You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Vane colors

Default Vane colors

Do you boys and girls care what colors your vanes are? My bow tech couldn't believe it when I told him to pick the colors, cuz I don't really care (as long as they are NOT pink) Do you pick colors you like or colors that are easy to see in the target?

Default Colors!

Quote Originally Posted by Wheels3 View Post
    Do you boys and girls care what colors your vanes are? My bow tech couldn't believe it when I told him to pick the colors, cuz I don't really care (as long as they are NOT pink) Do you pick colors you like or colors that are easy to see in the target?
    I pick both!
    one time i order some arrows,couldnt makem fast enough!
    I told the guy i didnt care what colors(never again)
    He put on floresent/transparent pink & yellow!
    I had to strip them ugly vanes off!
    Pick your colors if you order, if ya dont youll be sorry!
    kbohunt

Bows,07PSE,MOJO-3D,05Flash
    Arrows..beman ICS hunter
    SURE-LOCK sights..Extreme scopes..TT rest
    FBSA-MEMBER
    Wheely Custom Quivers & Poston Stab's..Made in The U.S.A

Depends on what I'm shooting at. For 3d, I us flo orange and yellow. Same for the nock. Some of the guys use all black, so other shooters in their group can't use their arrow for a aiming point. For Vegas, I use a dark color, so I can see it on the center. For hunting, The woods are full or Orange and Yellow from the leaves, so if I miss , or pass through, it can be hell finding the arrow. I try to use colors that are not present in nature, except white (the deer can see it in the quiver if they look up and around) or that contrast my target. If one of my friends Robin Hood's one of my arrows, I'm happy for him, but WILL get even when he shoots first. I fletch my own, so I don't have to wait on a guy in a store.

I like 2 whites with another bright color. I also use a white wrap, the visibility is great for hunting. Being able to see where u hit the animal, finding the arrow in the ground or if missed, and for telling me what kind of hit i have by judging the blood.

Down here in S.E. Pa our older deer get educated fast during hunting season. Hunters who don't go high enough and get spotted teach the older deer to be cautious. I've seen nice bucks and old does walk throught the woods, stopping regularly and looking carefully up into the trees in front and off the sides. They get smart about hunters, and go the other way if they see ANYTHING suspicious. The white in the quiver is more than enough. They sure lock in on it. The young naive deer don't learn very fast, and often get shot before they get old enough to learn good judgement. They really play the game down here. they can tell the difference between a harmless citizen and a hunter in a couple weeks of archery season. Too much pressure.

I just prefer white/orange but I don't know why...
    I recently bought some black Blazers but I don't know why...

Ron

I have 3 white blazers on mine. I can see the impact of arrow better.

And besides......................arent white vanes faster.

"HONDA"

Quote Originally Posted by BowhuntnHoosier View Post
    I have 3 white blazers on mine. I can see the impact of arrow better.

And besides......................arent white vanes faster.
    White must be faster because they are lighter because they have no color in them...

Ron

Quote Originally Posted by Ronhop View Post
    White must be faster because they are lighter because they have no color in them...

Ron
    See there I knew I was right....................just did'nt know why.

"HONDA"

Site Guru

I normally shoot blaze orange and Neon green blazers... mainly because thats what I have but I think I'm going to get some more different colors when I pickup my new arrows.

As for what Sniper said... he ain't kidding. We shot with Jay Are (the sandbagger ) who was shooting black arrows, black fletch and black nock and with a few exceptions we couldn't see his arrow at all. Mine and my dad's stood out like a beacon to aim at.

I'm thinking about fletching up a bunch in black / brown blazers for 3-d (the ICS is a black shaft anyway).

As for hunting there are only 2 choices imho. White fletching w/ a blaze orange minority vane and a white arrow wrap or a blaze orange wrap. The arrows actually glow and you can easily follow them when you shoot plus blood stands out quite clearly so you can easily see if you got a good hit w/ your binos without getting out of the tree.
    No I'm not dead

A lot of the open/unlimited guys use all black/brown vanes and nocks. The problem is when they miss (and some of them do), your arrow is usually gone...

If anyone shoots at my arrow on a 3D target they're either dumb or don't want a respectable score or both...

Ron

Site Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Ronhop View Post
    A lot of the open/unlimited guys use all black/brown vanes and nocks. The problem is when they miss (and some of them do), your arrow is usually gone...

If anyone shoots at my arrow on a 3D target they're either dumb or don't want a respectable score or both...

Ron
    Yeah I was a bit torn in making my decision... Misery likes company and those gut shots I keep putting on the 3-d animals could sure use some other arrows near em
    No I'm not dead

Quote Originally Posted by Dredly View Post
    Yeah I was a bit torn in making my decision... Misery likes company and those gut shots I keep putting on the 3-d animals could sure use some other arrows near em

Ron

Default Ha,dreadly!

Quote Originally Posted by Dredly View Post
    I normally shoot blaze orange and Neon green blazers... mainly because thats what I have but I think I'm going to get some more different colors when I pickup my new arrows.

As for what Sniper said... he ain't kidding. We shot with Jay Are (the sandbagger ) who was shooting black arrows, black fletch and black nock and with a few exceptions we couldn't see his arrow at all. Mine and my dad's stood out like a beacon to aim at.

I'm thinking about fletching up a bunch in black / brown blazers for 3-d (the ICS is a black shaft anyway).

As for hunting there are only 2 choices imho. White fletching w/ a blaze orange minority vane and a white arrow wrap or a blaze orange wrap. The arrows actually glow and you can easily follow them when you shoot plus blood stands out quite clearly so you can easily see if you got a good hit w/ your binos without getting out of the tree.
    The color of choice for me,hunting & 3-d!
    On ICS!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    kbohunt

Bows,07PSE,MOJO-3D,05Flash
    Arrows..beman ICS hunter
    SURE-LOCK sights..Extreme scopes..TT rest
    FBSA-MEMBER
    Wheely Custom Quivers & Poston Stab's..Made in The U.S.A

Yeah, I like them tiger striped blazers. I may 'bling-bling' a few arrows with those for the R-100 just for grins...

Ron

I shoot black shafts, black vanes, and white knocks......(havent found and Black knocks).....goes w/the black bow.....
    I cut things up and split them down!

I usually go with Black vanes and Black nocks... I don't want to distract other shooters with my arrow when I hit the target outside the 8 ring.

you know what kills me......

when a customer will request a camo shaft and a BRITE fletching.....
    I cut things up and split them down!

I don't care what colors they are...

I shoot black nocks and black vanes for 3D. for paper I am shooting, I hate to say it pink vanes. thats all the shop had in the size I wanted. needless to say I have took some ribbing over them. and no they dont match anything I wear