You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 38
  1. #1
    Site Guru
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Saylorsburg PA
    Posts
    4,358

    Default Time for some new arrows...

    and I'm trying to decide what I want to shoot. More then likely I'll be shooting the same dozen for 3-d and Hunting but I don't care about camo color (would perfer black to be honest).

    Cost is a HUGE concern.

    I don't want to use gold tips, they don't stand up well enough and I'm ready for something new. I like Beman but they are heavy (9.3 gr / inch for the ICS)

    So give me some suggestions, I'll be shooting these primarily out of my Old Glory and whatever hunting bow I pickup. Poundage is between 67 - 72 pounds and the arrow will be 29" long, I'm shooting a 30" draw.

    suggestions? What is rugged enough to last through a season of 3d (and me missing) and still be good enough for some hunting?
    No I'm not dead

  2. #2
    I pray for you! BUNNYMAN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    the Hutch
    Posts
    29,901

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dredly View Post
    and I'm trying to decide what I want to shoot. More then likely I'll be shooting the same dozen for 3-d and Hunting but I don't care about camo color (would perfer black to be honest).

    Cost is a HUGE concern.

    I don't want to use gold tips, they don't stand up well enough and I'm ready for something new. I like Beman but they are heavy (9.3 gr / inch for the ICS)

    So give me some suggestions, I'll be shooting these primarily out of my Old Glory and whatever hunting bow I pickup. Poundage is between 67 - 72 pounds and the arrow will be 29" long, I'm shooting a 30" draw.

    suggestions? What is rugged enough to last through a season of 3d (and me missing) and still be good enough for some hunting?


    CX maxima 350's........the only arrow that will be in my hunting quiver.....they work pretty good for 3-d also.....

    for 3-D right now, its 3-d selects......but the shop I shoot for is a CX fan.....so thats what I use.....

    what are you using now???
    I cut things up and split them down!

  3. #3
    Site Guru
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Saylorsburg PA
    Posts
    4,358

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BOWMAN View Post
    CX maxima 350's........the only arrow that will be in my hunting quiver.....they work pretty good for 3-d also.....

    for 3-D right now, its 3-d selects......but the shop I shoot for is a CX fan.....so thats what I use.....

    what are you using now???
    Right now I'm shooting Goldtip 7595 at 29 inches. I think they are going in the 275 - 285 range but I haven't chronoed it. I'm down to 4 good arrows left which isn't nearly enough for the R100 so I need to order a new dozen but Gold Tips are to pricey and to weak
    No I'm not dead

  4. #4
    Senior Member poorshot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    North East PA
    Posts
    230

    Default Another vote for 350 Maxima

    I started using CX Maxima 350's this year, and they are the best arrows I have ever shot.

  5. #5
    are u a fat boy? kbohunt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Moseley,Va
    Posts
    3,237

    Default Ha,dreadly!

    Quote Originally Posted by Dredly View Post
    and I'm trying to decide what I want to shoot. More then likely I'll be shooting the same dozen for 3-d and Hunting but I don't care about camo color (would perfer black to be honest).

    Cost is a HUGE concern.

    I don't want to use gold tips, they don't stand up well enough and I'm ready for something new. I like Beman but they are heavy (9.3 gr / inch for the ICS)

    So give me some suggestions, I'll be shooting these primarily out of my Old Glory and whatever hunting bow I pickup. Poundage is between 67 - 72 pounds and the arrow will be 29" long, I'm shooting a 30" draw.

    suggestions? What is rugged enough to last through a season of 3d (and me missing) and still be good enough for some hunting?
    I shoot beman-ICS for target & hunting, There ICS HUNTERS-400's
    And there 8.2 grains per inch!
    kbohunt

    Bows,07PSE,MOJO-3D,05Flash
    Arrows..beman ICS hunter
    SURE-LOCK sights..Extreme scopes..TT rest
    FBSA-MEMBER
    Wheely Custom Quivers & Poston Stab's..Made in The U.S.A

  6. #6
    Wheely Threads Wheely's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Oregon
    Posts
    5,602

    Default

    I was shooting Beman 500's and just go my Carbon Force arrows. I love them. they are shooting 13 fps faster and my accuracy has improved and I haven't practiced hardly at all since I got them.

  7. #7
    Bisquit....... BowhuntnHoosier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Hoosierville
    Posts
    13,885

    Default

    If you want a tuff and big bang for your buck arrow then I would suggest you take a look at Carbon Force X-Weaves. I am totally sold on them. But different strokes for different folks, good luck in your adventure of finding a new arrow.


    "HONDA"

  8. #8
    Site Guru
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Saylorsburg PA
    Posts
    4,358

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kbohunt View Post
    I shoot beman-ICS for target & hunting, There ICS HUNTERS-400's
    And there 8.2 grains per inch!
    I think I'm going to go with the ICS Hunter 340's (I have a man's draw length )

    I've shot his out of my bow and they fly very nice, they are reasonably priced and they are strong as crap.
    No I'm not dead

  9. #9
    RIP Ronhop's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Rock Island, IL
    Posts
    3,967

    Default

    One of my buddies just got a dozen ICS Hunters and they are very well built. I'd never seen them before that. He chrono'd his old arrows (some junk) against the new ones and I think he said he picked up 10 fps.

    Ron

  10. #10
    are u a fat boy? kbohunt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Moseley,Va
    Posts
    3,237

    Default Cant go wrong!

    Quote Originally Posted by Dredly View Post
    I think I'm going to go with the ICS Hunter 340's (I have a man's draw length )

    I've shot his out of my bow and they fly very nice, they are reasonably priced and they are strong as crap.
    For the price, ya cant beat them!
    Ive been shootem for 3 years now,but the new ones i just got with the vibra insert are even better!
    Make sure if you get them your not buying last years stock with the old inserts!
    The new ones have the Anti-vibration,rubber tipped insert!
    kbohunt

    Bows,07PSE,MOJO-3D,05Flash
    Arrows..beman ICS hunter
    SURE-LOCK sights..Extreme scopes..TT rest
    FBSA-MEMBER
    Wheely Custom Quivers & Poston Stab's..Made in The U.S.A

  11. #11
    Site Guru
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Saylorsburg PA
    Posts
    4,358

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kbohunt View Post
    For the price, ya cant beat them!
    Ive been shootem for 3 years now,but the new ones i just got with the vibra insert are even better!
    Make sure if you get them your not buying last years stock with the old inserts!
    The new ones have the Anti-vibration,rubber tipped insert!
    sounds good, my dad has been shooting the same dozen for 3+ years now. He even lost one last fall. found it a month ago and it is still shooting perfectly (the tip is rusted to hell though )
    No I'm not dead

  12. #12
    I pray for you! BUNNYMAN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    the Hutch
    Posts
    29,901

    Default

    go ahead get the second best......I forgot you shoot bowtech, your used to second rate stuff.......
    I cut things up and split them down!

  13. #13
    Site Guru
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Saylorsburg PA
    Posts
    4,358

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BOWMAN View Post
    go ahead get the second best......I forgot you shoot bowtech, your used to second rate stuff.......
    I also shoot Mathews w/ a SureLoc site... what are you trying to say?

    Basically its either I spend less on arrows that are still very good quality and go to the D100 or I spend 120.00 on expensive arrows and I don't go.
    No I'm not dead

  14. #14
    I pray for you! BUNNYMAN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    the Hutch
    Posts
    29,901

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dredly View Post
    I also shoot Mathews w/ a SureLoc site... what are you trying to say?

    Basically its either I spend less on arrows that are still very good quality and go to the D100 or I spend 120.00 on expensive arrows and I don't go.
    you need me to hook you up w/some.......???

    I am here to help......even though you did not make it to my wedding....
    I cut things up and split them down!

  15. #15
    Member rqthunter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Tucson, NE
    Posts
    41

    Default

    Cabela's extreme stalker 55/70 are excellent and are made by Easton.
    Their website says the straightness factor is .005, but the box I purchased a few weeks ago says .002. The carbon hunters suck, but the extreme stalkers are good. I think the Easton axis are the best and are primarily what I shoot with, but I got the extreme stalkers to try out and plink with. Weight is only 7.9 gpi up to 70 lbs. I shoot a 27" arrow with a 29.5 inch draw to get some kickin' speed. I have a QAD dropaway rest which allows for a shorter arrow--as do others.
    Bowtech Guardian
    70 lb, 30" draw
    Del. Whisker Biscuit
    Apex Inferno Sight
    Easton Axis 340 carbon arrows,

  16. #16
    Prodigal Son jcmorgan31's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Orange Co., Indiana
    Posts
    4,569

    Default

    Victory VForce V5. Check them out. Would be well worth the time....
    Pathfinder Arrow Wraps

  17. #17
    Site Guru
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Saylorsburg PA
    Posts
    4,358

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jcmorgan31 View Post
    Victory VForce V5. Check them out. Would be well worth the time....
    got a link?
    No I'm not dead

  18. #18
    I pray for you! BUNNYMAN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    the Hutch
    Posts
    29,901

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dredly View Post
    got a link?
    http://www.victoryarchery.com/VForceHV.aspx

    try this.....
    I cut things up and split them down!

  19. #19
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    220

    Default

    What about Easton Lightspeeds, the 340s should work good for both Hunting and 3Ding.

  20. #20
    I pray for you! BUNNYMAN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    the Hutch
    Posts
    29,901

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tek View Post
    What about Easton Lightspeeds, the 340s should work good for both Hunting and 3Ding.
    what do they run for a dozen???
    I cut things up and split them down!

Similar Threads

  1. out for the first time
    By mrgrinch233 in forum Beginners Archery Range
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 10-23-2007, 03:25 PM
  2. time for some fun....
    By BUNNYMAN in forum General Archery Forum
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 06-22-2007, 05:16 PM
  3. About Time!
    By Dredly in forum General Archery Forum
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 02-17-2007, 09:12 PM
  4. OK. One more time around - carbon arrows
    By Lefteye in forum General Archery Forum
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 01-17-2007, 10:58 PM
  5. First time 3D!
    By two_shoes in forum Beginners Archery Range
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 02-28-2006, 12:34 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •