You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.

Thread: Power scopes?

Default Power scopes?

Ive got a 3x scope with a claifier that works with my glasses.
    What I want to know is, i had to switch to a bi-focal glasses & i cant see thru the scope now!
    Am i going to have to shoot with no lens power or is there something out there to correct this?
    kbohunt

Bows,07PSE,MOJO-3D,05Flash
    Arrows..beman ICS hunter
    SURE-LOCK sights..Extreme scopes..TT rest
    FBSA-MEMBER
    Wheely Custom Quivers & Poston Stab's..Made in The U.S.A

Consider Lazer Surgery. Evals are usually free.

Default Surgery!

Quote Originally Posted by Sniper View Post
    Consider Lazer Surgery. Evals are usually free.
    Doc says no lazer, only for one vision,near sighted or far,not both.
    I know some shooters have the same issue.
    They were talkin about it, i cant find the thread!
    kbohunt

Arrows..beman ICS hunter
    FBSA-MEMBER

"What a drag it is getting old."

I had bifocals made just for archery because my regular glasses are progressive lenses and I was seeing double scopes etc. Maybe you need a smaller bifocal so you just are looking thru the main part of the lens. I have no problem now at all since I got my special glasses. I actually went to the next to highest lens and am still using the #1 clarifier and it works great.
    FBSA Member and Concierge
    Hoyt UltraElite 25" 40#, Carter Fits Me Too, Shibuya Compound Sight & Black Eagle scope, TT Spring Steel I, Slingbraid Custom Bow Slings, Quick Stand Bowstand, Carbon Express Nano XR

Default Ha, there?

[QUOTE=chelleo;43472]I had bifocals made just for archery because my regular glasses are progressive lenses and I was seeing double scopes etc. Maybe you need a smaller bifocal so you just are looking thru the main part of the lens. I have no problem now at all since I got my special glasses. I actually went to the next to highest lens and am still using the #1 clarifier and it works great.[/QU

Hi, Chelleo
    When you got your Bi-focals for shooting, did you have to take your scope lens & clarifier in to the doctor to explain it & get it all to match,or do they allready know?
    kbohunt

Arrows..beman ICS hunter
    FBSA-MEMBER

You don't have to do that. I actually got a stronger scope only because I couldnt get enough magnification. That is really just your preference thing and the #1 clarifier works very well with the 8X scope. When you say you can't see thru the scope....what exactly do you mean? Is it too blurry or something or what? I got the glasses just so I had the distance part of the lense and the bifocal very low in the glasses as possible. I was having trouble with my progressive lenses seeing double scopes etc. Now I have no trouble at all but the power of the lense is your personal preference, has not much to do with the lenses.
    Hoyt UltraElite 25" 40#, Carter Fits Me Too, Shibuya Compound Sight & Black Eagle scope, TT Spring Steel I, Slingbraid Custom Bow Slings, Quick Stand Bowstand, Carbon Express Nano XR

I'm probably way off base here but why not have a set of glass made without
    bifocals in them for shooting?

Default bi-focal

Quote Originally Posted by Colo_Lee View Post
    I'm probably way off base here but why not have a set of glass made without
    bifocals in them for shooting?
    The problem is my eyesight got worse to the point where i have to start wearing bi-focals
    My old glasses are high power farsighted like a 8x scope
    I was seeing the target at 40yds blurry so i got the bi's
    now i can see clear at 100yds but no clarifier and scope will let me use my glasses.
    I switched to a pin & its allright shooting but i would like to get that magnification back like a 3x or less!
    kbohunt

Arrows..beman ICS hunter
    FBSA-MEMBER

I have bifocals and have the same problem with the .55 diopter lens I just bought, from all people, Chelle...

I'm going to try a clarifier and see if that fixes the issue. I love my bi-focals but they have messed with my sight/lens setup pretty good.

Ron

Quote Originally Posted by Ronhop View Post
    I have bifocals and have the same problem with the .55 diopter lens I just bought, from all people, Chelle...

I'm going to try a clarifier and see if that fixes the issue. I love my bi-focals but they have messed with my sight/lens setup pretty good.

Ron

I thought you knew bout the clarifier silly goose....#1 and all will be nice and clear. I was using that scope on hubby's bow till I got mine and the target was magnified but really fuzzy, until I got the clarifier. For me the #1 clarifier works even on the new lens I got which was the .80 and now I just have to learn to hold my arm steadier. You really see your problems at 50yds even.

Quote Originally Posted by chelleo View Post
    I thought you knew bout the clarifier silly goose....#1 and all will be nice and clear. I was using that scope on hubby's bow till I got mine and the target was magnified but really fuzzy, until I got the clarifier. For me the #1 clarifier works even on the new lens I got which was the .80 and now I just have to learn to hold my arm steadier. You really see your problems at 50yds even.
    Yep, I'm off all this week so I'm going to head out to the local shooting supply place/range and pick one up since they stock all aperture sizes and lens strengths. I went there yesterday and they're closed Sundays. I believe you can 'try before you buy' there. They specialize in target shooting but will special order stuff for you at a reasonable price. I have not had much time to mess with that lens until the past few days.

Ron

Purchased and installed #1 clarifier yesterday morning... Fixed the problem.

Thanks Chelle.

Ron

Quote Originally Posted by Sniper View Post
    "What a drag it is getting old."
    Yup, the eye doctor I went to that recommended bi-focals "congratulated" me on my "graduation" to the middle-aged club...

Ron

Default Thanks guys & gals!

Im going to check out the #1 clarifier !
    kbohunt

Arrows..beman ICS hunter
    FBSA-MEMBER

Quote Originally Posted by Ronhop View Post
    Purchased and installed #1 clarifier yesterday morning... Fixed the problem.

Thanks Chelle.

Ron
    I knew that would fix ze ole fuzzy problem. Then the other thing you want to do is get the scope to fill the apeture as much as possible so that it makes things more accurate. I had to get the next to smallest one, the smallest was just too darn tiny for these ole eyes to focus on.

I knew that would fix ze ole fuzzy problem. Then the other thing you want to do is get the scope to fill the apeture as much as possible so that it makes things more accurate. I had to get the next to smallest one, the smallest was just too darn tiny for these ole eyes to focus on.
    That part I was actually able to figure out on my own...

I bought the Specialty Archery superball peep kit a few weeks ago. That's a really great way to set up your peep/scope without having to screw around with serving peeps in all the time. It's pretty economical too in the scheme of things.

Ron

Quote Originally Posted by kbohunt View Post
    Im going to check out the #1 clarifier !
    I brought my bow into the shop and shot arrows with a couple different powers of clarifiers. It seems the higher you go the sharper the target becomes but then you get this fuzzier dot 'thing' as your pin. Things that are closer to you become fuzzy. I didn't like that which is why I stayed with the #1. It didn't seem to affect my pin but it definitely cleared up my target picture.

Ron