You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 47

Thread: Vane colors

  1. #21
    I pray for you! BUNNYMAN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    the Hutch
    Posts
    29,901

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by brokenarrow View Post
    I don't care what colors they are...
    yeah who cares....your WB will tare them up no mater what color they are

    I know.....I know.....same arrows 30 yrs....no wrecked fletchings.....
    I cut things up and split them down!

  2. #22
    Evil Genius brokenarrow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Hudson Valley NY
    Posts
    5,305

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BOWMAN View Post
    yeah who cares....your WB will tare them up no mater what color they are

    I know.....I know.....same arrows 30 yrs....no wrecked fletchings.....
    That's right....

    I only wreck the shafts...


  3. #23
    I pray for you! BUNNYMAN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    the Hutch
    Posts
    29,901

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by longcut36 View Post
    I shoot black nocks and black vanes for 3D. for paper I am shooting, I hate to say it pink vanes. thats all the shop had in the size I wanted. needless to say I have took some ribbing over them. and no they dont match anything I wear

    there is nothing wrong w/pink vanes.....
    I cut things up and split them down!

  4. #24
    Senior Member Holy Smokes's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    in Dixie Home of the Brave and land of the Free
    Posts
    6,716

    Default

    I do 3 yellar and a whit nock fer hubting. Yellow is a color in tha fall leaves and it still gives me sometning bright ta follow inti tha deer when I shoot.
    It shows blod good as well.

    3d I use a white and 2 blue and a white nock. Stands out good on most targets. Nothing blue is in tha feilds and woods so it stands out.



    Switchback xt BYC LOOP- SHOOT NOW56# 385gr 2312 Eclipse 100gr Muzzy 256fps SEPTER RANGER STRINGS, 4th axis,335 jammers @ 61# =285 fps

  5. #25
    I pray for you! BUNNYMAN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    the Hutch
    Posts
    29,901

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Holy Smokes View Post
    I do 3 yellar and a whit nock fer hubting. Yellow is a color in tha fall leaves and it still gives me sometning bright ta follow inti tha deer when I shoot.
    It shows blod good as well.

    3d I use a white and 2 blue and a white nock. Stands out good on most targets. Nothing blue is in tha feilds and woods so it stands out.
    why is everyone worried about seeing there arrow in the target???

    you think you can move it??? telepathy??? its allready been shot....what ever it is, it is.....
    I cut things up and split them down!

  6. #26
    Wheely Threads Wheely's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Oregon
    Posts
    5,602

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BOWMAN View Post
    why is everyone worried about seeing there arrow in the target???

    you think you can move it??? telepathy??? its allready been shot....what ever it is, it is.....
    So if I hit high I know to aim a little lower

  7. #27
    I pray for you! BUNNYMAN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    the Hutch
    Posts
    29,901

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wheels3 View Post
    So if I hit high I know to aim a little lower
    so what if you just miss-judged the yardage???
    or punched the release......

    everyone would do them selves alot of good if they would concentrate more on shot exacution and less on watching there arrows flying to the target, or seeing where there arrows are in the target......


    you allready shot those arrows.....you cant take them back.....if you shot a 5 you shot a 5......its one shot one point value.....you dont get a do over....
    I cut things up and split them down!

  8. #28
    Senior Member chelleo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    San Rafael, CA
    Posts
    451

    Default

    The vanes MUST match something....maybe someone else's something but they must match LOL....Ok I'm tired need to get sleep.

    I just ordered some Bohning X-vanes the little guys 1.5's in Flo Red and Neon yellow for the index. I went nuts and I"m ordering some CX nano's and gotta have those teeny veins. I am even changing my arrow rest to a TT Spring Steel Launcher thingy. As for seeing the arrows in the target...yes once it's there yeah it's there. I need to know where it is though so I can adjust. We were shooting out to about 80 yds or such today...was kinda fun but I can hear them hit the target but as for seeing they would have to have little neon signs flashing for me to see them LOL.
    FBSA Member and Concierge
    Hoyt UltraElite 25" 40#, Carter Fits Me Too, Shibuya Compound Sight & Black Eagle scope, TT Spring Steel I, Slingbraid Custom Bow Slings, Quick Stand Bowstand, Carbon Express Nano XR

  9. #29
    are u a fat boy? kbohunt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Moseley,Va
    Posts
    3,237

    Default Yes & no!

    Quote Originally Posted by BOWMAN View Post
    so what if you just miss-judged the yardage???
    or punched the release......

    everyone would do them selves alot of good if they would concentrate more on shot exacution and less on watching there arrows flying to the target, or seeing where there arrows are in the target......


    you allready shot those arrows.....you cant take them back.....if you shot a 5 you shot a 5......its one shot one point value.....you dont get a do over....
    At the tournaments i shoot at theres a gas line with 3-targets allways set-up
    all 3 shots off 1 stake, if i couldnt see my arrow in the (most of the time) brown target, miss the 1inch 12 ring to the left or right (with binos at 40yds) i will miss the 12 ring on the 2nd & 3rd the same left or right!
    My eye sight is far worse than when i was 25 & i cant see a black or dark fletching in a target at 40 to 50 yds with binos.
    Also after every shot if i am left to right i adjust my sight 1click or 2 left or right,because i dont shoot the same from day to day.
    But if i were in bowhunter round,your right it wouldnt matter i couldnt adjust and i would use any other color fletching.
    And arrow flight the only time i love it hunting is the impact hit it halps me see it!
    Last edited by kbohunt; 06-17-2007 at 07:42 AM.
    kbohunt

    Bows,07PSE,MOJO-3D,05Flash
    Arrows..beman ICS hunter
    SURE-LOCK sights..Extreme scopes..TT rest
    FBSA-MEMBER
    Wheely Custom Quivers & Poston Stab's..Made in The U.S.A

  10. #30
    Senior Member longcut36's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    virginia
    Posts
    3,600

    Default

    have you ever shot behind some one with bright vanes that will show up good in targets. after they have finish shooting their 4 arrows will look at them thur binos. they are not going to move. go get the damb things and get out of my way.

  11. #31
    Evil Genius brokenarrow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Hudson Valley NY
    Posts
    5,305

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BOWMAN View Post
    why is everyone worried about seeing there arrow in the target???

    you think you can move it??? telepathy??? its allready been shot....what ever it is, it is.....
    I just like showing you guys where NOT to shoot...


  12. #32
    Member ecmbowhunter's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Murray, KY
    Posts
    82

    Default

    I have customers on a regular basis that ask me to crest their arrows and fletch with my choice of dip color, crest pattern and vane colors.

  13. #33
    I pray for you! BUNNYMAN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    the Hutch
    Posts
    29,901

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by brokenarrow View Post
    I just like showing you guys where NOT to shoot...
    loose the WB and all your troubles will go away......well almost all your problems....
    I cut things up and split them down!

  14. #34
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    975

    Default

    There have been many occasions when iIwas sure I aimed and released properly, and missed my aim point. After a couple of those shots I check my equipment to see if something came loose. Often the errant shot was due to something loose or bumped. Sound familiar? Seeing the arrow on the 3d immediately shows me if the equipment is on if I am, and which way to move to get back in. Only once did I every use anything close to pink, and will stick with other colors from now on. Jay Are still throws that at me. Funny how he spots that color right off.

  15. #35
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    1,403

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sniper View Post
    There have been many occasions when iIwas sure I aimed and released properly, and missed my aim point. After a couple of those shots I check my equipment to see if something came loose. Often the errant shot was due to something loose or bumped. Sound familiar? Seeing the arrow on the 3d immediately shows me if the equipment is on if I am, and which way to move to get back in. Only once did I every use anything close to pink, and will stick with other colors from now on. Jay Are still throws that at me. Funny how he spots that color right off.
    It says allot about a guy that is willing to shoot something "Hot Flamin Pink"

    Don't worry --- I understand... don't ask, don't tell.

  16. #36
    I pray for you! BUNNYMAN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    the Hutch
    Posts
    29,901

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jay Are View Post
    It says allot about a guy that is willing to shoot something "Hot Flamin Pink"

    Don't worry --- I understand... don't ask, don't tell.
    ummm the wraps I got for my indoor arrows are pink flamming wraps......whats you problem????
    I cut things up and split them down!

  17. #37
    Senior Member Holy Smokes's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    in Dixie Home of the Brave and land of the Free
    Posts
    6,716

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BOWMAN View Post
    why is everyone worried about seeing there arrow in the target???

    you think you can move it??? telepathy??? its allready been shot....what ever it is, it is.....
    It is kindly like wirting yore name down it says who you are, the colors, and also I like to see where I put that arrow and it makes me happy.

    Some folks must not git their kicks seein where they shot. I do!



    Switchback xt BYC LOOP- SHOOT NOW56# 385gr 2312 Eclipse 100gr Muzzy 256fps SEPTER RANGER STRINGS, 4th axis,335 jammers @ 61# =285 fps

  18. #38
    I pray for you! BUNNYMAN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    the Hutch
    Posts
    29,901

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Holy Smokes View Post
    It is kindly like wirting yore name down it says who you are, the colors, and also I like to see where I put that arrow and it makes me happy.

    Some folks must not git their kicks seein where they shot. I do!
    my arrows go where my pin was when I released......so.....
    I cut things up and split them down!

  19. #39
    Senior Member Holy Smokes's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    in Dixie Home of the Brave and land of the Free
    Posts
    6,716

    Default

    Sorry oh great one I am not as perfect as you. You must plesase forgive us underlinings that cannot shoot tha perfect round.

    I guess I will have ta be yore caddy so I can learn to be as great as you.



    Switchback xt BYC LOOP- SHOOT NOW56# 385gr 2312 Eclipse 100gr Muzzy 256fps SEPTER RANGER STRINGS, 4th axis,335 jammers @ 61# =285 fps

  20. #40
    I pray for you! BUNNYMAN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    the Hutch
    Posts
    29,901

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Holy Smokes View Post
    Sorry oh great one I am not as perfect as you. You must plesase forgive us underlinings that cannot shoot tha perfect round.

    I guess I will have ta be yore caddy so I can learn to be as great as you.
    is that an offer????

    come on smokes.....dont be so scared of me and my shooting.....your a man...get off your knee and stop begging me to take it easy on you......
    I cut things up and split them down!

Similar Threads

  1. vane weight
    By redneckbowhunter in forum General Archery Forum
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 12-30-2007, 08:41 PM
  2. vane tec vanes in stock many sizes and colors chepest price around
    By sean in forum Archery Equipment Accessories - Buy Sell Trade
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 11-15-2007, 01:22 PM
  3. vane length
    By sleepytrucker in forum General Archery Forum
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 10-15-2007, 02:16 PM
  4. What type of Vane?
    By swift footz in forum Beginners Archery Range
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 06-25-2007, 12:57 PM
  5. Vane Question???
    By MdBowhunter in forum General Archery Forum
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 03-23-2007, 09:00 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •