighbor is now stashing beer cans in my trash.
    No I'm not dead

Default Dreadly!

Your gonna have to search out a new place to live, its only gonna get worse!
    and its gonna drive you crazy until you do.
    kbohunt

Bows,07PSE,MOJO-3D,05Flash
    Arrows..beman ICS hunter
    SURE-LOCK sights..Extreme scopes..TT rest
    FBSA-MEMBER
    Wheely Custom Quivers & Poston Stab's..Made in The U.S.A

in Dixie Home of the Brave and land of the Free

I know that this is not gonna jive with ya'll But.....
    tha Good Book says ta pray fer yore enemys and ta do good ta them that do ya wrong ta bless them and return no evil for evil.

thats a very hard lesson ta learn but there is a certian amount of peace in it. Sometimes ya can just kill em.....

with KINDNESS

Switchback xt BYC LOOP- SHOOT NOW56# 385gr 2312 Eclipse 100gr Muzzy 256fps SEPTER RANGER STRINGS, 4th axis,335 jammers @ 61# =285 fps

Quote Originally Posted by kbohunt View Post
    Your gonna have to search out a new place to live, its only gonna get worse!
    and its gonna drive you crazy until you do.
    Yea --- I have to agree with KBO. You need to find better options and get the heck out of there... Once the one psycho moves out of there you have a 80% of another one coming in!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Holy Smokes View Post
    tha Good Book says ta pray fer yore enemys and ta do good ta them that do ya wrong ta bless them and return no evil for evil.

thats a very hard lesson ta learn but there is a certian amount of peace in it. Sometimes ya can just kill em.....

with KINDNESS
    Maybe have Crystal bake her a cake... or have a party for all to come so the kids don't need to steal your beer......

Sorry Smokes... I had to do it!

Quote Originally Posted by Holy Smokes View Post

with KINDNESS
    Listen smokes I am just as happy killing the angry/rude customer that comes in to the shop w/kindness........

but what about all the news stories we hear about psyco nieghbors killing the nice people......

come on smokes....some people can not be nice, do not know how to be nice and were never taught to be nice.....

answer me this if you lived next to JWG.....would you kill him w/KINDNESS???

Quote Originally Posted by Dredly View Post
    I'm 35 miles from work... there is nowhere within an hour+ of work now that isn't horrible because of all the transplants moving in. It gets worse up north.

- As for the police report. I tried to file one today but was basically told "If an issue arises we will investigate after it occurs"... thanks PA state troopers!

The only other option I have is to file a report on the destruction of private property and I can't prove it was her (even though I know it was) because I wasn't home to witness it. Her yelling at me isn't enough for anything. Now if a party of underage kids happens to get reported to the cops...

On a side note. I just brought my trash cans up from the road today and there is a Coors light can in the bottom of it.... I don't drink Coors Light and there hasn't been any consumed at my house... ummm ever. Plus Crystal just put trash in that can yesterday because the dog ripped up the trash and it had to be put somewhere and there were no cans in it then... so the neighbor is now stashing beer cans in my trash.
    lets move to Tenn....and torment smokes......

Quote Originally Posted by BOWMAN View Post
    Listen smokes I am just as happy killing the angry/rude customer that comes in to the shop w/kindness........

but what about all the news stories we hear about psyco nieghbors killing the nice people......

come on smokes....some people can not be nice, do not know how to be nice and were never taught to be nice.....

answer me this if you lived next to JWG.....would you kill him w/KINDNESS???
    being tha Christian that I am I would have ta. I would definitely have my heater with me as I have a permit ta carry.
    I ain't no fool but I pray often that i don't have ta use that thing but you will find it very close by at all times fer that Bible say that a fellar that doesn't provide fer his family is worse than and infidel(sinner) protection is one of tha mans responsibilities. Nobody had better mess with tha Queen Bee or they will be in big trouble.

Switchback xt BYC LOOP- SHOOT NOW56# 385gr 2312 Eclipse 100gr Muzzy 256fps SEPTER RANGER STRINGS, 4th axis,335 jammers @ 61# =285 fps

Quote Originally Posted by BOWMAN View Post
    lets move to Tenn....and torment smokes......
    Yup just havin Yankees around would be torment enough. But yore welcome anyway. Hows that fer Southern Hospitality.

Quote Originally Posted by Jay Are View Post
    Maybe have Crystal bake her a cake... or have a party for all to come so the kids don't need to steal your beer......

Sorry Smokes... I had to do it!
    good thinkin JR.. Tha Bible does say ta feed yore enemy's. And not a knuckle sandwich